Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Here are a few more NBA 2K14 videos taken from Gamescom. The last one is labeled Xbox One, but it isn't next-gen. Only the current-gen game is being shown at the event.

Check them out and let us know what you think.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 thedream2k13 @ 08/23/13 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
The pc has the most potential.. far beyond NG.
potential means nothing if the games aren't made exclusively for the PC. Almost every popular game is cross platform and devs aren't going to spend extra $$$ to upgrade a PC version that most people download for free

# 102 Goffs @ 08/23/13 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
So... maybe the PC version is a next gen version... did they already state that PC was a current gen port?
It's going to be released the same time with the console versions so it's just an assumption that it will most likely be current gen port. It makes sense if you think about it but I would **** bricks if the news will be that the PC version will be next gen PC port.

# 103 JasonWilliams55 @ 08/23/13 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
It's going to be released the same time with the console versions so it's just an assumption that it will most likely be current gen port. It makes sense if you think about it but I would **** bricks if the news will be that the PC version will be next gen PC port.
hmmm... ya I just don't see them releasing a PC port of next gen before next gen consoles... so who knows right now.

# 104 Goffs @ 08/23/13 11:49 AM
Quote:
hmmm... ya I just don't see them releasing a PC port of next gen before next gen consoles... so who knows right now.
Unless they're planning on releasing two versions of the game...one current and the other next gen....

# 105 Sundown @ 08/23/13 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
There's no point in enhancing the graphics alot since this next gen is coming.
I played 2K13 yesterday and it looks good graphics-wise. What's the problem with having the same graphics (i'm sure some faces have been tweaked and such) and having improved gameplay?

Just because 13 and 14 might look alike, just like 12 and 13 look alike and people bought 13, the gaming experience will be different, and isn't that what matters?

Also, $60 isn't that much to shell out on time each year for something you can enjoy for more or less a whole year.
Oh I'm cool with that, since next gen is coming. Just clarifying that current gen isn't holding the art back from what can still be done.

Although it does look like in order to make the game more responsive, it now breaks out of animations in twitchy unnatural ways. I saw a lot of jerks and weird traditions as well as players pick up balls impossibly fast in mid dribble to throw a pass. Don't really like that.

# 106 kingkevious @ 08/23/13 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealRC3
Looks exactly the same as 2K13. Hopefully it plays better.
of course curren gen gonna look just like last years cuz that aint the focus its next gen that looks wayyy different and better than this

# 107 david62221 @ 08/23/13 08:29 PM
movements look pretty good cant wait for this game to come out

# 108 Arod2k9 @ 08/23/13 09:00 PM
Game looks amazing even for the PS3, cyberfaces look spectacular just another great job by 2KSports NBA 2K family.

# 109 Muzyk23 @ 08/24/13 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
simply because the game is 20 bucks and also the major threat of pirating the PC
no idea where you took it from, what are you talking about?

pc games have always been cheaper, multiplatform games released on Pc get the full package and are still priced lower and piracy has really decreased a lot, unless you mean asian countries

don't get your thinking process, I played tomb raider, pes 2013 and many more on PC getting the full package, not being stripped and paying a lower price

# 110 Muzyk23 @ 08/24/13 06:02 AM
Quote:
who knows, maybe making the game on pc is quicker?

I think PC players wouldn't mind the game being released together with next gen release if it meant an upgrade. I know I wouldn't. In my case if it wasn't for the pc modding scene I would get bored and frustrated with the game very quickly seeing the same failed stuff all over again.

# 111 iLLosophy @ 08/25/13 05:41 PM
In the bottom video, i know he's speaking German, but it sounds like someone needs to excuse their french @ 4:22.

# 112 stillfeelme @ 08/25/13 05:53 PM
Yeah I knew I wasn't the only one that peeped that. lol

# 113 ForeverVersatile @ 08/25/13 06:36 PM
First post updated with a new video I found about an hour ago.

Saw a nice strong two handed move and a new one han dunk anmaion by a gaurd

# 114 KyotoCarl @ 08/25/13 08:55 PM
That new video, to me, showed a lot of good things. Never mind the user controlled team but the AI showed great awareness and the contact inte paint on contested layups looked great!

Sent using Tap a Talk

# 115 michali_pds @ 08/26/13 03:48 AM
Guys,

I have found a new video showing the introduction of NBA 2k14.

I just hope is not fake.

http://youtu.be/huQmEXoa7oo

# 116 Sundown @ 08/26/13 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michali_pds
Guys,

I have found a new video showing the introduction of NBA 2k14.

I just hope is not fake.

http://youtu.be/huQmEXoa7oo
Too much swearing to be real. Too well made and in the momentus style to be a random fake.

# 117 Goffs @ 08/26/13 06:57 AM
This guy plays pretty decent...PLENTY of positives in this vid

You can't force drive in a crowd the ball will get stripped
Block at the end

# 118 Vni @ 08/26/13 08:24 AM
Really loving the pumpfakes and that new jab step animation. Animations looking pretty tight so far.

Looks like we will be able to pumpfake and throw up a shot for the and one like we used to in 2K11.

Best vid so far.

# 119 Vni @ 08/26/13 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Too much swearing to be real. Too well made and in the momentus style to be a random fake.
Too long too. And where would that kid got it from anyway?

# 120 blues rocker @ 08/26/13 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
This guy plays pretty decent...PLENTY of positives in this vid

You can't force drive in a crowd the ball will get stripped
Block at the end

NO WAY, there's actual contact/fouls when defenders jump into shooters when contesting....00:43 mark.

this is a big one for me. in 2k13, half of the jumpshot contests were actually fouls, but there was never any contact/collision on jumpers and pump fakes outside the paint. finally, overzealous defenders will be punished for flying into shooters. hopefully this will cut down on defenders aggressively closing out and slamming into shooters with no consequence.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.