Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has released a couple of facial scans for Kyrie Irving in NBA Live 14 (thanks for the heads up MarkWilliam). It looks like they captured Kemba Walker, Brandon Jennings, Greivis Vásquez and Kent Bazemore during the Under Armour Elite 24 that EA Sports sponsored.

It will be interesting to find out how many other players they will be able to capture before release. The NBA Live 14 team promised to show us some 5 on 5 gamplay this summer.

TIME IS TICKING...

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Guapo516 @ 09/06/13 03:33 PM
I hate when something like this looks so good cuz then I expect gameplay to be bananas!

# 22 njdevils14 @ 09/06/13 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
The right is clearly better, but oddly i'm not impressed, or should I say wowed. Looks good tho.
I feel dumb, I thought the right was a photo at first glance

# 23 youvalss @ 09/06/13 06:53 PM
I don't think graphics will be a problem (can be hit or miss regarding player models/faces). Next-gen graphics usually start big anyway. Can't be any different this time around.

When it comes to a new generation, graphics are like a resume, and gameplay is like a job interview.

# 24 wallofhate @ 09/06/13 06:57 PM
I'm an old live fan and now a 2k guy but I'm no ***** those shots look amazing. But live has always been good in that avenue it's their game in motion I haven't been a big fan of but we'll see.

# 25 thedream2k13 @ 09/06/13 07:42 PM
i have a feeling live is gonna WOW use but waiting until 2k shows their nextgen game first

# 26 nick_sr @ 09/06/13 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
What about 2k's next gen info and realtime 5vs5. It's sickening how biased os is to 2k.

Is 5vs5 really going to change anyone's biased opinions? 90% of us have already made our decision on games that aren't even out yet and i doubt 5vs5 will change that.

Can't wait for all the nit picking and hate when they do release gameplay.
a lot of dudes don't even have an opinion on the internet. they let popular 2k youtubers talk for them. the things i see on youtube regarding nba live is far worse on there than it is on os.

# 27 nick_sr @ 09/06/13 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
i have a feeling live is gonna WOW use but waiting until 2k shows their nextgen game first
I know its still ea, but this is a different team working on live and I have faith in them

# 28 Earl1963 @ 09/06/13 08:53 PM
Those screens look really nice. Hope its good because this is the main reason I want a PS4 at launch.

# 29 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/06/13 09:09 PM
Those face scans look nice. Really got me anxious to see gameplay . I'm hoping both games deliver.

# 30 youvalss @ 09/06/13 10:24 PM
I will buy a PS4 maybe next year, and I love buying the first sports games on a new generation (a year or two after release, in this case). if Live 14 is solid and fun, it will definitely be on my list for first few games with the new system.

Make it happen, EA.

# 31 ryan36 @ 09/06/13 10:34 PM
I loved Live... it just had an easier control scheme, and easier to navigate. But who knows this time around.

# 32 KyotoCarl @ 09/06/13 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
What about 2k's next gen info and realtime 5vs5. It's sickening how biased os is to 2k.
That's because 2K has surprised EA every year since, more or less, Live 08 and has been consistent in deliviring a good product. EA hasnt even been able to release a game for 4 years.

Besides, if you look at the 2K forums there's alot of whining going on just because 2K has set a pretty high standard, so it's not strange that there's a "bias" when the main competitor (that being EA) hasn't even been able to release a game. And when it comes to realism, when EA last released a game (Live 10), 2K was still in the forefeont.

So, its not strange at all that there's a bias. Personally, I've played Live since nba live 95. I played everyone up to, and including, live07. Then i didn't play a basketball game until Live 10 and 2k10 and i just felt that 2K10 was the more realistic sim game. After that, I've played every 2K bball game since just because i felt they evolved year over year.
I would've played Live too but they didn't even release a game for the past 4 years.

Sorry for the rant but I dont buy the 2K bias thing one bit. Fact is: 2K had provided us bball fans good games each year, EA hasn't even provided us with a game, period! and, the 2K games have been solid, good games.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 33 Williekemp15 @ 09/07/13 12:00 AM
great screenshots.. but man im dying to see some gameplay.. Show some soon EA!

# 34 Shadojoker @ 09/07/13 09:12 AM
Waiting for 5-5 gameplay!! Until then..fingers crossed

# 35 m1ke_nyc @ 09/07/13 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
That's because 2K has surprised EA every year since, more or less, Live 08 and has been consistent in deliviring a good product. EA hasnt even been able to release a game for 4 years.

Besides, if you look at the 2K forums there's alot of whining going on just because 2K has set a pretty high standard, so it's not strange that there's a "bias" when the main competitor (that being EA) hasn't even been able to release a game. And when it comes to realism, when EA last released a game (Live 10), 2K was still in the forefeont.

So, its not strange at all that there's a bias. Personally, I've played Live since nba live 95. I played everyone up to, and including, live07. Then i didn't play a basketball game until Live 10 and 2k10 and i just felt that 2K10 was the more realistic sim game. After that, I've played every 2K bball game since just because i felt they evolved year over year.
I would've played Live too but they didn't even release a game for the past 4 years.

Sorry for the rant but I dont buy the 2K bias thing one bit. Fact is: 2K had provided us bball fans good games each year, EA hasn't even provided us with a game, period! and, the 2K games have been solid, good games.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
I liked 2k10 more than Live 10 but honestly it wasn't even close to being more Sim. Pre patch 2k10 had shooting Percentages in the 70s that leveled off to about 60 percent after all the patches. There was ZERO paint contact Pre patch and that's not a exaggeration. 2k10 was a dunk fest and everyone shot like Ray Allen even on HOF settings. People say 2k13 is cheesy, they need to go back and play 2k10 to see what cheese really is.

# 36 youvalss @ 09/07/13 12:37 PM
Not only a new generation of consoles, but also a new generation of consumers. There must be some youngsters who have never played Live before/were too young to play the older Live's. So this a chance for EA to make a name for their product among this crowd, for whom this is like a brand new franchise.

Spoiler

# 37 WTF @ 09/07/13 06:30 PM
To say NBA Live needs to show footage right now is asinine in my eyes. If they have something to "wow" us with, if it were released right now.. it would wow us all until September. By the time 2k releases something, then the "wow" factor will be several weeks old, and they've lost momentum.

There's nothing to gain for them releasing anything right now. These renders are magnificent. I'm lookng forward to seeing what they bring to the table this year.

Neither 2k nor Live have brought anything substantial to the table for next gen consoles. So we wait it out. Live isn't competing with the current gen 2k, so no reason to jump the gun and let their info sit there and get stale.

But for those of you who say they have something to prove and need to release info now to gain those people who don't know Live, or who are on the fence... is it really going to sway you if it's released now vs a bombardment of information closer to release?

No, not in my eyes at least. To each their own though.

# 38 Da_Czar @ 09/07/13 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
To say NBA Live needs to show footage right now is asinine in my eyes. If they have something to "wow" us with, if it were released right now.. it would wow us all until September. By the time 2k releases something, then the "wow" factor will be several weeks old, and they've lost momentum.

There's nothing to gain for them releasing anything right now. These renders are magnificent. I'm lookng forward to seeing what they bring to the table this year.

Neither 2k nor Live have brought anything substantial to the table for next gen consoles. So we wait it out. Live isn't competing with the current gen 2k, so no reason to jump the gun and let their info sit there and get stale.

But for those of you who say they have something to prove and need to release info now to gain those people who don't know Live, or who are on the fence... is it really going to sway you if it's released now vs a bombardment of information closer to release?

No, not in my eyes at least. To each their own though.
We used to have thoughtful intelligent posts like this all the time. You old heads need to start posting more!

# 39 youvalss @ 09/07/13 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
So did EA. Hence the original post: Why is everyone up in arms over EA not releasing anything yet, but 2k gets a free pass?
Curiosity. It's human.

# 40 Ajknowsit @ 09/08/13 08:39 PM
First off let's get back on topic, and WOW those images look well like the real deal. And second to the guy's asking why the one on the right looks better than the one on the left, well click the link and read.

The one the right is an early go at it and the one on the left is the latest in game go at it. I won't believe it till I see it in motion on the court, but WOW if it looks like that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.