Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports will continue to release NBA 2K14 player ratings until the game is shipped. We will update this post as they are revealed.
  • Russell Westbrook (91)
  • Anthony Bennett (76)
  • Pau Gasol (81)
  • Evan Turner (76)
  • Jared Dudley (73)
  • Chris Johnson (66)
  • Ben McLemore (72)
  • Carmelo Anthony (92)
  • Monta Ellis (82)
  • Nerlens Noel (72)
  • Peyton Siva (67)
  • John Wall (85)
  • Kevin Durant (94)
  • LeBron James (99)
  • Roy Hibbert (81)
  • Victor Oladipo (76)
  • Paul George (88)
  • Cody Zeller (68)
  • Brook Lopez (81)
  • Derrick Rose (92)
  • Jamal Crawford (80)
  • Otto Porter (74)
  • Steph Curry (88)
  • Trey Burke (73)
  • Mario Chalmers (76)
  • C.J. McCollum (73)
  • James Harden (89)
  • Harrison Barnes (76)
  • Mason Plumlee (61)
  • Rajon Rondo (90)
  • Klay Thompson (76)
  • Steven Adams (58)
  • Steve Nash (81)
  • Marc Gasol (83)
  • Giannis Adetokunbo (60)
  • Shane Larkin (71)
  • Kobe Bryant (93)
  • Glen Davis (75)
  • Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (71)
  • Chris Paul (94)
  • Anthony Davis (80)
  • Dion Waiters (77)
  • Blake Griffin (85)
  • Ray Allen (80)
  • Eric Bledsoe (82)
  • Dwyane Wade (92)
  • Brandon Jennings (83)
  • Iman Shumpert (82)
  • Tony Parker (87)
  • Mike Kidd-Gilchrist (78)
  • Metta World Peace (74)
  • Rudy Gay (86)
  • Jeremy Lin (76)
  • Dirk Nowitzki (84)
Player ratings will fluctuate based off of performance via Dynamic Living Rosters. They will be completely dependent on real-life performances.

Dynamic Living Rosters will affect individual ratings (shot attributes, block, steal, rebound, etc.) daily based on performance.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 ksuttonjr76 @ 09/12/13 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Kevin Love broke his hand twice. He played 18 games. You should look at 2011-12 when judging his ratings. Horrible defender? He had a DWS of 2.3 in 11-12. He is at worst an average defender. He had a TS% of 56.8 in 11-12. Which is above average. You say Hibbert's stats were skewed because of his injury (even though he played 79 matches). Well that doesn't mean you can give higher than an 80 until he proves it in the regular season. And he hasn't done that yet. If he builds on his postseason and has a great season, i'm sure he will justify upwards of an 85 rating. But he hasn't proved it yet. You can only go on what he has done so far, which is fairly an 80 at best.
This isn't the 11-12 season though. What more does Hibbert have to prove? Indiana is a low scoring offense TEAM, who's focus is DEFENSE first. If you're expecting Hibbert to score 20 PPG while grabbing 10 RPG, then you're going to be waiting a long time. Indiana is solid defensively and offensively at ALL positions. Indiana could be the only team in the league that could have 6 players in double digit scoring this season with PG being the highest at maybe 17 PPG.

# 42 Blackhail92 @ 09/12/13 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Everyone always have an excuse for why Hibbert should be lower. He was playing good in the second half of the season, and raised his game to another level in the playoffs. Everyone keeps forgetting that Indiana is NOT an high offensive team.

What's your excuse for Atlanta and New York?
Cant speak for Atlanta as I am a knicks fan but Hibbert abused chandler and an under sized heat team. I had watched chandler play hibbert all season and clearly something was wrong because hibbert was a NON factor in any of the knicks and pacers games in normal season. He was supposedly sick. but Hibbert did go off in the playoffs. Based off of playoffs alone he should have received a greater bump than Paul George did in my opinion. But seeing how pacers did well in the playoffs im pretty sure 2k will give them their just sig skills and stats to make their defense nice. and in 2k offense is what you make it in some aspects and with 2 people over an 80. your offense should be fine.

# 43 Melbournelad @ 09/12/13 08:34 AM
Quote:
This isn't the 11-12 season though. What more does Hibbert have to prove? Indiana is a low scoring offense TEAM, who's focus is DEFENSE first. If you're expecting Hibbert to score 20 PPG while grabbing 10 RPG, then you're going to be waiting a long time. Indiana is solid defensively and offensively at ALL positions. Indiana could be the only team in the league that could have 6 players in double digit scoring this season with PG being the highest at maybe 17 PPG.
The last time Love played a significant amount of game and was healthy was 11-12. And he justified his rating that season (And in 10-11). Love was a poor analogy to choose.

Being a lowscoring team doesn't mean Hibbert deserves more than an 80 rating when he scores 11.9 points on 44.8% shooting. 44.8% as a center. If he plays better during the season, don't worry, his rating will quickly improve. But we haven't seen that in the regular season from him yet.

# 44 Gramps91 @ 09/12/13 08:35 AM
I do think 88 is a bit high for Paul George but it isn't that bad. I'm fine with the rest of the ratings.

# 45 ksuttonjr76 @ 09/12/13 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
Cant speak for Atlanta as I am a knicks fan but Hibbert abused chandler and an under sized heat team. I had watched chandler play hibbert all season and clearly something was wrong because hibbert was a NON factor in any of the knicks and pacers games in normal season. He was supposedly sick. but Hibbert did go off in the playoffs. Based off of playoffs alone he should have received a greater bump than Paul George did in my opinion. But seeing how pacers did well in the playoffs im pretty sure 2k will give them their just sig skills and stats to make their defense nice. and in 2k offense is what you make it in some aspects and with 2 people over an 80. your offense should be fine.
Not from the lack of trying. Indiana is one of those teams where anyone in the Starting 5 can light you up, and the Vogel usually just goes with the hot players when he calls plays. It's rare that he keeps calling plays for players who are having low impact games. Plus, Indiana tends to play in matter where they try to exploit mismatches first. That's why Indiana was able to eliminate New York so easily. It's Melo or bust for them with the occasional role player showing up.

# 46 thedream2k13 @ 09/12/13 08:37 AM
Same thing year after year grown men fighting over irrelevant overall ratings. Sutton just make sure you get the new xbox so Dwight and hibbert can go to war

# 47 Melbournelad @ 09/12/13 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Same thing year after year grown men fighting over irrelevant overall ratings
Haha yeah overall ratings are redudant, but when people are complaining that Roy Hibbert doesn't have a high enough overall i have to point out that we just haven't seen enough evidence to support a raise.

# 48 ksuttonjr76 @ 09/12/13 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
You know, i hear alot of criticism about pg's offensive game. But really his numbers are limited because idianna's system doesn't require a dominant scorer. notice there 3 leading scorers all averaged around the same amount of points per game. His offense isn't good enough to rely upon, and he does turnover the ball alot, but his offense is underrated at times, mainly due to indiannas system of more or less feed the hot hand, or whoever has the best matchup offensively that night.
I said the same exact in the thread about Hibbert's rating! However, I would love to see the individual ratings for PG. Even I have to admit that 88 seems high for an elite defender with slightly above average offense.

# 49 Guapo516 @ 09/12/13 09:14 AM
Man, I don't understand some of these comments. If anything Paul George got slightly lower than he deserves. Dude was unbelievable in the playoffs. My other beef is Brooke Lopez's rating dude is at least a 83-85. Especially if hibbert is a 81 Brooke's alil better than Roy.

# 50 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/12/13 10:39 AM
He'll live up to that 88

# 51 stillfeelme @ 09/12/13 10:43 AM
Quote:
I said the same exact in the thread about Hibbert's rating! However, I would love to see the individual ratings for PG. Even I have to admit that 88 seems high for an elite defender with slightly above average offense.
Maybe a roster maker can chime in but there could be something under the hood that determines a boost to the overall maybe role. I know position plays a role to overall rating in 2K13. If 2K rated him based off the regular season PG will be somewhere in the low to mid 80's. If they used the playoffs maybe a slight raise but still minor but it will be awareness and consistency please 2K don't overrate his mid range game.

# 52 KingKongBundyIsFat @ 09/12/13 10:45 AM
I'm a huge PG fan, and I think that an 88 rating is about right for him. But that 88 should be predicated primarily on defense and athleticism.

I have no idea where this idea that he's an excellent shooter is coming from. He shot like 37% from 3 just last season, and his career hasn't even had an upward trend. If Gerald Henderson, who shot almost the exact same percentage last season, is going to get another 3-point rating in the high 50s (meaning he basically can't shoot threes at all) then there's no way PG should be any higher than a 75-77. Half the problem with 3-point shooting in this series has always been how overrated everyone is.

# 53 Optik @ 09/12/13 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Maybe a roster maker can chime in but there could be something under the hood that determines a boost to the overall maybe role. I know position plays a role to overall rating in 2K13. If 2K rated him based off the regular season PG will be somewhere in the low to mid 80's. If they used the playoffs maybe a slight raise but still minor but it will be awareness and consistency please 2K don't overrate his mid range game.
They should keep that message in mind for every perimeter player. Too many of them are good at it off the dribble that it stretches the defence unrealistically far.

Also, I get the impression that consistency is just judged subjectively like offensive and defensive awareness. I'm guessing that's why the stat number is always in multiples of five. But don't 2K know that there is already a completely objective way to calculate consistency? You just take their average FG% over the whole season and calculate the mean standard deviation (MSD). The bigger the standard deviation (away from the mean), the lower the consistency. They could even make it more accurate by adding consistency stats based on the MSD for every single shot, including shots like layup, post fade, post hook etc.

# 54 stillfeelme @ 09/12/13 11:13 AM
Optik I agree 100%. I hope something like that will be in for next gen especially for shooting. So a player's consistency should change his play independently on areas so seperate consistency ratings. So someone can be a consistent FT shooter but streaky mid range shooter. Consistency and awareness can swing the overall a good bit.

# 55 OkayC @ 09/12/13 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EASTS2k
84-85 3 point? he shoots like 35% which is around league average
80 ball handling? i'll give you 70-75
85 defensive rebounding? 75-80
80-85 consistency???? He's one of the most unconsistent players in the game (among stars). If he's hot, he's hot; cold, cold. C'mon now, do you even watch Pacers games? And his offensive awareness should be lower because of he's turnover prone. And he only shoots 41% from the field, c'mon now.
3pt shot rtg is fine, considering steph curry has like a 92 3pt rating, and irl he shot 44% from 3. so pg should be about 80(give or take, mainly take) in 3pt shot(he shot 36% on the year which isn't bad). rebounding is fine where its at cosidering he had about 8 rebounds per game, some bigs don't even get that. 80 ball handling is fine because, he's a good ball handler, and does most of the ball handling along side george hill. consistency is a little high, but overall, I think 88 is just a few points too high for him, considering his fg% and turnover rate. But his turnover rate will probably reduce this year, cuz last year he was sorta thrust into the ball handler position. So his ovrl should be about 86.

Side note: his passing should be sorta low, along with his mid range game.

# 56 OkayC @ 09/12/13 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Haha yeah overall ratings are redudant, but when people are complaining that Roy Hibbert doesn't have a high enough overall i have to point out that we just haven't seen enough evidence to support a raise.
I understand his frustration though with hibberts rating. Because some dudes played bad last year(melo cough cough) and still got high ratings. I get if you were injured or what not, but if your gonna give low ratings to players who were bad or inconsistent, give low ratings to them all. hibbert was like a 78 last year, i honestly believe that since the all star break and on, he shoulda went up to 81. and dudes like melo, jr and dwade should've dropped as the year progressed. Of course ratings don't really mean much at all, but this favortism to bigger market teams does peeve some people.

# 57 ClevelandFan @ 09/12/13 12:25 PM
PG is definitely too high

# 58 HealyMonster @ 09/12/13 01:06 PM
for those of you guys saying its too high, ratings should just be based on stats, is that what you are saying? I see a lot of justification and rhetoric going on here calling out numbers as if you guys know what you are talking about.

For those of you ratings scientists, why dont you let the rest of us know how ratings are determined by 2K. unless you know how they made their ratings, there is no way to say if its too high or too low, i dont get all the math being done in here. what if dudes offensive ratings are mid 70's, and his defense ratings are all mid 90's, and the end result is 88.

# 59 Blackhail92 @ 09/12/13 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
I understand his frustration though with hibberts rating. Because some dudes played bad last year(melo cough cough) and still got high ratings. I get if you were injured or what not, but if your gonna give low ratings to players who were bad or inconsistent, give low ratings to them all. hibbert was like a 78 last year, i honestly believe that since the all star break and on, he shoulda went up to 81. and dudes like melo, jr and dwade should've dropped as the year progressed. Of course ratings don't really mean much at all, but this favortism to bigger market teams does peeve some people.
melo had a bad year? lol yikes. Considering he averaged 23 on 43 percent shooting in the lockout year and this year avg 29 7 and 3. on 45 percent shooting and 38 from three and won a scoring title, id say it was a pretty good yea. He was 3rd in MVP voting and 4th in PER behind lebron, KD and CP3. He also went 4 games shooting 60 percent from the field while averging 40 points.(mostly jumpshots which makes it even more crazy).

For jr and wade you have points. but considering heat won again wade isnt going to be bumped too much. jr would be fine if they had a inconsistent sig skill. but yea

# 60 Melbournelad @ 09/12/13 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
melo had a bad year? lol yikes. Considering he averaged 23 on 43 percent shooting in the lockout year and this year avg 29 7 and 3. on 45 percent shooting and 38 from three and won a scoring title, id say it was a pretty good yea. He was 3rd in MVP voting and 4th in PER behind lebron, KD and CP3. He also went 4 games shooting 60 percent from the field while averging 40 points.(mostly jumpshots which makes it even more crazy).

For jr and wade you have points. but considering heat won again wade isnt going to be bumped too much. jr would be fine if they had a inconsistent sig skill. but yea
He played very good in 12-13, but I'm not sure you should mention the lockout year. 43% shooting is bad...

Also PER slightly favours players who attempt more shots, if your looking for an overall stat WS/48 would probably be a bit better than PER.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.