Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

In an exclusive interview over at Review Fix, Sean O'Brien sat down to discuss NBA Live 14, the expectations surrounding the product, and competition with 2K.

"Do you have a really tall ladder?" O'Brien said in response to a question about the expectations surrounding the product, "We place high expectations on ourselves and hold each other accountable to create a game that aligns with our vision for the franchise."

While no new feature type of information was divulged, there was also an interesting tidbit from O'Brien on the competition with 2K Sports, "Our focus right now is to make a great basketball video game. We aren't going to sacrifice our vision just to check feature boxes on the back of a package."

O'Brien went on to say that he wants Live 14 to be remembered as a great basketball video game -- a huge bar to raise for a series which has had trouble making it to market much less impressing fans. However, we expect to see a lot more from NBA Live 14 very soon and can't wait to see how the product ends up.

NBA Live 14 will be released on launch day on both next-gen consoles. That's November 15 for PlayStation 4 users and November 22 for XBox One users.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Hadlowe @ 09/06/13 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I'm actually going to remove this game from my preorder for PS4 and wait for chatter on the internet about it, as well as 2K14 for it. I'll be off that day waiting for my delivery so I'll keep checking the net then see if I wanna run out that day and pickup either one or both.
I'm guessing (hoping) that there will be demos available to download on day one so we can try out the new engine and controls to see how the game plays. Either that or the marketplace will allow us a time-limited download to try out the game with a Playstation Plus or Xbox Gold subscription.

Either way, since I'm getting an Xbox One (the kids love the kinect) I can let you playstation folks try out the game for me first.

# 42 ccoaxum @ 09/06/13 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadlowe
I'm guessing (hoping) that there will be demos available to download on day one so we can try out the new engine and controls to see how the game plays. Either that or the marketplace will allow us a time-limited download to try out the game with a Playstation Plus or Xbox Gold subscription.

Either way, since I'm getting an Xbox One (the kids love the kinect) I can let you playstation folks try out the game for me first.
will gladly test it on playstation for you since i already got it pre-ordered on the ps4!

# 43 poloelite @ 09/06/13 12:21 PM
I was with you BehindShadows, until this:

Live 10 even with less animations, was still a more fun game online and offline than 2k10.- WHAT???

From the minimum they shown us and the many interviews, I'm optimistic, but I won't doubt that it will be good. M25 and NCAA14 were pretty solid with they new engine. I can see basketball being just as smooth if not surpassing them on the Next Gen consoles. - MADDEN25 ENGINE ISN'T SOLID OR SMOOTH. BETTER THAN LAST YEAR'S FOR SURE, BUT NOT SOLID OR SMOOTH. I THINK YOU HAVE SOME EA FAN BOY IN YOU MAN.

# 44 Behindshadows @ 09/06/13 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
I was with you BehindShadows, until this:

Live 10 even with less animations, was still a more fun game online and offline than 2k10.- WHAT???

From the minimum they shown us and the many interviews, I'm optimistic, but I won't doubt that it will be good. M25 and NCAA14 were pretty solid with they new engine. I can see basketball being just as smooth if not surpassing them on the Next Gen consoles. - MADDEN25 ENGINE ISN'T SOLID OR SMOOTH. BETTER THAN LAST YEAR'S FOR SURE, BUT NOT SOLID OR SMOOTH. I THINK YOU HAVE SOME EA FAN BOY IN YOU MAN.

I'm not even going to argue with how ignorant your post is, or how biased. . but let me point some facts out.

Been doing the rosters for College Hoops series since 2k6

Been the lead on the College Hoops mod for PC since 2009

Have over 400 2k basketball videos on my YouTube channel vs. my 101 of Live series.

Been part of the mod community for 2k basketball since 2009 on PC.

So you can kill that fanboy trash....

Now that the facts are out!!! I'm also a 37 year old gamer of video game sports titles, regardless of who makes them.

I even have post on OS where I posted images of my game collection and I own every 2k and EA title regardless of how good or bad, because I've grown enough to respect them for their differences and not try to compare to a level, like most of you guys do where you want them to be identical.

I am one of the rarities who want competition back in the BB market. I also do my research before posting bogus post...

Again this is why most veterans don't post here anymore, for responses like this....

And even some of the biggest fans of 2k basketball have openly admitted that Live 10 was a more fun to play game. Why you think OS vets like BiggD, Tomba and others work so hard to make updated rosters, yet we still bought all the 2k games....

- On that note, peace!!! Find another target!!!

# 45 EAGLESFAN10 @ 09/06/13 03:51 PM
I still a teen so I'm not a veteran on OS YET but your post was spot on

# 46 Da_Czar @ 09/07/13 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I'm actually going to remove this game from my preorder for PS4 and wait for chatter on the internet about it, as well as 2K14 for it. I'll be off that day waiting for my delivery so I'll keep checking the net then see if I wanna run out that day and pickup either one or both.
LIES! LIES! LIES! Trey nobody who loves hoops as much as we do is sitting on the sidelines Nov 15 or the 22nd. LOL you KNOW THIS. It's one but most likely both for almost everyone in hear talking that YANG!

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.