Home
FIFA 14 News Post

The FIFA 14 demo is available now for Xbox 360 users (queue it up here), weighing in at 1.5 GB. It is also available for PS3 users as of this afternoon.
  • 3 minutes per half (Non-adjustable)
  • You can set the difficulty (Professional, World Class, Legendary, Amateur, Semi-Pro)
  • You can set the game speed (Normal, Slow, Fast)
  • You can change the weather (Clear, Overcast, Rainy)
  • You can change camera angles
  • You can change gameplay sliders
Teams available in the demo are listed below.
  • FC Barcelona
  • AC Milan
  • Manchester City
  • Tottenham Hotspur
  • Paris Saint-Germain
  • Borussia Dortmund
  • Boca Juniors
  • NY Red Bulls
You can also try out FIFA Ultimate Team and practice some moves in the practice arena.

The demo for PC users was released last night, some impressions have been posted here.

UPDATE: The PS3 demo is available now (Outside of the US) - Still waiting for US demo release, most likely later this afternoon.

UPDATE #2: Was able to start downloading the PS3 version of the demo, so it's now available for Americans as well!

Game: FIFA Soccer 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
FIFA Soccer 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ezio @ 09/10/13 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
Haven't seen it yet
Ok thanks.

# 22 Ermolli @ 09/10/13 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
Is it on the PSN in the US yet?
It's available now.

# 23 Soprano00 @ 09/10/13 05:16 PM
same old FIFA with same old legacy problems...

# 24 Maxflier @ 09/10/13 05:39 PM
Same old psychic CPU players when you try to get the ball off them.
I do like the slower pace this year, though.

# 25 trwi7 @ 09/10/13 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
It's tough to tell in such a short amount of time, the games are so intense they just sort of fly by. One thing I can tell you is this: Playing against Barcelona was NOT I repeat NOT like playing against NY Red Bulls LOL. They held the ball nearly the entire half, just slinging it around the box as they looked to carve me up(3 goals first half), I felt helpless trying to stop them. In the second half I had to pack the box just to not get raped, I felt a sense of accomplishment not conceding in the 2nd 45.
That's awesome. I've only played one game, I was Tottenham and I played Man City, two fairly evenly matched teams. Now I want to be the Red Bulls and play Barcelona just to see how hard it is.

# 26 bigeastbumrush @ 09/10/13 06:25 PM

Wow. I love it! Had a blast playing (PS3).

It looks so much more clean than '13 and prior versions.

I saw so many more runs by the CPU and alot more jostling.

I was planning on skipping '14 but I now want it for the PS4.

# 27 trwi7 @ 09/10/13 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush

Wow. I love it! Had a blast playing (PS3).

It looks so much more clean than '13 and prior versions.

I saw so many more runs by the CPU and alot more jostling.

I was planning on skipping '14 but I now want it for the PS4.
Yeah the CPU play was a lot better. When I played Silva made an area pass on a perfect run by Dzeko who sent in a cross that Aguero put in. That never would've happened in '13.

Corners seem to be much more realistic this year as well. Can't quite put my finger on what it is but you can't just easily move around a player to intercept a header, at least in my one game experience.

Also love how you can't dribble like was mentioned earlier. '13 you could dribble with one player the whole half if you wanted to, you need to get rid of the ball once you're in traffic or you're going to lose it.

# 28 bigeastbumrush @ 09/10/13 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trwi7
Yeah the CPU play was a lot better. When I played Silva made an area pass on a perfect run by Dzeko who sent in a cross that Aguero put in. That never would've happened in '13.

Corners seem to be much more realistic this year as well. Can't quite put my finger on what it is but you can't just easily move around a player to intercept a header, at least in my one game experience.

Also love how you can't dribble like was mentioned earlier. '13 you could dribble with one player the whole half if you wanted to, you need to get rid of the ball once you're in traffic or you're going to lose it.
And the CPU plays better keep-away. You can't just try to run into them and knock the ball away. They don't run in a straight line. Had a guy spin in a circle on me.

Be interesting to see how many fouls get called and the injury occurrences but I loved what I played.

We just need more authentic stadiums!

# 29 Matthayew @ 09/10/13 06:59 PM
I really liked the feel a lot more in the couple games I played. The new shots are also a lot of fun. The plays feel heavier this year and generally differ from each other a more than FIFA 13. Also the dribbling seemed to feel a lot better to mee. Another problem that seemed fixed was that my team actually went after loose balls in the box (one of the must frustrating things that has been plauging this game for years is players running away from rebounds of GKs like they're grenades). Man I don't want to go back to playing FIFA 13 now .

# 30 Matthayew @ 09/10/13 07:02 PM
Really the part I'm most excited for is how different the teams and players felt from one another this time around. I could even tell the difference in class and strategy between the Red Bulls and Boca Juniors when I played them.

# 31 jb12780 @ 09/10/13 07:03 PM
My bank account wants you to be wrong orion.

# 32 jvalverde88 @ 09/10/13 07:04 PM
So far I'm enjoying the demo a lot, I was planning on waiting until it comes out for the PS4 but I might just break down and get for the 360. The players feel like they move with more weight and I like that.

I had Valdes get red carded on a sliding tackle while going after a loose ball, everytime I tried that in 13 I would never get carded.

# 33 orion523 @ 09/10/13 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
So far I'm enjoying the demo a lot, I was planning on waiting until it comes out for the PS4 but I might just break down and get for the 360. The players feel like they move with more weight and I like that.

I had Valdes get red carded on a sliding tackle while going after a loose ball, everytime I tried that in 13 I would never get carded.

I've seen the CPU get red carded on three different occasions in different videos I've watched. In 13 I NEVER saw the CPU pick up a red(console). Just tried to go back to 13 in order to compare and it felt almost silly.

# 34 bigeastbumrush @ 09/10/13 07:23 PM
I simply cannot put 13 back into the console again.

Literally night & day.

# 35 bwiggy33 @ 09/10/13 07:27 PM
Wow did this game blow me away. I absolutely hated FIFA 13 on console for so many reasons. Orion's sliders helped a crap ton but after a while I just couldn't do it any more. Anyway to me 14 feels like a whole new game. The pace of the game is fantastic. I was playing on Legendary all manual and holy crap did I get dominated. I didn't even have one shot attempt in the 3 games I played. The defense swarmed me every single time I touched the ball. It also doesn't help that I was playing on PS3 (don't have live gold on 360) and my passing was absolutely brutal. Honestly though I was just so in awe of the separation between teams and how different the game feels.

Another great thing is momentum. Finally, it seems to be correct. If I have the ball I can no longer stop on a dime and beat the defender because of it. The defender continues to stay with my player and play the ball, which makes it that much more difficult. During the games I also didn't get the feeling of the CPU cheating anymore. It wasn't the ridiculous and fake looking domination that I have had occur so many times. It all just felt natural and real.

The next time I flip on the demo I'm definitely going to knock down the level and adjust my passing so I can at least pass at a realistic rate. I tell ya what though, I was in no way expecting this game to be good. Especially with the new systems on the way. I was pleasantly shocked. With slider tweaks and some team tactics tweaks we could have a great soccer game this year. I hope the feeling I had playing the game today holds true though. When I play this game on Season Ticket in a couple weeks it will definitely be the deciding factor on purchasing this game. I went from not even thinking about getting this game to all of a sudden really liking it. In all my years of playing video games I have never had this much of a change in mind about a game.

# 36 SinisterAlex @ 09/10/13 07:44 PM
I wasn't planning on upgrading from FIFA 13 to FIFA 14 until the PS4 came out.... but man after playing this demo, there is absolutely NO WAY I can play FIFA 13 again.

FIFA 14 will be a day one purchase.

# 37 jb12780 @ 09/10/13 07:53 PM
Got whooped by the other team in North London 3-0 playing with Dortmund. Don't do this to me EA...

# 38 Lovesports @ 09/10/13 08:02 PM
Just got done playing 4 games...I don't like it. The AI is still idiotic, players doing their stupid cutbacks and dribbles without anyone covering them. It looks good if you're using multi player but I will not be playing the computer. I'll wait for PS4 version.

# 39 coach422001 @ 09/10/13 08:08 PM
CPU fouls????

# 40 Lovesports @ 09/10/13 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
CPU fouls????
Rare....had 3 in 4 games

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.