Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA Sports has released their official Madden NFL 25 roster update for week 1. No details have been released, but we'll update this post when they become available.

Donny Moore stated their was an issue with the injured reserve list and hopes it can be fixed in the next roster update.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 CT Pitbull @ 09/06/13 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
the point I gave u i'd rather have real players on PS instead of some fake player or rookie that's in the ccm that's put on your team when u have to do the cut down's. I like my season to be real as possiable I don't want some nobody rookie that's not even in real nfl on my team just because ea thought it be cool to add them to your team just so u have to do cuts.
I absolutely agree with you. Im just not into all the extra stuff CFM has to offer bro I wanna kind of bypass all the cuts by starting with a roster that is essentially already cut down to 53 so that when I get to cut day I could advance without having the AI cut players that in real life would NOT be getting cut.

# 42 trey31 @ 09/06/13 07:43 PM
Why are all the players on the roster 99 POT?? How does Madden 25 progress players? Does it?

Edit: I had a brain fart moment. I remember the whole arcadey progression deal now...

# 43 alkamist @ 09/06/13 08:03 PM
rofl there missing 2 guys from the hawks so far - Lotulelei, John, Mayowa, Benson, that i see so far

# 44 Dyowman @ 09/06/13 08:11 PM
Jj watt and Brandon brooks player models have been updated.

# 45 racerx @ 09/06/13 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
I absolutely agree with you. Im just not into all the extra stuff CFM has to offer bro I wanna kind of bypass all the cuts by starting with a roster that is essentially already cut down to 53 so that when I get to cut day I could advance without having the AI cut players that in real life would NOT be getting cut.
CT,
Just so I understand this, I remember last year when starting a franchise the game would add guys (UDFA's) to the roster so all teams would start with 70 players and then you would go through 2 cut weeks to get down to 53. But this year you can start with a 53 man rosters right off the bat and no fake guys will be added. It would just bypass those 2 cuts days because the roster already has the 53 players? Correct?

Thanks

# 46 robdilla @ 09/06/13 09:02 PM
The game is playing better with this roster update, I was playing on all madden default sliders

# 47 Robcards @ 09/06/13 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi
why is Tyler Wilson still on the Raiders......wow

The better question is, why is Matt McGloin not on the Raiders? practice squad players being in the game is cool and all, but what would be even better is if guys on the 53-man roster were in the game

# 48 Spooky @ 09/06/13 09:21 PM
Well after looking at these, I don't understand how hard it is to just look at the 53 man rosters that are published and stable, and then match them.

For instance, why is Shayne Graham still on the Browns, and Cundiff wasn't signed to them?

I mean it was easy enough for me to take care of, but when you have the full backing of NFL.com, which has right on their website all of the rosters, how hard is it if you are the manager of this game?

Anyway, not a huge deal, more of just awe struck by the mediocre job done.

# 49 paptester @ 09/06/13 10:06 PM
Donny Moore stated their was an issue with the injured reserve list and hopes it can be fixed in the next roster update. And this is why EA was voted the worst company. How can they drop the ball again on something a lot of people depend on to start their season. GOD I MISS 2K FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

# 50 Gman 18 @ 09/06/13 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson#48
EA have deleted 300 players from the roster with this update, including the likes of Vince Young. The best Free Agent QB is now David Carr, followed by Tebow.

There are about 10 extra players on there.
Are they trying to make the free agent pool as thin as possible or what? They should have only removed retired players from the roster and not players who are still free agents. If I recall, they did this same BS last year but they added the players back to the free agent pool a few updates later.

# 51 ggsimmonds @ 09/06/13 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paptester
Donny Moore stated their was an issue with the injured reserve list and hopes it can be fixed in the next roster update. And this is why EA was voted the worst company. How can they drop the ball again on something a lot of people depend on to start their season. GOD I MISS 2K FOOTBALL!!!!!!!
It may have something to do with lazy *** EA not updating preexisting injuries from last year.

Start a CFM and turn pre-existing injuries on. Go to injury report for the Ravens and you will see Suggs listed with broken ribs. That is what they used last year when he had the acl (or was it achilles?) injury. EA never bothered to update it for this year.

Small in the grand scheme of things, but still unacceptable. Another case of EA cutting corners. Remember how they claimed they completely rewrote the code for connected careers? That is a lie and you can tell by looking at the player card to see their draft spot.

# 52 CT Pitbull @ 09/06/13 10:51 PM
The Bears are missing rookie DE #91 David Bass (who WAS in the initial roster and for some odd reason removed all together??)

They are also STILL missing rookie CB #25 C.J. Wilson out of NC State

Both players have made the team Wilson was with the team all camp and Bass was a pick up off of the Raiders.

Also if all practice squad players are supposed to be there the Bears are also missing rookie UFA CB Demontre Hurst out of Oklahoma who is on Chicago's practice squad.

To his credit Donny Moore did add Michael Ford and Zach Minter and he moved Isaiah Frey to the depth chart BUT in the wrong position as he beat out Zach Bowman for the nickel corner spot after Kelvin Hayden's injury. I tweeted Moore about this telling him Frey had won the job but I guess he's not buying it. lol

With all the issues with the roster updates year after year you would think EA would get Mr. Moore some assistance with putting them together. A Czar he is not. It's only my wet dream that creating accurate rosters for 32 teams was my full-time job for which im sure I was getting paid handsomely for. I think I would pay excruciating attention to detail to make sure I didn't upset my bosses both in the madden community as well as at EA. I wonder if these rosters are the mans ONLY responsibility?

# 53 CT Pitbull @ 09/06/13 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx
CT,
Just so I understand this, I remember last year when starting a franchise the game would add guys (UDFA's) to the roster so all teams would start with 70 players and then you would go through 2 cut weeks to get down to 53. But this year you can start with a 53 man rosters right off the bat and no fake guys will be added. It would just bypass those 2 cuts days because the roster already has the 53 players? Correct?

Thanks
yup only 1 cut at the end of preseason to get to 53 man roster. If your team already is trimmed down to 53 your all set from what I've seen.

# 54 1NFAMOU5808 @ 09/06/13 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards
The better question is, why is Matt McGloin not on the Raiders? practice squad players being in the game is cool and all, but what would be even better is if guys on the 53-man roster were in the game
This.

I don't believe it'd be too hard to get a Practice Squad option in the game, which would pretty much work like IR aside of having them bumped to active.

# 55 ThatGuysLucky @ 09/06/13 11:36 PM
I've had no problems starting a franchise with my custom 53-man rosters, I've never seen any auto-added players.

# 56 NYBorn81 @ 09/06/13 11:50 PM
No Matt McGloin? ****..I might stick with that guys rosters for PS3...One question though, I'm not home yet to find this out for myself, but is Ryan Spadola on the Jets? Picture and all?

# 57 PsnHitman17 @ 09/06/13 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBorn81
No Matt McGloin? ****..I might stick with that guys rosters for PS3...One question though, I'm not home yet to find this out for myself, but is Ryan Spadola on the Jets? Picture and all?
As a Jets fan is he in, but no picture

# 58 NYBorn81 @ 09/07/13 12:05 AM
Thanks man. No Matt McGloin and the thin FA pool is killing it for me. At the same time, I like that they fixed some player models. Think I'll download these on a separate file and see which I like more.

# 59 Meatball0311 @ 09/07/13 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudawaknchi2nev
I don't know if anyone has stated this, but i wonder if someone can post a list of missing players. The reason i say this is because i like to start my season with 32 team control and have each roster up to date even if i have to create those missing players. I would even create players for the PS and just place them in the FA pool (could not really do this last year due to the fact FA pool had a limit). Just hope someone can post a list of missing players like over at the OS 2k forum.
NYG - TE Larry Donnell

That sounds nice..

There has to be some way that we can help each other out as a community in having a somewhat realistic season. I think many of us cannot stand the fact that there are players that should be on IR, but are not, and are taking up precious roster spots.

There really needs to be some additions to Madden that would allow offline CFM to edit players to IR. Also, to have a real Practice Squad option of some sorts. I hate when they make an update in the middle of the season and you have to restart your season to have those newly created players. I wish there was some way for an option to begin a new season at the current NFL week with the stats and rosters of the current NFL teams.

# 60 jimmym68 @ 09/07/13 02:10 AM
why even put a roster out if IR is not in it!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.