Home
NHL 14 News Post

It’s the 38th Episode of the Press Row Podcast, a one-on-many developer interview with key members of the NHL 14 development team. Host Rich Grisham (@richgrisham) discusses the transition from last year’s game to this one, the key aspects of the just-released demo, and a deep dive into the on-ice improvements we can expect from this year’s hockey title. As always, a few listener questions are sprinkled in throughout.

Don’t miss Part 2 of the interview coming up on September 10th, the day that NHL 14 hits stores.

Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:

1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at [email protected]
3) Respond to this post

Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!

Enjoy the show!

Run Time: 45 Minutes

If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.

Game: NHL 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
NHL 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jonapaloma @ 08/22/13 01:23 PM
Yes, I am very negative now but ny first thought is who bribed the host in the podcast to say those things in the beginning of the broadcast.

Yeeez! Grrr.

# 2 richgrisham @ 08/22/13 03:40 PM
Easy, now. If you've ever listened to the show in its year of existence, you would know that I love the NHL series. Last year, NHL 13 was my SGOTY, and it narrowly missed being the entire panel's SGOTY.

I am up front with how much I play NHL and how much I respect the team that makes it. For me to say otherwise when I talk to them would be disingenuous.

# 3 Fiddy @ 08/22/13 04:53 PM
would have loved to have know why the dev team didnt make a website like NCAA/Madden to go along with the GM Connected Mode.

# 4 TDKing @ 08/22/13 05:38 PM
Rich,for the next podcast can you ask why they won't add the option to have shorter seasons in gm connected? Thanks.

# 5 richgrisham @ 08/22/13 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Rich,for the next podcast can you ask why they won't add the option to have shorter seasons in gm connected? Thanks.
Thanks for the question, TD; unfortunately we've already recorded the next session but I will pose that question to the team and let you know.

Be sure to follow the show's Twitter account (@pressrowpodcast), because whenever I know we've got an interview coming up I always ask for listener questions.

They're usually much better than my own!

# 6 TDKing @ 08/22/13 05:54 PM
Now following....thanks!

# 7 sweetjones @ 08/22/13 08:40 PM
Great question on having worries about fans feeling like there's no real change to the game since the Presentation and commentary has been the same for years. Unfortunately, they skated around that question without really answering it. No pun intended.

# 8 Moose Factory @ 08/22/13 08:45 PM
Hey Rich, not sure if this question was covered or not but I was hoping GameFace would have made it into this years game. But from the Live the Life trailer it didn't look like it. Was that talked about in the next podcast that has already been recorded? Thanks.

# 9 richgrisham @ 08/23/13 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Factory
Hey Rich, not sure if this question was covered or not but I was hoping GameFace would have made it into this years game. But from the Live the Life trailer it didn't look like it. Was that talked about in the next podcast that has already been recorded? Thanks.
I didn't ask, unfortunately - didn't think to. I will reach out to the team and see if that is an option. Thanks!

# 10 13whitebread @ 08/24/13 10:03 PM
I love the NHL series also and for a time the commentary was best in sports it just that now it has wiskers on it. Why then have they not updated the commentary team and not much in presentation aspects the last few years? Obvisously it too late for this console generation I was just wondering thier reasoning.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.