Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Thanks to @DmanUnt2014 for the video footage and @IpodKingCarter for the images captured for details of the new NBA 2K14 Signature Skills listed below.

Chris Manning (@LD2K) also mentioned that the developers went in and tinkered with all of the original Signature Skills from last year, as they rebalanced and made sure they were more polished.

UPDATE: Just added all of the new NBA 2K14 Signature Skills screenshots, thanks to @LD2K.
  • LeBron Coast to Coast (Available for pre-orders)

Takes the ball coast to coast and finishes through contact. Speed, Quickness and Ball-Handling attributes are boosted 4 points and the shot penalty enforced for hitting a defender is decreased when taking the ball coast to coast on a fastbreak following a change of possession.

• One Man Fastbreak

A player known for his ability to take the ball coast to coast on a fastbreak. Speed, Quickness and Ball-Handling attributes are boosted 6 points if this player takes the ball from one end of the court to another on a fastbreak following a change of possession.

• Pick Dodger

A player that does not get caught up on screens very easily. He counters the Brick Wall Signature Skill, and when hitting a screen set by a regular player, the screen often fails to be effective.

• Tenacious Rebounder

This player is known for his relentlessness when going for rebounds. During rebound situations, he receives up to a 50% increase in winning boxout battles and poking balls loose on rebounds.

• Flashy Passer

This player is known for accurate flashy passes. When throwing a flashy pass, the penalty enforced will be reduced by up to 60%.

• Screen Outlet

A player who excels as the receiver in the pick & roll / pop game. If this player shoots immediately following a screen he set, he receives up to a 4 point boost to his shooting attribute.

• Pick & Roll Maestro

A ball-handler who excels at orchestrating the pick & roll. As the point man in a pick & roll, immediately following a screen this player receives a 3 point boost to his shooting attribute and is more accurate than most when passing to the screener.

NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 juicey79 @ 08/30/13 05:30 PM
Nice upload!

# 2 Phreezy P @ 08/30/13 05:33 PM
I hope the Lebron sig skill isn't cheesy. Hopefully it's only off of rebounds or steals.

# 3 Po0hd1n1 @ 08/30/13 05:36 PM
the bron sig skill seems cheesy(as expected it would be)

i see abuncha ppl turboing and dunking over 3 ppl

# 4 thedream2k13 @ 08/30/13 05:36 PM
Lin+ harden+ Howard + pick n roll sig skills=

# 5 jersez @ 08/30/13 05:42 PM
I'm trying to stay away from assuming but I just wasn't a fan of signature skills in 2k13, doesn't mean they can't work as intended in 2k14. But that tenacious rebounder signature skill is making me cringe after coming from 2k13 with the offensive rebounding issues.

Coast to Coast and the Lebron signature skill doesn't bother me because all you have to do is slow them down, and pick them up.

# 6 alabamarob @ 08/30/13 05:47 PM
I like them all in idea except the one man fastbreak and coast to coast. However, if its a stamina penalty or drain when triggered that would help. My question is when does the break technically end?

# 7 zimmtron @ 08/30/13 05:50 PM
Looks like they changed the name of Spot-Up Shooter to Catch & Shoot

# 8 Kurupt_XxX @ 08/30/13 05:55 PM
gonna be a lot of cheesing going on during online ranked matches and such, especially with lebron being unstoppable probably

# 9 LionsFanNJ @ 08/30/13 05:57 PM
I can see Faried having tenacious rebounder as he should. Kevin Love possibly as well

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

# 10 24 @ 08/30/13 05:59 PM
I'm iffy on signature skills. I thought some were implemented well last year but some were a bit too cheesy. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

# 11 TalenT @ 08/30/13 06:00 PM
I'm actually in favor of these Sig Skills. It's about making certain players play more like their real life counterparts right? At what point do we say it sounds like a cheesy Sig Skill BUT LeBron IS a one man fastbreak? I think as long as it's implemented well and as long as you have a counter (Like keeping The Heat out of transition) it'll be good for the game.

# 12 Optik @ 08/30/13 06:08 PM
I have no idea why there needs to be a one-man fastbreak sig skill. If you've got someone like Westbrook or Parker, who are the quintessential one-man fastbreaks, why would they need a sig skill for which they can do perfectly fine without it? They already have finisher/acrobat, so why do they need to be even more deadly? They're already quick. I don't see the point.

# 13 Da_Czar @ 08/30/13 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
I'm iffy on signature skills. I thought some were implemented well last year but some were a bit too cheesy. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Maybe we can get a thread up right after ship and point out which ones are too strong so they can address it in a patch.

# 14 K_Dub @ 08/30/13 06:13 PM
Maybe with this One Man Fastbreak skill we'll actually see 2k differentiate player speed and quickness instead of every star guard or forward having a 90+ rating in those areas.

# 15 Shadojoker @ 08/30/13 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Maybe we can get a thread up right after ship and point out which ones are too strong so they can address it in a patch.
Yea this would have to be polled too! Some skills may

# 16 MrBigShot1 @ 08/30/13 06:19 PM
Imagine adding One Man Fastbreak and Posterizer to LeBron, combined with his coast to coast sig skill.

# 17 Shadojoker @ 08/30/13 06:20 PM
Yea this would have to be polled too! Some skills may not be as cheesy depending on who you plays as or against..not to mention against CPU..We ALL know how the computer will own on the offensive rebound end and chasedown a pg with a sloth center! (Sry for double post..replying via cell)

# 18 thedream2k13 @ 08/30/13 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigShot1
Imagine adding One Man Fastbreak and Posterizer to LeBron, combined with his coast to coast sig skill.
good thing theres DEFENSE in the game this year.

# 19 Gramps91 @ 08/30/13 06:31 PM
I actually really liked Signiture Skills on 2k13 and most of these look like pretty great additions to me.

# 20 arimamba @ 08/30/13 06:32 PM
here is my problem with signature skills hope you understand because i know it will be confusing.

Well let start with someone with 99 layup rating.... that guy already can make tough layups and stuff, so why give him finisher? i mean why have finisher? you would think someone with 99 layup is an automatic finisher.... or are there guys with 99 layup that cant finish like this guy?

The same with shot creator, and posterizer.... there are already tendencies for that...

i just don understand this... i could understand acrobat and catch and shoot and almost all of them except those two...

see that is the part that doesn't make sense lol

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.