Home
NHL 14 News Post

2BCProductions2BC has posted the new features in NHL 14's GM mode. See anything you like?

Game: NHL 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
NHL 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Garism @ 09/06/13 04:03 PM
Recap
  • Be A GM length is adjustable
  • Trade Difficulty (Easy to Hard)
  • Authentic Cap Penalties (Real life buyout penalties and traded salaries carried into the mode)
  • Assistant Coach Rotate Goalie
  • 7 preseason games instead of the normal 4
  • Retaining cap trading is there
  • Future 1st round pick = worthless (like few years down the road).
  • Progress Reports return
  • Edit Lines page gets a change (unexpected good change)
  • New Divisions is there! (But Division A. Division B.. etc)

Now if only PS3 simulation is fixed, definitely will be playing this mode this year.

# 2 onlybygrace @ 09/06/13 04:04 PM
The edit lines looks great and so does the salary retaining feature. Honestly, from what I've seen of the gameplay on peoples live feeds and such...this game looks pretty good.

There are even penalties!!! Slower pace, less hitting, plenty of loos pucks...looks like a lot of fun!!!

# 3 emericaridr11 @ 09/06/13 04:06 PM
shweetness man

# 4 MizzouRah @ 09/06/13 05:19 PM
Excellent news, thank you!

# 5 adayinthelife @ 09/06/13 05:41 PM
Great, thanks for posting. Looks like I'm more excited about some of the improvements that went completely unmentioned vs. most "selling" points. Can't wait for my Season Ticket download to finish!

# 6 Blue&Gold @ 09/06/13 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garism
Recap
  • Be A GM length is adjustable
  • Authentic Cap Penalties (Real life buyout penalties and traded salaries carried into the mode)

Now if only PS3 simulation is fixed, definitely will be playing this mode this year.

What Are you referring to with PS3 simulation?

Thanks for the great info!

# 7 canucksss @ 09/06/13 07:47 PM
Quote:
Recap
  • [b]Be A GM length is adjustable [b]

How many games - 82, 62, 41?

Assistant Coach rotate goalie - wow....sweet.

Do you know if the "improve relationship" with other GM is still there?

Im now salivating ..... damn....i'll need to wait until the game is release and see.

# 8 mercalnd @ 09/06/13 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
How many games - 82, 62, 41?
I haven't watched the video but I assume the adjustable length means the number of years for the GM mode rather than the number of games per season.

# 9 canucksss @ 09/06/13 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
I haven't watched the video but I assume the adjustable length means the number of years for the GM mode rather than the number of games per season.
yea...its still 82 games per season. CRAP!

# 10 onlybygrace @ 09/06/13 08:56 PM
Quote:
yea...its still 82 games per season. CRAP!
I knew you were going to misunderstand that...lol. (Seriously, before you responded, I seen it coming) What a conundrum. You don't wanna sim, yet you can't play 82 games. What a mess...

At some point your gonna need to make a compromise with yourself...either learn to sim or play every game. I never sim either, but have no problem playing every game and finishing my seasons.

# 11 OddyOh @ 09/06/13 09:06 PM
Finally some info about the only mode I care about!

# 12 canucksss @ 09/06/13 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
I knew you were going to misunderstand that...lol. (Seriously, before you responded, I seen it coming) What a conundrum. You don't wanna sim, yet you can't play 82 games. What a mess...

At some point your gonna need to make a compromise with yourself...either learn to sim or play every game. I never sim either, but have no problem playing every game and finishing my seasons.
in nhl 13, i played a total of 3 full seasons (without a sim), like you im a die-hard hockey fan. But if I will play different teams with the SAME PLAYING STYLE..... it will be BORING. No variety of approach...no NZ defense ..etc.

So was hoping that at least I can have 42 games/season so I could really see how the game progress after 5 season. Probably EA will not allow us because they design this game to only last 2-3 seasons. Marketing reason and programming reason (almost all players will be ranked above 90s or rookies having an insane improvement after a year).

At this point, if AI will give you the same playing style with ALL NHL teams...I will just wait for the next gen.

# 13 Garism @ 09/06/13 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Gold
What Are you referring to with PS3 simulation?

Thanks for the great info!
Last year on the PS3, i would say about a week worth of simulation would take a good 5 minutes.

But thanks to fillydilly on the Q&A thread, seems like he got the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillydilly
I got hold of a PS3 owner with early access to NHL 14 and he reports that the simulation is LIGHTNING FAST. Great news!

Edit:

He says it takes 1-3 seconds for each day to pass.

# 14 onlybygrace @ 09/06/13 11:30 PM
Quote:
in nhl 13, i played a total of 3 full seasons (without a sim), like you im a die-hard hockey fan. But if I will play different teams with the SAME PLAYING STYLE..... it will be BORING. No variety of approach...no NZ defense ..etc.

So was hoping that at least I can have 42 games/season so I could really see how the game progress after 5 season. Probably EA will not allow us because they design this game to only last 2-3 seasons. Marketing reason and programming reason (almost all players will be ranked above 90s or rookies having an insane improvement after a year).

At this point, if AI will give you the same playing style with ALL NHL teams...I will just wait for the next gen.
I have an idea for you...of course you're gonna do what you want, like any of us...BUT...may I suggest playing the game on Season Mode. That way you can adjust the strategies of each team (line by line even) in the league and thus every game feels different. It really works. Screw Be-A-GM...lol.

# 15 hollywood_cpm @ 09/07/13 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
I have an idea for you...of course you're gonna do what you want, like any of us...BUT...may I suggest playing the game on Season Mode. That way you can adjust the strategies of each team (line by line even) in the league and thus every game feels different. It really works. Screw Be-A-GM...lol.
So you can edit other teams strategies for sure in 14? It didn't work in 13 did it?

# 16 fillydilly @ 09/07/13 05:40 AM
Quote:
Last year on the PS3, i would say about a week worth of simulation would take a good 5 minutes.

But thanks to fillydilly on the Q&A thread, seems like he got the answer!
Been over to a friend that have the season pass early access and tried out the GM Mode. It takes approx 2½ minutes to sim through a month. But it varies but not by much that you could call it slow. Im really happy about the GM Mode this year. Overall the whole interaction in the mode is very quick. No more sluggish controls while in Scouting Assignment because of many draftees etc. Stats loads very fast. Trading is hard but realistic. I think there have been some changes to the scouting as well.

My scouts saw S. Reinhart as No. 1 pick but he fell to fourth (My pick) and he was clearly the best of the draft when I checked potentials etc. I had jacked up my scouting in Staff Upgrades so I had some very good scouting I guess. As opposed to last year when the player projected to go No. 1 always went No.1

I can't really confirm this since I have insufficient playing time as of now but as more people begin to play the game next week it will maybe shed some light over it. But if its true its a really good change.

Other than that the immersion is better. There are tweets and GDT in a new feature called "Messages". Fine addition since it breathes some life into the mode.

I had one say about Florida Panthers win over Detroit with 7-2
Along the lines of:

"Yes Marcel Goc did score 4 goals tonight." Thought it was kind of funny.

Edit:

Seems like contracts are overhauled as well. Players dont ask for very high contracts anymore. And you can negotiate much more than previous installations.

# 17 Garism @ 09/07/13 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fillydilly
Been over to a friend that have the season pass early access and tried out the GM Mode. It takes approx 2½ minutes to sim through a month. But it varies but not by much that you could call it slow. Im really happy about the GM Mode this year. .
Glad to hear about that. Seems like i'll be playing this mode this year!

It's great that they actually did many upgrades to the mode, is just that they didn't advertise it as a selling point.

# 18 xCeeTee @ 09/09/13 10:15 PM
I quite like these new adjustments, the trading is a little stupid as the player's trade value goes by their potential and not their stats. Other than that, it's almost perfect! I would of loved a fantasy draft option in the normal Be a GM mode, that's always fun to play.

# 19 mgftp @ 09/09/13 10:41 PM
Any idea of what causes a player to progress or digress ratings wise?

Seemed like the consensus last year was that is obviously pertained to age and potential ratings but besides that was random. Meaning that things such as what league or line a player played on, or their ice time or stats didn't have any impact on progression. Just wondering if this is the same.

# 20 mzator21 @ 09/10/13 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCeeTee
I quite like these new adjustments, the trading is a little stupid as the player's trade value goes by their potential and not their stats. Other than that, it's almost perfect! I would of loved a fantasy draft option in the normal Be a GM mode, that's always fun to play.
there's no fantasy draft in Be a GM? It was in NHL 13, why would they take it out again!

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.