Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

The dust has settled and several of our staff members have some well formed opinions on the Madden NFL 25 demo, and what you should be thinking about before making a purchasing decision on this year's game.

Read More - Madden NFL 25 Demo Review Roundtable

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 dat boi Q @ 08/22/13 11:25 AM
Good honest and fair review. Seems like everyone is burnt out of EA football this gen. If next gen isn't any different then we will never get a true sim football game.

# 2 JJT @ 08/22/13 11:33 AM
Hope the review reflects the opinions. A 6 seems good.

# 3 PantherBeast_OS @ 08/22/13 11:35 AM
Well at this point most of these guys are right about the Defense part of Madden25 current. Pass rush is not even there to say the least and it seems the human D doesn't not do much on D against the AI. If you press the AI WRs then they end up beating you down field and your safety is no where to found. If you give them cushion then the WRs ends up beating you CBs on slants and drag routes all day. Nothing you do on D works against the AI offense most of the time on the demo. While some of the GC guys are currently working on the sliders to improve the D some for the human D. I just feel that EA focus this year was offense all the way. Giving D a black eye while in the process when it comes to the human D. Even with these problems I will still be getting my hands on current gen copy. Since I'm getting the next gen Xbox one in November. Buying current gen, Madden ain't going to be a big lose. Since I can trade the current gen copy in to put it towards next gen Madden 25 since current gen would have a 50$ trade in value. So anyone going next gen right away. Then getting current gen. Madden ain't going to be a big lose in trade value wise. Overall I'm hoping with the lack of attention towards current gen Madden D will signal the EA put a lot more focus on next gen Madden D and the game overall. While I know it ain't fair to people who will stick with current gen for a while. I feel a lot of the focus has gone into next gen instead. I'm holding my breath at this point and hoping it turns out to be true.

# 4 Jasong7777 @ 08/22/13 11:39 AM
I think a lot of folks waiting on next gen Madden are going to be disappointed when they discover it's the same game but with prettier graphics and a few extra bells and whistles.

# 5 jmurphy31 @ 08/22/13 11:43 AM
Great reviews and perspectives from the round table.

# 6 Gorilla Glass @ 08/22/13 11:50 AM
Although I like the Demo, I reall don't feel that EA is listening to the fans of the series.

I think they have a game-plan. Whether its good or bad, they seem hell bent on sticking to it.

# 7 Gorilla Glass @ 08/22/13 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpterp22
The review was off the demo.. I would slow down a bit because if this were a review off of main game then i'd worry..

I actually like the demo and haven't liked this game in 5 years.. With PS4 coming out. Maybe knowing that gives me a reason to say this game is what it is.
True, but if EA was to work on zone and pass rush, it will change most players tune a little bit.

I just don't won't zone to be OP as we witnessed in years past. Where guys would sit in CV3 and toggle up 'pass commit' all game.

# 8 friscob @ 08/22/13 12:42 PM
Zone D was just as bad if not worse in NCAA. Running game was way too easy in NCAA and the read option, triple option, etc were all incredibly overpowered. I'm actually able to have competitive games in the Madden Demo and couldn't really do that in NCAA even when my teams are 10-15 points rated less than my opponent. I get all the anti-madden sentiment tho. I'm just excited to have some of the franchise mode stuff i missed return.

Edit: Also very excited to finally see some fumbles in a football game. Was averaging 3 fumbles per year in my 4 years of dynasty mode in NCAA.

# 9 DeuceDouglas @ 08/22/13 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
Zone D was just as bad if not worse in NCAA. Running game was way too easy in NCAA and the read option, triple option, etc were all incredibly overpowered. I'm actually able to have competitive games in the Madden Demo and couldn't really do that in NCAA even when my teams are 10-15 points rated less than my opponent. I get all the anti-madden sentiment tho. I'm just excited to have some of the franchise mode stuff i missed return.

Edit: Also very excited to finally see some fumbles in a football game. Was averaging 3 fumbles per year in my 4 years of dynasty mode in NCAA.
I agree. In the NCAA Demo the read option was ridiculous. Wrong read, no gain. Right read, 20+ yards. I was really worried about how Madden would end up and have been pleasantly surprised that even when making the right read doesn't mean a huge play or even a gain. Early on in the Demo I did have major issues concerning the pass coverage but after tinkering with the sliders just a little bit I've had far less issues.

# 10 DBMcGee3 @ 08/22/13 01:13 PM
I had fun playing the demo, but it's hard to say if that's more a compliment to the game, or just that nostalgic feeling you get seeing an old, familiar friend for the first time in awhile. Without a doubt, the D-Line play and Zone coverages are still pretty bad. The running game is more fun with all the new moves, but it just magnifies an already offense-heavy game. I always get impulsive this time every year and buy the game just to have it, but currently my gut is telling me to pass, and maybe rent it a few Sundays when I'm in the mood. It's just hard to justify another $60 going to a company who clearly doesn't put in the same kind of effort that other developers are putting into their games on a yearly basis.

# 11 friscob @ 08/22/13 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
It's just hard to justify another $60 going to a company who clearly doesn't put in the same kind of effort that other developers are putting into their games on a yearly basis.
I'm getting the game but this part I agree with. You play a game like Far Cry 3, The Last of Us, or GTA V and you can see all the work they put into these games. EA really needs a competitor

# 12 roadman @ 08/22/13 01:27 PM
Quote:
I'm getting the game but this part I agree with. You play a game like Far Cry 3, The Last of Us, or GTA V and you can see all the work they put into these games. EA really needs a competitor
I don't know about The Last of Us, but the other 2 you mentioned aren't yearly games. I thinkg the poster you are quoting is talking about The Show, NBA 2k and FIFA, which are yearly sports games.

# 13 Gosens6 @ 08/22/13 01:29 PM
Wow, i'm shocked. I'm actually enjoying the game more than ever this gen, and for the first time since Madden 06 on the PS2. Iv'e noticed a lot of the OS regulars here sharing the same sentiments I am.

I just don't see how anyone, even the guys who regularly write reviews for OS can review past Madden games this gen, give them scores of 7 and above, and then crap all over this? It seems incredibly backwards to me, but hey, to each their own.

# 14 friscob @ 08/22/13 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't know about The Last of Us, but the other 2 you mentioned aren't yearly games. I thinkg the poster you are quoting is talking about The Show, NBA 2k and FIFA, which are yearly sports games.
I took it as a general comment about all video games costing the same amount yet some developers put in more work than others. Either way, if that's the case EA should either charge less than $60 each year or just not release a new game every year if they can only produce minor changes. A $30 dlc between releases with updated rosters and minor upgrades would suffice

# 15 glitch3d @ 08/22/13 01:35 PM
The game is not bad on All-Madden at least. The CPU can run on you finally. Quite effectively I might add. I can get sacks and such but I find pressure better when I'm not controlling a DLineman. I guess blocking out the QB's receiver helps buy time for all the finesse/power moves.

As long as Jarrodd makes sliders, game will be a lot of fun at least.

# 16 roadman @ 08/22/13 02:06 PM
Quote:
I took it as a general comment about all video games costing the same amount yet some developers put in more work than others. Either way, if that's the case EA should either charge less than $60 each year or just not release a new game every year if they can only produce minor changes. A $30 dlc between releases with updated rosters and minor upgrades would suffice
For the consumer, agree, but updated roster and minor upgrades won't cut it with the NFL liscense. And we know no gaming company will charge less than the going rate, crap or not.

# 17 Gosens6 @ 08/22/13 02:12 PM
So, an OS review gave Madden 07 and 08 a score of 7, and then 09 a score of 8.5

Judged by this OS demo roundtable, they don't think very highly of Madden 25, so much so that a lot of people here think it will get a poor score when the retail version gets reviewed.

Okay, so are you telling me that Madden 07, 08 and 09 for this current gen of consoles is better than Madden 25? Hell, i'd rather play the Madden 25 demo than to play any of those games, even if someone paid me. By this logic, Madden 25 will have to score below a 7. A 6 is very possible, but I doubt it.

So will Madden 25 score a 6 or below? Because there is no way in hell that 07, 08 or 09 are even anywhere CLOSE to being as good as the reviewers at OS rated them.

# 18 roadman @ 08/22/13 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
So, an OS review gave Madden 07 and 08 a score of 7, and then 09 a score of 8.5

Judged by this OS demo roundtable, they don't think very highly of Madden 25, so much so that a lot of people here think it will get a poor score when the retail version gets reviewed.

Okay, so are you telling me that Madden 07, 08 and 09 for this current gen of consoles is better than Madden 25? Hell, i'd rather play the Madden 25 demo than to play any of those games, even if someone paid me. By this logic, Madden 25 will have to score below a 7. A 6 is very possible, but I doubt it.

So will Madden 25 score a 6 or below? Because there is no way in hell that 07, 08 or 09 are even anywhere CLOSE to being as good as the reviewers at OS rated them.
I don't think the round table reviewers messed around with sliders, speculating it was plug and play out of the box.

On default sliders, this game isn't very good, but with good slider adjustments, my opinion, it plays a good game.

# 19 Gosens6 @ 08/22/13 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't think the round table reviewers messed around with sliders, speculating it was plug and play out of the box.

On default sliders, this game isn't very good, but with good slider adjustments, my opinion, it plays a good game.
Very true, iv'e been using your sliders for the demo and iv'e been getting very good games.

But, at the same time i'm sure when they reviewed 07,08 and 09 they didn't do it with sliders either. I want to know how they can justify giving those abominations scores of 7 and 8.5, then trash this game? I mean hell, Madden 06 got a 5, and we got guys in here saying Madden 25 should get a 6. You're telling me that this game is one point better than Madden 06? I don't think so.

It just doesn't seem logical to me. Maybe i'm looking too much into it, but I can't wrap my brain around the facts.

# 20 tril @ 08/22/13 02:43 PM
I was trying to force myself to like Madden25. These reviews of the demo reaffirms everything I was seeing and feeling about Madden.
Hopefully, I will not cave in and buy Madden25. I liked 12 and 13, but 25 is a step backwards. I will be waiting for the XBOX1 release date, so I can buy a discounted 360, so I can get my fix of a modded NFL football game.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.