Home
News Post

Attention Tecmo Super Bowl fans! Our friends at Tecmobowl.org have released Tecmo Super Bowl 2014, complete with updated rosters, customizable playbooks and more. Download it now and let us know what you think!

If you are new to emulators or have no idea how to get the game running, make sure you read this.

Features:
  • 1 player, 2 players, Coach Mode or Com Simulation
  • Full 16-game season + playoffs
  • Competitive COM AI
  • Customizable playbooks
Updated from NES Features:
  • 32 teams
  • Adjustable quarter length
  • In-game playbook editing
  • Half-time stats
  • Enhanced passing accuracy and control
Successes:
  • 25,000 downloads - 2012
  • 45,000 downloads - 2013
  • 100,000+ downloads - Lifetime
Usable Platforms:
  • PC
  • Mac
  • Linux
  • OUYA
  • Android
  • iOS
  • Web via Flash
Download it here.

Member Comments
# 21 DrkMynd @ 09/06/13 01:42 AM
Should the screen flicker/flash alot? Also, it might just be me...but the Bengals are a pinkish/maroon color...not orange. And Chicago is Black and White instead of a Blue and White. Any ideas?

# 22 charter04 @ 09/06/13 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkMynd
Should the screen flicker/flash alot? Also, it might just be me...but the Bengals are a pinkish/maroon color...not orange. And Chicago is Black and White instead of a Blue and White. Any ideas?
That's called what NES games do. Lol as far as colors go its an 8 bit game. Come on man.

# 23 DrkMynd @ 09/06/13 05:39 AM
8 bit it is...but the colors could have been correct at least..lol. The NFL Logo in-game is pink and blue...and not red and blue as it should be. Cinci does not have the coloring of strawberry ice cream.

However, I went into the video settings and changed one color(which happened to be the color the NFL logo was set at...and changed it until red) Now Cinci is a proper Orange/Black scheme. Don't know why THAT fixed it...but it seems to have worked wonderfully.

Also....after I posted I had watched a TSB 13 video on youtube. It flickered too. Apologies for that...just never remembered all the flickering. Not an issue at all...my PC just has issues sometimes so was checking to be sure.

# 24 charter04 @ 09/06/13 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkMynd
8 bit it is...but the colors could have been correct at least..lol. The NFL Logo in-game is pink and blue...and not red and blue as it should be. Cinci does not have the coloring of strawberry ice cream.

However, I went into the video settings and changed one color(which happened to be the color the NFL logo was set at...and changed it until red) Now Cinci is a proper Orange/Black scheme. Don't know why THAT fixed it...but it seems to have worked wonderfully.

Also....after I posted I had watched a TSB 13 video on youtube. It flickered too. Apologies for that...just never remembered all the flickering. Not an issue at all...my PC just has issues sometimes so was checking to be sure.
The reason why the NFL logo is pink is because that's the way it was in the original 1991 version of TSB. It's wrong of course but, that's why we love the game. It's a free download. Someone did all that and it's free. Why complain? Do you really think they don't know colors?

# 25 MrMayface @ 09/06/13 09:22 AM
I've never downloaded a emulator to my phone before. I found a site that has one but when I click on it, it say that Safari can download the file. What do I need to do?

# 26 jyoung @ 09/06/13 12:56 PM
The pink colors and screen flicker are all true to the original game.

Keep in mind that the NES only had a palette of about 50 colors, and that most games were coded to only display one background color, four sets of three tile colors, and four sets of three sprite colors. Plus the entire game could only use 25 colors at maximum.

The primary tile sets in Tecmo Super Bowl are pink/white/blue and white/green/blue.

Pretty much every piece of art in the game aside from the player and team sprites plus a few cinematics are built using those two tile sets, which was done to free up as much color space as possible for the team and player sprites.

# 27 Brandwin @ 09/06/13 02:51 PM
What kind of PC do you need to run this? I would like to get it on my iPhone, but not sure if I want to jailbreak it.

# 28 davefmurray @ 09/09/13 11:33 AM
The NFL shield is as red as it can be.

# 29 davefmurray @ 09/09/13 11:35 AM
The Bengals are definitely orange.

# 30 Brandwin @ 09/14/13 09:28 AM
I can't get it to work. I must be missing a step or something.

# 31 mightyrx @ 09/17/13 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davefmurray
What?
Two color uniforms.
Vikings: Dark purple / Light Purple
Dolphins: White / Teal
Jaguars: Black / Aqua
Alternate jerseys are their throwbacks.

What do you think they should be?
Actually, the Jaguars are teal and the Dolphins are aqua.

And thank you Gents.
I was kind of getting saddened by the virtual football landscape.
This was the 1st season that I hadn't been excited about playing a football game.

# 32 MachoMyers @ 09/18/13 02:09 AM
Just found out about this. Don't have Madden 25 yet so going with this.

# 33 davefmurray @ 09/18/13 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I can't get it to work. I must be missing a step or something.
There are only four steps to get this working.

1) Download emulator
2) Download ROM
3) Launch emulator
4) File > Open ROM

# 34 Colts18 @ 10/06/13 02:52 PM
Dave, how do the simmed seasons play out? (standings/leaders etc...)

# 35 bnb @ 10/10/13 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
Dave, how do the simmed seasons play out? (standings/leaders etc...)
after one game, i'm going to assume the same as always. your ypc is always going to be off the charts, if a qb passes more than 20-25 times/game it's a miracle, etc.

the music always gets to me every time i fire it back up. the day this game came out on the nintendo still stands as the most i've ever wanted anything in my life up to this point. marshawn lynch is the new christian okoye!

# 36 Aggies7 @ 02/27/14 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
What kind of PC do you need to run this? I would like to get it on my iPhone, but not sure if I want to jailbreak it.

I know I am really late to the party here. But does your iPhone have to be jailbroken in order to download an emulator.

I tried searching App Store with no results.

# 37 BobbyColtrane @ 02/27/14 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I know I am really late to the party here. But does your iPhone have to be jailbroken in order to download an emulator.

I tried searching App Store with no results.
Yeah, man, it does.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.