Home
FIFA 14 News Post

The FIFA 14 demo is available now for Xbox 360 users (queue it up here), weighing in at 1.5 GB. It is also available for PS3 users as of this afternoon.
  • 3 minutes per half (Non-adjustable)
  • You can set the difficulty (Professional, World Class, Legendary, Amateur, Semi-Pro)
  • You can set the game speed (Normal, Slow, Fast)
  • You can change the weather (Clear, Overcast, Rainy)
  • You can change camera angles
  • You can change gameplay sliders
Teams available in the demo are listed below.
  • FC Barcelona
  • AC Milan
  • Manchester City
  • Tottenham Hotspur
  • Paris Saint-Germain
  • Borussia Dortmund
  • Boca Juniors
  • NY Red Bulls
You can also try out FIFA Ultimate Team and practice some moves in the practice arena.

The demo for PC users was released last night, some impressions have been posted here.

UPDATE: The PS3 demo is available now (Outside of the US) - Still waiting for US demo release, most likely later this afternoon.

UPDATE #2: Was able to start downloading the PS3 version of the demo, so it's now available for Americans as well!

Game: FIFA Soccer 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
FIFA Soccer 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 dubcity @ 09/19/13 09:43 PM
On the positive side, after playing about 20+ matches, FIFA 14 is miles better than FIFA 13. The top teams don't just play effective high-speed counter-attacks over and over like in 13 ("attacking intelligence"). They actually slow it down and play possession more.

I sense that the opportunity for fouls is there more than last year, but the risk/reward still isn't realistic to actually spend time trying to get fouled by the CPU. You just kind of have to get lucky, using the L1/LB dribbling to quickly shift the ball around and change directions. Sometimes you'll get fouled 3 times in a minute, and then you'll go entire matches without a single one. I wish we could pick just strict refs for the demo, but oh well.

As much crap as we all give EA, this year it seems like they've actually tried to give us a slower game. I think both PES and FIFA will be as good as they've been in a long, long time this year.

# 142 Harrison101 @ 09/20/13 08:36 PM
Really enjoyed the demo this time around. It feels more like a real game of football. It's not counter attack galore, build up is rewarded, and there's a bigger emphasis on strength and possession over speed and skill moves.

I think the difference between players with 90 Sprint Speed, and say 70 is a lot closer as well, and that's a good thing, it makes slower defensive players more usable. Definitely looking forward to 14 now.

# 143 jyoung @ 09/20/13 11:30 PM
Has anyone created an Operation Sports North American club?

I am just playing some drop-in games right now with my created player.

# 144 bigball12 @ 09/21/13 11:12 AM
Did they remove regular team up with the real players? I can't find it for the life of me.

# 145 carnalnirvana @ 09/21/13 05:34 PM
no full game thread,

i have the season ticket, how do you edit players or we cant edit players( not created players)

thx

# 146 ajs41072 @ 09/21/13 06:24 PM
This is about the EA Season Ticket early release, not the demo. I've tried twice to start a career as a goalkeeper for Fulham, and both times when I advanced to my first game (choosing to control my player and not the whole squad), there was a blank screen and the game never loaded. Wondering if anyone else had this problem in career mode.

# 147 hedache @ 09/22/13 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs41072
This is about the EA Season Ticket early release, not the demo. I've tried twice to start a career as a goalkeeper for Fulham, and both times when I advanced to my first game (choosing to control my player and not the whole squad), there was a blank screen and the game never loaded. Wondering if anyone else had this problem in career mode.
Well at least you're luckier than everyone else who will play 1 or 2 seasons and spend so much time only realize that the game will lock at that point just to have to start over.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.