Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Here are a few more NBA 2K14 videos taken from Gamescom. The last one is labeled Xbox One, but it isn't next-gen. Only the current-gen game is being shown at the event.

Check them out and let us know what you think.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 ForeverVersatile @ 08/22/13 08:31 PM
Damn the lack of videos is killing me, i need to see more.

# 62 KyotoCarl @ 08/22/13 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
I'm hoping GTA holds me over. Don't want to purchase, FIFA, NBA, Battlefield for current gen and then next.
Yeah I'm getting GTA too but this is the only game I really look forward to each year.

Sent using Tap a Talk

# 63 ForeverVersatile @ 08/22/13 08:53 PM
Wait i think i got a longer video, i edit the first game.

# 64 ForeverVersatile @ 08/22/13 09:12 PM
Watch the video i added to the first page, i saw some nice collisions that resulted in a foul that wouldn't happen in 2K13, pump fake animation looks better, up and under missed due to good defense, saw a the quick escape dribble ICK was talking about, defensive bumping isn't so magnetic, foot planting looks better (see 3:35 in the second video).

# 65 Optik @ 08/22/13 09:23 PM
LOL, I love it (2nd video)! @0:30, Josh Powell rams into shooter and knocks him over, in attempt to contest 3pter and gets called for blocking foul.

Finally, a defensive animation to stop the up-n-under!

Defensive transition looks great @2:00, the defense is sprinting back, even the big men.

# 66 yungsta404 @ 08/22/13 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
LOL, I love it (2nd video). @0:30, Josh Powell rams into shooter and knocks him over, in attempt to contest 3pter and gets called for blocking foul.
Im guessing that was put in to help stop the effectiveness of the zone cheese where players were able to recover and fly out recklessly to contest 3 point shots with little to no punishment.

# 67 KyotoCarl @ 08/22/13 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
Watch the video i added to the first page, i saw some nice collisions that resulted in a foul that wouldn't happen in 2K13, pump fake animation looks better, up and under missed due to good defense, saw a the quick escape dribble ICK was talking about, defensive bumping isn't so magnetic, foot planting looks better (see 3:35 in the second video).
Nice video! Really appreciate you getting these videos for us.

Spacing looks great.
Off ball movement seems improved.
Collison also look improved.

Sent using Tap a Talk

# 68 ForeverVersatile @ 08/22/13 09:37 PM
Noticing that some animations look a lot smoother than 2K13. I really want to see someone use the damn pro stick more and do some nice passes, probably won't happen though. We all know how bad gamescom players are lmao.

# 69 Goffs @ 08/22/13 09:38 PM
Very nice! I'm trying to see if there are new sig skills...kinda hard to see because of the quality...

# 70 KyotoCarl @ 08/22/13 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
LOL, I love it (2nd video)! @0:30, Josh Powell rams into shooter and knocks him over, in attempt to contest 3pter and gets called for blocking foul.

Finally, a defensive animation to stop the up-n-under!
Yes, blocking foul instead of shooting or reach in.

Sent using Tap a Talk

# 71 ForeverVersatile @ 08/22/13 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Nice video! Really appreciate you getting these videos for us.

Spacing looks great.
Off ball movement seems improved.
Collison also look improved.

Sent using Tap a Talk
No problem, i think more will pop up by the weekend.

# 72 ForeverVersatile @ 08/22/13 09:43 PM
Did you guy's see the guy get knocked to the floors when he ran into the back of the ball handler at 2:05 in the second video, pretty funny. Rebounding looks to be fixes also, not seeing any player out of position get any boards.

# 73 Goffs @ 08/22/13 09:46 PM
Quote:
Did you guy's see the guy get knocked to the floors when he ran into the back of the ball handler at 2:05 in the second video, pretty funny. Rebounding looks to be fixes also, not seeing any player out of position get any boards.
It looks like the flop button was at work on that one....

# 74 ForeverVersatile @ 08/22/13 09:50 PM
Spotted a nice animation at 3:05, the ball handler pushes the ball up the court an switches hands without stopping momentum, i know i never seen that in 2K13.

# 75 k1lo5 @ 08/22/13 10:05 PM
http://youtu.be/0VJqPrT9-Sg

0.52 sec mark in this vid = Perkins running over a guy lying on the floor. hmmm. i liked the animation on the play but this is a fail!

# 76 KyotoCarl @ 08/22/13 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1lo5
http://youtu.be/0VJqPrT9-Sg

0.52 sec mark in this vid = Perkins running over a guy lying on the floor. hmmm. i liked the animation on the play but this is a fail!
That's pretty minor. Has nothing to do with gameplay really.

Sent using Tap a Talk

# 77 VDusen04 @ 08/22/13 10:11 PM
I saw some solid things in the second, longer video. That said, I did see one thing that reminded me of an aspect in 2K13 I kind of had a problem with: at 2:18, a player is streaking for a left handed layup. It's not contested, but the defender standing near I think registers as a contest, which then makes the player miss the shot. At least, that's how it worked in 2K13. In '13, I was able to predict which uncontested layups were going to be missed just based upon where the stationary non-threatening defender was positioned. Hopefully that was just a rare open court botch in the '14 video, but who knows at this point.

# 78 k1lo5 @ 08/22/13 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
That's pretty minor. Has nothing to do with gameplay really.

Sent using Tap a Talk
agree totally, hoping that's not the case on next gen. loving the layup animations!

# 79 ForeverVersatile @ 08/22/13 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I saw some solid things in the second, longer video. That said, I did see one thing that reminded me of an aspect in 2K13 I kind of had a problem with: at 2:18, a player is streaking for a left handed layup. It's not contested, but the defender standing near I think registers as a contest, which then makes the player miss the shot. At least, that's how it worked in 2K13. In '13, I was able to predict which uncontested layups were going to be missed just based upon where the stationary non-threatening defender was positioned. Hopefully that was just a rare open court botch in the '14 video, but who knows at this point.
Thats one thing that i really hated.

# 80 NINJAK2 @ 08/22/13 10:33 PM
Quote:
Thats one thing that i really hated.
Loved the 3:00 mark in your 2nd video when the user tries to use the up and under. The cpu doesn't bite, keeping his hands up during the process and forces a little contact and a missed shot. The up and under usually resulted in a defender force field push back and an easy 2 in 2k13.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.