Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Ronnie just posted an NBA 2K14 video (via Instagram), featuring Kobe Bryant with a fake pass, step back shot. A new trailer should be coming this week as well.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 KyotoCarl @ 08/26/13 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
The intro for 2K13 was amazing. The game didn't look as good as the intro, though. Hell, the pre-game intros weren't HALF as good as the main intro
It's a very marginal difference, if there is one.

Sent using Tap a Talk

# 22 thedream2k13 @ 08/26/13 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I hope Kobe's jumper ain't as stiff as it is in 2K13. I had very little fun using Kobe on 2K13 because of it. Didn't think his post fadeaways looked that good either.

Don't know about that animation. We're missing some frames.

e/ Not missing frames actually. Is it something that's done manually?
his jumper is more " button tap" in 2k13

# 23 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/26/13 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
It's a very marginal difference, if there is one.
Between the intro and the game, or the intro and the pre-game intros?

Because the pre-game intros were really kinda bleh.

# 24 KyotoCarl @ 08/26/13 10:09 PM
Quote:
Between the intro and the game, or the intro and the pre-game intros?

Because the pre-game intros were really kinda bleh.
The intro and pre game, but thats not strange.

Sent using Tap a Talk

# 25 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/26/13 10:16 PM
A very marginal difference? The animations in the pre-game intros were needlessly slow and looked less polished visually.

# 26 KyotoCarl @ 08/26/13 10:24 PM
Quote:
A very marginal difference? The animations in the pre-game intros were needlessly slow and looked less polished visually.
The slow motion was an effect and was made to represent replayed highlights.
Reason they weren't that polished was because they were generated on the fly with the in game engine.

Sent using Tap a Talk

# 27 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/26/13 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
The slow motion was an effect and was made to represent replayed highlights.
Reason they weren't that polished was because they were generated on the fly with the in game engine.
Pre-game highlights in real life aren't done in slow-motion like that for the most part. Like I said in the wishlist topic:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=945

# 28 KyotoCarl @ 08/26/13 10:44 PM
Quote:
Pre-game highlights in real life aren't done in slow-motion like that for the most part. Like I said in the wishlist topic:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=945
Oh I'm not saying they could be better, just saying I understand what they were doing.

Sent using Tap a Talk

# 29 UnbelievablyRAW @ 08/26/13 10:49 PM
So what year are they gonna fix Bledsoe's skin colour?

# 30 KyotoCarl @ 08/26/13 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
So what year are they gonna fix Bledsoe's skin colour?
They can't, it's copyrighted.

Sent using Tap a Talk

# 31 svit @ 08/27/13 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuzz5
Didnt like the way bledsoe just walked in front of kobe while he was defending him
Spot on. I didn't like it either. It shows me, that CPU will determine how the defender react to fakes and dribbles. It's just like in 2k13 when opponent do a hesitation move with then crossover and your players reacts even if you dont move him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beiLHyRvlrE

Also... i hope this will be removed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDkeFMMpzIU

# 32 tmoney2345 @ 08/27/13 02:39 AM
Cool clip but no one even mentioned anything bout those new Phoenix Suns jerseys I believe.

# 33 Sundown @ 08/27/13 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Ronnie just posted an NBA 2K14 video (via Instagram), featuring Kobe Bryant with a fake pass, step back shot. A new trailer should be coming this week as well.

That fake pass fooled no one.

# 34 PJBrownHeat @ 08/27/13 04:34 AM
the new jerseys of phoenix could be a good representation of the 93 suns jerseys if they are not in classic team. what do you think?

+ i don't know where you see a fake pass lol

# 35 Gramps91 @ 08/27/13 08:11 AM
looks pretty smooth. Nice video.

# 36 KyotoCarl @ 08/27/13 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
Now if EA released this video, people would be complaining.

Honestly, it looks exactly the same. All the improvements will more than likely be imaginary, like remember how reviews for 2k13 said, "The real time physics is amazing!" And then it didn't exist.

Lebron mode and Euro teams just another gimmick to try and sell games on platfor that has reached its ceiling.

I'm waiting to see what Next-Gen has to offer, but since it is all about the money, they won't show anythign until well after the current-gen is released.
Definetly not. If EA was coming out for current gen and it looked like this people would be happy. Seeing how Live 13 and Elite looked and then suddenly it looked like this, people would be extatic.

# 37 LouAllDay @ 08/27/13 10:21 AM
I have the feeling that they put all their efforts into the next gen version, and came up with a 2k13 2.0 on current gen. All the big announcements are actually minor changes, even crew is something they put back in, not something really new.
The Kobe vid was nice, but feels like deja vu. I'm really waiting for some next gen action.

# 38 Goffs @ 08/27/13 10:38 AM
jeez you next gen people need to relax and stop cluttering the thread....the news for next gen will be released once they release the current one...

It still baffles me that people react to the graphics like its going to make a huge leap from last year. I would react that way if the next gen looked like 2k13 but not at the current gen. I mean that's just common sense....

# 39 mango_prom @ 08/27/13 11:23 AM
The Kobe animation itself looks great. But another question is if the defender is somehow forced to react in a certain way if controlled by a human or not. Notice how Bledsoe is walking towards Kobe leaving his defensive stance after the pass fake. Makes no sense whatsoever, and the stepback jumpshot would hardly be possible if Bledsoe stayed in a defensive position with his hands up contesting the shot. Hopefully there are no scripted reactions to certain offensive moves like we had in 2k13 triggered by the ankle breaker sig skill.

The best approach to me would be that defenders will react to the pass fake according to odds determined by defensive awareness, on ball defense and maybe tendencies like play passing lanes. But it definetely should be possible to simply not react at all in user vs. user, and the CPU should stay in defensive stance no matter which offensive animation is triggered.

# 40 shegotgame @ 08/27/13 06:45 PM
I cannot spot the fake pass. I also was never that good at Where's Waldo.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.