Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

November 15 can’t get here soon enough. Next-gen NBA 2K14 is one of the most highly-anticipated games I’ve ever been dying to get my hands on. But technically October 1 is our first taste of 2K14, and we just got a new current-gen trailer to show you. Let’s check out the new trailer together for the first time.

00:13 – I promise (to win not one, not two, not three…).
00:15 – Welcome back, King.
00:21 – Enter the NBA2K14 official logo followed by LeBron breaking away from the Clippers and enjoying one of his signature slams. Looks a tad bit smoother than NBA2K13. Nice flick of the wrist when he puts it down.
00:23 – And now LeBron is celebrating in front of Russell Westbrook. Welcome back from your injury, Russell!
00:24 – And who is the next player showcased in the trailer?! Terrance Ross from the Toronto Raptors! Yes, the 2013 NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion rightfully deserves the showcase before the likes of Durant, Kobe, Dwight or James Harden.
00:26 – Oh, there you are Mr. Harden. Nice, quick pull-up jumper over Iman Shumpert as the shot clock expires. Followed by his signature three-ball celebration. I spot a certain cry baby center in the background…
00:30 – Nice! Rondo looks absolutely awesome in this shot. So does Brad Stevens. I can’t tell who’s more excited – and enter KELLY OLYNYK and his awkward-awesome-gazelle looking self. I’m more excited. Did I mention Westbrook is getting beat in this shot, too? Zombies getting some hate.
00:35 – So that’s why the Bobcats are paying him $41 million over the next three years.
00:36 – Rubio is back! That was a heckuva pass to Budinger in the corner. Now rewind, set in slow motion, and watch at Rubio’s eyes. He’s actually looking at Budinger before he passes it, even with all of his momentum moving forward. HE’S LOOKING AT HIM.
00:38 – Awesome dunk, but that doesn’t really look much like Blake Griffin. Nice to see a Valanciunas model, though.
00:40 – Ladies and gentleman, your new-look Nets. And another OLYNYK SIGHTING!
00:46 – It only took half the trailer, but here’s your first look at Dwight in Houston. Pau is attempting to block the dunk crazy late.
00:52 – And here we have Ken Bazemore with some sick sideline celebrations after an Iguodala dunk. I’m diggin’ it.
00:53 – Look at the new Piston Josh Smith fly! Very nice block on Granger. Very nice.
00:57 – Another nice block. This time, Howard on top of Curry.
01:00 – Jerryd Bayless makes a nice diving save to keep possession, even shows a close-up. Then of course the ref makes the wrong call, leaving Bayless vividly upset. Nice touch.
01:05 – Welcome to the NBA, Anthony Bennett. He’s showing off some damn good ball handling skills.
01:09 – Is it just me, or does the entire Cavs team quit pursuing Lee before he actually dunks the ball?
01:11 – OLYNYK!
01:13 – OK, now that looks a lot more like Griffin.
01:14 – And as in real life, it took way too long for Derrick Rose to show up. Can’t wait to see him finally play ball.
01:18 – Kobe with a sick fadeaway over Eric Bledsoe in the new Phoenix jerseys. The jerseys may not look like much, but the back sides in the trailed look pretty cool to me.
01:26 – C’mon, that almost looks real.
01:30 – Hell yeah.

We have also uploaded 92 screens from the trailer which you can view here.

NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 juicey79 @ 08/28/13 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
ppl can say what they want..yes 2k did some improvements but it is still things that they didn't touch and if they did they just brought back the things that was in their past games already, added animations to try to cover the flaws in the game, added something that one company had in their past game again other then that no sign of improvement in the most important areas(certain areas in gameplay and game modes)this is why ppl are upset not just because the graphics doesnt look any better because the graphics is really shouldn't be shocker when you know next gen is right their ppl..with that being said if next gen doesn't have alot of improvements gameplay and game modes then alot of ppl is still going to be upset but they still going to buy the game anyways...which is why these developers don't stress out about these games like the comsumers..they gain more then we do(not saying 2k just developers as a owe)
Hello sir, please understand that developers, programs, leads, techs do not take consumers for granted.

They need this game to sell on current gen more than they need to sell on next gen. Remember, in any industry you want to do better in sales than pervious qtrs and ultimately year.

Next gen consoles will be limited so the money needs to come on this gen consoles. There a lot more current gen consoles in households across the world than next gen.
I think when new detailed starts rolling in people most of the folks complaining will find interest in the game and buy it.

2K has a good reputation for delivering a balance of fun and sim.

# 142 Goffs @ 08/28/13 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
amen! this is what i been saying and feeling for a while now...too much loyalty and blindness i guess smh
Loyalty blindness? Yeah no....each iteration of NBA2k has been significantly different. The graphics will most likely stay the same but playing the game through the years the gameplay changed a LOT.

The concerns we had last year with the no shot blocks has been addressed this year. The player spacing, the more contact in the paint and all this from the few vids that we've seen. I can already see the difference....but of course people see the graphics first then they just write the game off and cry about it.

I guess only the fans of the game can really tell the difference but to others we are just "blind." Whatever.......you guys think what you want but I can already tell from the clips that there are some changes that I wanted and I look forward to playing it.

# 143 Sundown @ 08/28/13 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
The trailer is really good if you add DeStorm's King Kong or James Harden's #1, Harden Soul. That song used, idk...
I actually just watched it with Harden Soul.

Amazing.

I love how it just happens to zoom into (Lebron) James's chest at the right time.

Edit:

WOW. King Kong really fits! Even beats his chest in the right place if you sync it!

# 144 ForeverVersatile @ 08/28/13 11:48 PM
I'm not going to lie, i also feel like this is NBA2K13.5 because all the things they are adding should've been in the game. Why would they not let people block shots or play solid defense? Some new pass animations and remapped controller config isn't worth $60.00 to me either. I'd being willing to pay $30.00-40.00 definitely not full price since next gen is around the corner. Why charge full price for something that out of date only to release a newer better version?

After all these years they can't even get the small things right like accessories and jersey colors. They bring back crew, but it's not really even crew. Not that i even would play crew, still not cool though. The game has ran it's course on current gen, but they still treat it like it's something groundbreaking and innovative.

No thanks 2K i'll wait for Next-Gen!!

# 145 KyotoCarl @ 08/28/13 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
I'm not going to lie, i also feel like this is NBA2K13.5 because all the things they are adding should've been in the game. Why would they not let people block shots or play solid defense? Some new pass animations and remapped controller config isn't worth $60.00 to me either. I'd being willing to pay $30.00-40.00 definitely not full price since next gen is around the corner. Why charge full price for something that out of date only to release a newer better version?

After all these years they can't even get the small things right like accessories and jersey colors. They bring back crew, but it's not really even crew. Not that i even would play crew, still not cool though. The game has ran it's course on current gen, but they still treat it like it's something groundbreaking and innovative.

No thanks 2K i'll wait for Next-Gen!!
These arguments were exactly the same, minus crew, for 2K12 and 2K13. Crew, we don't even know all the details about yet.

# 146 ccoaxum @ 08/29/13 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
I said the game was good? Really? Find the quote. I'll wait.
wasn't saying you in general saying..how is a person different if they say the game is good if they haven't played it either..is my point

# 147 ccoaxum @ 08/29/13 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey79
Hello sir, please understand that developers, programs, leads, techs do not take consumers for granted.

They need this game to sell on current gen more than they need to sell on next gen. Remember, in any industry you want to do better in sales than pervious qtrs and ultimately year.

Next gen consoles will be limited so the money needs to come on this gen consoles. There a lot more current gen consoles in households across the world than next gen.
I think when new detailed starts rolling in people most of the folks complaining will find interest in the game and buy it.

2K has a good reputation for delivering a balance of fun and sim.
if you say so..i mean it can't be that good if alot of ppl are looking for fixes in the game

# 148 ccoaxum @ 08/29/13 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Loyalty blindness? Yeah no....each iteration of NBA2k has been significantly different. The graphics will most likely stay the same but playing the game through the years the gameplay changed a LOT.

The concerns we had last year with the no shot blocks has been addressed this year. The player spacing, the more contact in the paint and all this from the few vids that we've seen. I can already see the difference....but of course people see the graphics first then they just write the game off and cry about it.

I guess only the fans of the game can really tell the difference but to others we are just "blind." Whatever.......you guys think what you want but I can already tell from the clips that there are some changes that I wanted and I look forward to playing it.
didnt say it wasnt changes...im saying its not enough or the right things to focus on right now compared to things ppl want but the things they did do is good..don't get me wrong

# 149 ForeverVersatile @ 08/29/13 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
These arguments were exactly the same, minus crew, for 2K12 and 2K13. Crew, we don't even know all the details about yet.
Not for me i was too big of a fan boy to see it at the time, but 2K13 really shines a light on 2K.

# 150 paul143 @ 08/29/13 12:16 AM
NBA 2K 13.5, OLD CYBERFACES FOR SOME PLAYERS, LIKE NASH, BLAKE GRIFFIN, STILL LOOKS LIKE A SCHOOL BOY, WRONG JERSEY COLORS, AND I DON'T THINK THE GAMEPLAY WILL IMPROVE MORE,. 2K JUST JUST KEEP RECYCLING THE GAME FOR CURRENT GEN.. IL RATHER PLAY NBA 2K13 USING CUSTOM ROSTER, WHILE WAITING FOR NEXT GEN PS4.. GTA V WILL KEEP ME BUSY WHILE WAITING FOR MY PS4.

# 151 MarvinOida @ 08/29/13 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I actually just watched it with Harden Soul.

Amazing.

I love how it just happens to zoom into (Lebron) James's chest at the right time.

Edit:

WOW. King Kong really fits! Even beats his chest in the right place if you sync it!
We need to have "NBA 2K14 Trailers with Random Songs Playing" videos.

This is an example of what we should do using King Kong. (Radioactive, Can't Hold Us, and N in Paris are also some good ideas I found while playing music over the trailer. But the trailer had to slow down a lil.)
Spoiler

# 152 KSOR24 @ 08/29/13 01:02 AM
Do you know what gameplay is? Lol you called it 2K13.5 because Nash and Griffin have the same cyberfaces from last year and the colors are still wrong. Wouldn't that have made 2K13 2K12.5? Or did Jay Z cancel that out? I remember people we're saying 2K12 was going to be 2K11.5 and it felt like a completely different game. Why not just wait to try it out yourself and then form an opinion?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

# 153 qquasimoto @ 08/29/13 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul143
NBA 2K 13.5, OLD CYBERFACES FOR SOME PLAYERS, LIKE NASH, BLAKE GRIFFIN, STILL LOOKS LIKE A SCHOOL BOY, WRONG JERSEY COLORS, AND I DON'T THINK THE GAMEPLAY WILL IMPROVE MORE,. 2K JUST JUST KEEP RECYCLING THE GAME FOR CURRENT GEN.. IL RATHER PLAY NBA 2K13 USING CUSTOM ROSTER, WHILE WAITING FOR NEXT GEN PS4.. GTA V WILL KEEP ME BUSY WHILE WAITING FOR MY PS4.
kinda wish they would address the little things. its the culmination of the little things that really make something stand out in the long run. i j wish they changed the lighting, just to keep things fresh.

im also hoping the menu design and stuff is less juvenile than 2k13; by far the worse menu layout i've ever seen in 2k (or any game for that matter). it was just too cluttered and messy. keep it clean this time!

imo PES2011 had the best sports game layout
http://soccerlens.com/games/files/2010/09/Pro_evolution_soccer_demo.jpg

# 154 thedream2k13 @ 08/29/13 01:17 AM
getting the next gen version but this isn tempting me also

# 155 shegotgame @ 08/29/13 01:43 AM
It got really weird in here...

# 156 Barbatrucco @ 08/29/13 02:17 AM
2K has only a way to try remedy, realease the demo as soon as possibile. Only with the demo in our hands we can really judge the game, but until the demo I preorder nothing. Last year, when i see the 2K13 trailer, i preorder immediately the game, but this year no. I want feel the game in my hands and then make the decision.

# 157 psyberkayos @ 08/29/13 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadlowe
Some of the fancy pass animations were in the game already. I believe you can choose to do a flashy pass in 2k14, as in LT+pass performs a no-look pass.

If I was designing the game, I would make that pass less likely to be stolen, but more likely to be bobbled by your teammate. Who knows how they will implement it, though.

Ohh I see. does that mean bounce passes will still be in? Anyone know?

# 158 PJBrownHeat @ 08/29/13 05:13 AM
For my part i saw a beautiful moov of monta ellis used by john starks and vince carter when he was in his first years (a 360 lay up i don't know how do you tell it in english).
harden at the end make a good lay up made by jordan in all star game 1992 against robinson. This lay up was not in 2k13 i think.
So 2 lay up for me that speak about improvment for classic team and maybe classic toronto.

For Leonard, he is known to be acrobat but in the trailer he is more a magicien lol i don't think he has ever done it in real life so the reprensentation is just bad or for young people.

Blocks, dunks and lay up are beautiful and maybe new but it is sure it is a showtime trailer and even a flashy post don't make me more happy.

As we say in france Wait and see.

# 159 Sundown @ 08/29/13 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
We need to have "NBA 2K14 Trailers with Random Songs Playing" videos.

This is an example of what we should do using King Kong. (Radioactive, Can't Hold Us, and N in Paris are also some good ideas I found while playing music over the trailer. But the trailer had to slow down a lil.)
Spoiler
Nice work. I made my own version with timing tweaks too, and took the liberty to start up a 2K14 Trailer remix thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2045403768

What think?

# 160 spankdatazz22 @ 08/29/13 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
My guess is Mo did last years and did not do this years. Thus the drop in emotional connection. This years was good but really left me like. Ehh. LOL Mo could make a 2k11 video right now and I'd probably be more hyped than I am for 14 based on that trailer.
That's really interesting to know. Goes to show how talented Momentus is; hopefully he's gone on to bigger/better things. He has a great eye and mind for capturing nuance.

I agree the trailer didn't have the "gotta watch it 20times in a row" feeling of past trailers but was a lot to like from an improvement standpoint - I thought it was good and did what it was supposed to. The player interaction looked very crisp and smooth. The 2K13.5 comments don't surprise me as that occurs pretty much across the board with most sports games; it's unrealistic to expect a game to reinvent itself on a year to year basis. With the feature list that released a few weeks ago it seems the game will be a nice improvement over 2K13 imo

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.