Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

November 15 can’t get here soon enough. Next-gen NBA 2K14 is one of the most highly-anticipated games I’ve ever been dying to get my hands on. But technically October 1 is our first taste of 2K14, and we just got a new current-gen trailer to show you. Let’s check out the new trailer together for the first time.

00:13 – I promise (to win not one, not two, not three…).
00:15 – Welcome back, King.
00:21 – Enter the NBA2K14 official logo followed by LeBron breaking away from the Clippers and enjoying one of his signature slams. Looks a tad bit smoother than NBA2K13. Nice flick of the wrist when he puts it down.
00:23 – And now LeBron is celebrating in front of Russell Westbrook. Welcome back from your injury, Russell!
00:24 – And who is the next player showcased in the trailer?! Terrance Ross from the Toronto Raptors! Yes, the 2013 NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion rightfully deserves the showcase before the likes of Durant, Kobe, Dwight or James Harden.
00:26 – Oh, there you are Mr. Harden. Nice, quick pull-up jumper over Iman Shumpert as the shot clock expires. Followed by his signature three-ball celebration. I spot a certain cry baby center in the background…
00:30 – Nice! Rondo looks absolutely awesome in this shot. So does Brad Stevens. I can’t tell who’s more excited – and enter KELLY OLYNYK and his awkward-awesome-gazelle looking self. I’m more excited. Did I mention Westbrook is getting beat in this shot, too? Zombies getting some hate.
00:35 – So that’s why the Bobcats are paying him $41 million over the next three years.
00:36 – Rubio is back! That was a heckuva pass to Budinger in the corner. Now rewind, set in slow motion, and watch at Rubio’s eyes. He’s actually looking at Budinger before he passes it, even with all of his momentum moving forward. HE’S LOOKING AT HIM.
00:38 – Awesome dunk, but that doesn’t really look much like Blake Griffin. Nice to see a Valanciunas model, though.
00:40 – Ladies and gentleman, your new-look Nets. And another OLYNYK SIGHTING!
00:46 – It only took half the trailer, but here’s your first look at Dwight in Houston. Pau is attempting to block the dunk crazy late.
00:52 – And here we have Ken Bazemore with some sick sideline celebrations after an Iguodala dunk. I’m diggin’ it.
00:53 – Look at the new Piston Josh Smith fly! Very nice block on Granger. Very nice.
00:57 – Another nice block. This time, Howard on top of Curry.
01:00 – Jerryd Bayless makes a nice diving save to keep possession, even shows a close-up. Then of course the ref makes the wrong call, leaving Bayless vividly upset. Nice touch.
01:05 – Welcome to the NBA, Anthony Bennett. He’s showing off some damn good ball handling skills.
01:09 – Is it just me, or does the entire Cavs team quit pursuing Lee before he actually dunks the ball?
01:11 – OLYNYK!
01:13 – OK, now that looks a lot more like Griffin.
01:14 – And as in real life, it took way too long for Derrick Rose to show up. Can’t wait to see him finally play ball.
01:18 – Kobe with a sick fadeaway over Eric Bledsoe in the new Phoenix jerseys. The jerseys may not look like much, but the back sides in the trailed look pretty cool to me.
01:26 – C’mon, that almost looks real.
01:30 – Hell yeah.

We have also uploaded 92 screens from the trailer which you can view here.

NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 MarvinOida @ 08/28/13 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
Wow. Can't believe how many people are writing the game off before playing even a second gameplay for themselves. I didn't know the graphics were that big of an issue. I didn't really hear anybody complaining about "how bad 2k13 looked" since it's release. Lol It's the last year of current gen before next gen comes out...what did you guys expect anyway? They've milked the console's performance I'm sure. I'll just wait to see how it plays. The graphics were a non-issue for me.
We aren't writing off the gameplay, I think we all can agree on gameplay is #1 and what looks like to be a big selling point, which I'm SUPER happy with.

But, I feel I'm entitled to want to see them at least DARKEN some jerseys, and replace some Accessory colors.

I had this argument around the same time last year, with people agreeing with me.

What I said was, this is a NBA-sim game, not only should the game try to play out like a real NBA game, I also believe it should LOOK like a NBA game. And with SOME teams they don't look like their real-life counter parts.

And why are people bringing up the "its the last AAA NBA 2K for this gen, they're not gonna overhaul the graphics," of course they're not gonna overhaul it, Im not expecting ENB globals, with HD Crowds, Logos, shoes. But I'm expecting them to at LEAST address some of the jerseys and colors.

I mean look at the Knicks, they are horribly too light, and it literally hurts my eyes for some reason when I see those light blue jerseys. I'm just asking for them to go in to photoshop, adjust the IFF file, use Color Replacement/Brightness control, and adjust it to what we see in Games, not really the style guide, but on TV broadcast. Then after putting that together, change the Team Color of Blue from that ugly light color to the blue used for the 1971-72 New York Knicks.

I'm not asking for Next Gen, Im asking for adjustments.

Tap Tap Tapatalking away from my iPhone

# 102 TalenT @ 08/28/13 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
We aren't writing off the gameplay, I think we all can agree on gameplay is #1 and what looks like to be a big selling point, which I'm SUPER happy with.

But, I feel I'm entitled to want to see them at least DARKEN some jerseys, and replace some Accessory colors.

I had this argument around the same time last year, with people agreeing with me.

What I said was, this is a NBA-sim game, not only should the game try to play out like a real NBA game, I also believe it should LOOK like a NBA game. And with SOME teams they don't look like their real-life counter parts.

And why are people bringing up the "its the last AAA NBA 2K for this gen, they're not gonna overhaul the graphics," of course they're not gonna overhaul it, Im not expecting ENB globals, with HD Crowds, Logos, shoes. But I'm expecting them to at LEAST address some of the jerseys and colors.

I mean look at the Knicks, they are horribly too light, and it literally hurts my eyes for some reason when I see those light blue jerseys. I'm just asking for them to go in to photoshop, adjust the IFF file, use Color Replacement/Brightness control, and adjust it to what we see in Games, not really the style guide, but on TV broadcast. Then after putting that together, change the Team Color of Blue from that ugly light color to the blue used for the 1971-72 New York Knicks.

I'm not asking for Next Gen, Im asking for adjustments.

My comment wasn't directed toward you fam or anybody with an issue with the "off colors" of the jerseys. I have no issue with that argument. I was more referring to the guys indicating they were passing up on the game because it looks like 2K13. I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion bro. I'm not trying to offend anybody. My apologies.

# 103 Phreezy P @ 08/28/13 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Too bad he still looks 40 pounds heavier than he should. As do all the players. Thick builds, waaaay too thick of calves.

This is such an easy fix it isn't even funny. Sure hope they've improved on the next-gen version. SMH
The fix is tighter jerseys.

# 104 MarvinOida @ 08/28/13 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
My comment wasn't directed toward you fam or anybody with an issue with the "off colors" of the jerseys. I have no issue with that argument. I was more referring to the guys indicating they were passing up on the game because it looks like 2K13. I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion bro. I'm not trying to offend anybody. My apologies.
Its fine, I would be ruffled too if people are passing the game now without mentioning the demo just cause the game looking the same. I'm excited for 2K14, I'm just hoping my arguments are read by 2K devs and they just fine tune some jerseys/faces to make the game better, I mean, that's how we got 5 v 5 Crew.

# 105 Shadojoker @ 08/28/13 07:02 PM
What I meant is even since this is current gen..you can still present it differently than before!! Same game but different presentation. Like what EA sports did with Live 95 from NBA Showdown..same game almost but they switched it up visually. Not necessarily controls ..I EXPECT this to be an upgrade version.. I read the Development video..its hard to improve from one year to the next. All I'm saying a tweak here and there would have separated this trailer from last year's trailer..which was Mind blowing! Made me forget there was a 2j12.

# 106 512fm @ 08/28/13 07:09 PM
I know its a really small thing to be complaining about but why is it they still can't get accessories right? I know I can download a roster from 2k share or whatever, but playing online it just looks awful. You would think 2k would want the game looking as realistic as possible but I guess not. I thought they had changed them when I saw the screenshots of LeBron in the white accessories. Other than that I guess its not too bad, not really much new but can't really complain about that given next-gen will be the priority.

# 107 24ct @ 08/28/13 07:34 PM
LOL. Had to log back in. It's so funny how people WATCH this HIGHLIGHT REEL video to PROMO the game and they complain about 'gameplay'...

This isn't a gameplay video. It's a highlight video made from in game clips. You're not and will never be able to tell how a game plays until you play it...I mean call me crazy, but I thought that's how you judge gameplay...by playing it.

Either way. I've been playing 2k since Dreamcast. 2k plays different EVERY YEAR. They don't always make the best improvements year to year. But it's ALWAYS more polished. No way anybody will go play 2k12 from 2k13 unless they're just trying to prove a point. Boot up an old 2k and it feels stale. Not just the look. The feel of the game has changed every year. That's undeniable. Some may prefer an old version. But the prefer it because of FEEL. I rest my case.

# 108 cmebfresh @ 08/28/13 07:46 PM
It looks like 2k probably focus more on the new gen.... Since this looks like k13 I think I'll buy this on ps4

# 109 Boomdox @ 08/28/13 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Flat-top!

YES, THE FLAT TOP IS IN, FINALLY.

# 110 shegotgame @ 08/28/13 08:24 PM
I DO hate LeBron. Great choice of music for the trailer. I see the BK Nets all over it too.

*I don't hate him. I don't know him. He bugs me a bit though.

# 111 MrBigShot1 @ 08/28/13 08:25 PM
Solid trailer. There were some nice animations in it for sure. I think the small taste of next gen graphics is leaving many of us though, including myself, wanting to take the next step. I'm hyped for next gen. I might give current gen a rental.

# 112 jersez @ 08/28/13 08:44 PM
Graphics really don't bother me, as I have a PC and patches will clear every little detail up. All I want to know is why was Dwight howard able to keep up with Stephen Curry on the Fastbreak?

Contact Dunks looked good and not overdone, Don't know if they're blockable, the post move by Jefferson was really smooth and realistic, Passing looks incredible and I liked how Rondo beat Deron to the spot and he didn't run through rondo, and rondo even knocked the ball loose.

I know once developer insights and even some gameplay between ronnie and LD2k will hype me up. We still don't know a lot about the game it feels like but I'm still excited for the game.

# 113 RocketTMac1 @ 08/28/13 08:52 PM
I honestly can't get excited over the current gen 2K14. Next Gen has my complete interest.

# 114 kevmasood @ 08/28/13 08:57 PM
The current gen, is at the end of the road, yea it seems to look the same, as 2k13 , so wat, i cant believe all the ppl, that complain about, right color, socks, little things, it puzzles me, but everybody has a rite to how they feel, im not knocking that, but for me i dont care how they look, wat they wearing, i care about GAMEPLAY, real simple

# 115 jersez @ 08/28/13 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke_21
It seems as though sports-game developers took a year off with the new hardware coming out. I have a feeling it might take until next year to notice a leap in graphics with sports games. It might be time to dump the PS3 or focus on other games such as GTA V. This might be the worst year for sports videogames in a long time.
We're all entitled to our opinion's but I have to disagree with yours. 2k has fixed a lot of issues from previous titles. Passing, A.i, Rebounding, Contact, and many more that aren't even revealed to us.

To everyone in general. I just find it funny how when a game graphically hasn't change most of you equate that to the game being the same despite the numerous improvements that are evident in gameplay videos. I thought we were a sim community and really care if a game is a "true sim" or not.

I mean most of us sat here all year complaining about the major issues with 13, and asking the devs to fix them for 14. They've done that and now the issue is the lack of graphical improvements. We can't turn into a forum that just loves to complain, then this forum loses credibility in my eyes and then we can't give any feedback to devs directly or indirectly with LD2k being present on here.

And if you love graphics and want 2k to fix that department, say so without calling them Lazy. There is nothing wrong with liking graphics hell we all do, that's why most of us are buying Next Gen without knowing or seeing any gameplay from that version. But once you call them lazy, you've crossed the bridge of ignorance.

# 116 MarvinOida @ 08/28/13 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
We're all entitled to our opinion's but I have to disagree with yours. 2k has fixed a lot of issues from previous titles. Passing, A.i, Rebounding, Contact, and many more that aren't even revealed to us.

To everyone in general. I just find it funny how when a game graphically hasn't change most of you equate that to the game being the same despite the numerous improvements that are evident in gameplay videos. I thought we were a sim community and really care if a game is a "true sim" or not.

I mean most of us sat here all year complaining about the major issues with 13, and asking the devs to fix them for 14. They've done that and now the issue is the lack of graphical improvements. We can't turn into a forum that just loves to complain, then this forum loses credibility in my eyes and then we can't give any feedback to devs directly or indirectly with LD2k being present on here.

And if you love graphics and want 2k to fix that department, say so without calling them Lazy. There is nothing wrong with liking graphics hell we all do, that's why most of us are buying Next Gen without knowing or seeing any gameplay from that version. But once you call them lazy, you've crossed the bridge of ignorance.
Agreed, I feel that we have a good chance that this game follows what was wanted in gameplay. And that was seen as the focus, which will make us happy.

Art is the EASIEST thing the thing to fix, I don't get why people are passing this game and callin them lazy. I mean, its not hard for 2K to do that, but if they don't fix it and the gameplay is the most solid thing for everyone, its justified why they didn't focus on art

# 117 CaCHooKa Man @ 08/28/13 09:17 PM
as a collector of kobes sneakers, the colors on the kobe 8s in the video bother me. hopefully theyre correct in the next gen version since im getting it for the xbox one and skipping the 360 version.

# 118 MarvinOida @ 08/28/13 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man
as a collector of kobes sneakers, the colors on the kobe 8s in the video bother me. hopefully theyre correct in the next gen version since im getting it for the xbox one and skipping the 360 version.
It looks fine, it looks like they actually made it COMPATIBLE with team colors. And you still have the shoe editor.

# 119 thedream2k13 @ 08/28/13 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man
stop making kobe richer

# 120 d23x @ 08/28/13 09:41 PM
Looks like the peak shoes are in, still next gen has my full attention.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.