Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Check out Da_Czar's thoughts on NBA 2K14's pick and roll improvements and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 juicey79 @ 09/13/13 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Czar is the Andre 3000 of video game breakdowns. You rarely see him put out material, but it is always on point when he does. Good vid czar.
That is a perfect comparison...great job czar...I'm curious have you seen Nything NBA Live?
I'm surprised that EA hasn't reached out to the community Kings to present a glimpse and get some feed back.

# 22 juicey79 @ 09/13/13 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
These are freelance pick and roll plays. If you find any videos of me saying 2k13 freelance spacing in pick and roll was PERFECT you might have a point.

The only videos I released for 2k13 were half court set offensive plays including the horns series... http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...HA2p_Lh2XjL6lY

If you have listened to my radio show I have complained about 2k13's spacing all year long.

That said isn't it common sense that more flaws will be apparent in a game almost a year after it has been released rather than a month before the new game is released ?

And yes if the spacing in 15 is improved even more than it is now I may make another video illustrating how it has improved, and after 9 months of playing 2k14 I am sure I will be able to find more flaws than I was able to see today.
Czar what rosters were you using in your video? Looks like you had past teams.

Thanks for your analysis and education.

# 23 Da_Czar @ 09/13/13 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey79
Czar what rosters were you using in your video? Looks like you had past teams.

Thanks for your analysis and education.
Sellaz 87 roster and Rays 80's volume 3 I believe were in that video. I probably have the names a little off but they are all in OS Roster forum.

# 24 Da_Czar @ 09/13/13 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey79
That is a perfect comparison...great job czar...I'm curious have you seen Nything NBA Live?
I'm surprised that EA hasn't reached out to the community Kings to present a glimpse and get some feed back.
Officially no. Juicy. Off the books I have been asked my opinion on a few things but no eyes on so far.

# 25 bigeastbumrush @ 09/13/13 04:29 PM
All I can say is...Czar I hope they're cutting you that check bruh.

My goodness. Phenomenal breakdown.

# 26 vannwolfhawk @ 09/13/13 05:20 PM
Great video! This has bugged me for years on both sides of the ball. Making the extra pass because of proper spacing and rotations should equal to some good scoring opportunities now. Then we hope that pass speed being sped up and close out speed being slowed down and not overpowered we could see some very realistic basketball action after the PNR and a pass has been made from within that play.

Good stuff czar!

# 27 vannwolfhawk @ 09/13/13 05:31 PM
On a side coaching note: in a spread PNR situation like this I always have the weak side corner defender in strong help side defense taking away the PNR. I never understood having top defender helping leaving the wide open 3. If you can contain the ball handler from getting into the paint or to the baseline that skip pass from 1 side of the court to the opposite corner is nearly impossible to make. And if it is made plenty of time for a good close out. But that's just my defensive philosophy...

# 28 ffaacc03 @ 09/13/13 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Great video! This has bugged me for years on both sides of the ball. Making the extra pass because of proper spacing and rotations should equal to some good scoring opportunities now. Then we hope that pass speed being sped up and close out speed being slowed down and not overpowered we could see some very realistic basketball action after the PNR and a pass has been made from within that play.

Good stuff czar!
Agreed, hope specialy for the bolded red. Any general & team to team customization of all these, would be icing on the cake.

Now, eager to see improvements on playcalling and plays execution, for both, HUM & CPU.

Da-Czar, you should just be given the green light to showcase most of the additions and improvements ... maybe then you can teamup with Mo for something and bring us heaven on earth

This is how you hype a game !

P.S:
With what appears to be an overall improved defense (P/R, on ball and rotation), lets try and get the newer defensive schemes in for 2k15
Sorry, had to, hehehe.

Edit:
Ah, vannwolfhawk, you beat me to it, as I said above, we need more distinct defenses, maybe for 15 we can get something alike the one you described and be able to assign it on a team per team case.
Anyways, am hyped.

# 29 Guapo516 @ 09/13/13 05:53 PM
Czar kept it real with this it wasn't just pro 2k. No disrespect but I'm really surprised by how much Dude really knows the game and I tip my cap 2 dude. What I will say tho is as much as we want this to be perfect it can't be and shouldn't be. The real life game of ball isn't perfect. For example the amare post up is something amare may have done last year from time to time with his new found post game, so if that's something that happened from time to time I could accept that because we want it authentic to these players likeness so much. It's probably not something 2k is putting in there purposely but if I saw amare or melo posting inappropriately I could accept it cause its what I see in real life from time to time.

# 30 JasonWilliams55 @ 09/13/13 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
This is how you hype a game for OSers!

P.S:
With what appears to be an overall improved defense (P/R, on ball and rotation), lets try and get the newer defensive schemes in for 2k15
Sorry, had to, hehehe.

Edit:
Ah, vannwolfhawk, you beat me to it, as I said above, we need more distinct defenses, maybe for 15 we can get something alike the one you described and be able to assign it on a team per team case.
Anyways, am hyped.
Fixed 1st bolded part.

2nd bolded part; I sent in this request to Beluba in December and got a reply that it was perfect timing... so hopefully its in this year CG and NG.

# 31 ffaacc03 @ 09/13/13 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
Fixed 1st bolded part.

2nd bolded part; I sent in this request to Beluba in December and got a reply that it was perfect timing... so hopefully its in this year CG and NG.
1. Indeed but I kind of feel that given how many hardcore/sim guys were not noticing the game improvements with what was released, videos such as this, that compare and detail what is new/improved, can also hype casuals whom tend to not notice such things even more.

2. Hopefully, we need to further distinct teams and to be able to edit, assign and customize it can only be positive.

P.S:
Posted on PS4 thread.

# 32 JasonWilliams55 @ 09/13/13 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
1. Indeed but I kind of feel that given how many hardcore/sim guys were not noticing the game improvements with what was released, videos such as this, that compare and detail what is new/improved, can also hype casuals whom tend to not notice such things even more.

2. Hopefully, we need to further distinct teams and to be able to edit, assign and customize it can only be positive.

P.S:
Posted on PS4 thread.
They are not hardcore ballers if they didn't notice this... unfortunately alot of fake simheads on here. As for casuals, they still wouldn't know what he is talking about anyways.

# 33 kevmasood @ 09/13/13 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Sellaz 87 roster and Rays 80's volume 3 I believe were in that video. I probably have the names a little off but they are all in OS Roster forum.
The second time , I watched it iwas like, look at the old skool players on the court, just downloaded that RayRay roster yesterday, on point, GREAT WORK on the pick n roll #PREZ

# 34 Vni @ 09/13/13 06:34 PM
That's a PC roster right?

# 35 Sinner @ 09/13/13 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
They are not hardcore ballers if they didn't notice this... unfortunately alot of fake simheads on here. As for casuals, they still wouldn't know what he is talking about anyways.
Have no problem admitting i'm not a hardcore baller and of course totally missed that..love watching basketball and try to play as sim as possible and even i'm excited now that it's been pointed out for me in that vid. Lol nice work Czar

# 36 Da_Czar @ 09/13/13 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
That's a PC roster right?
No sir. Xbox 360 rosters! Guys release some nice ones late in the year once all the tools become available.

# 37 raiderphantom @ 09/13/13 07:00 PM
Pick and roll spacing was nearly flawless in 2K11, can't they just copy from that game? I don't know anything about writing code, but this is a huge part of gameplay. Honestly, it just sounds like this issue was neglected too much.

# 38 Da_Czar @ 09/13/13 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
Have no problem admitting i'm not a hardcore baller and of course totally missed that..love watching basketball and try to play as sim as possible and even i'm excited now that it's been pointed out for me in that vid. Lol nice work Czar
Sinner you are exactly my intended target audience. If we as a community can help you and others build an appetite and appreciation for these kinds of additions. We grow our influence and in my mind our ability to get more things like this added.

Don't get me wrong I love preaching to the choir as it were. LOL, but the point is to grow and educate the community so that we have MORE people joining in the movement to make these games more realistic.

# 39 blues rocker @ 09/13/13 07:55 PM
good video, Czar.

# 40 shegotgame @ 09/13/13 09:40 PM
Excellent breakdown Czar. Thank you.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.