Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Check out Da_Czar's thoughts on NBA 2K14's pick and roll improvements and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 ffaacc03 @ 09/17/13 06:26 PM
Beyond fixing those ocurrences and recurrences, a thing I would appreciate to see is plays/freelance execution tied to ratings, specially to Offensive and Defensive awareness. I would love to experience further distinction from good and bad offenses and from great to awfull defenses.

Teams with players and coaches without any regards on D, should struggle: to rotate propperly, to know when to play tight and when to play loose, when and who to double, with whom and from where.

Teams with players and coaches with limited offensive awareness, should struggle: to complete the plays as intended, to create and exploit favorable matchups, to know when to cut, to create space, to keep the ball, etc.

I fear that they might go the "perfection" route and blurr the line that make teams be/feel/play/look different from one to another, that is why instead, I want it to be related to the awareness of players and coaches. I am in no way or form suggesting that bad teams always fail to do propper defense or offense, but that they get affected more regulary than the good teams, by those impropper ocurrences.

YET, all editable, not only as an inssurance, incase the new dynamic rosters are still flawed, but as this is the only way that we can all fit the game into each and everyone of our views. Here is to hope for that.

P.S:
Also, for 2k15, as we have been able to assign plays to teams on the O side, I would love to also assign specific plays (more, like the new d schemes, as ice and such) to teams on the D side. Hopefully we get them implemented.

# 62 Da_Czar @ 09/17/13 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Beyond fixing those ocurrences and recurrences, a thing I would love to see is plays/freelance execution tied to ratings, specially to Offensive and Defensive awareness. I would love to see further distinction from good and bad offenses and from great to awfull defenses.

Teams with players and coaches without any regards on D, should struggle: to rotate propperly, to know when to play tight and when to play loose, when and who to double, with whom and from where.

Teams with players and coaches with limited offensive awareness, should struggle: to complete the plays as intended, to create and exploit favorable matchups, to know when to cut, to create space, to keep the ball, etc.

I fear that they might go the "perfection" route and blurr the line that make teams be/feel/play/look different from one to another, that is why instead, I want it to be related to the awareness of players and coaches. I am in no way or form suggesting that bad teams always fail to do propper defense or offense, but that they get affected more regulary than the good teams, by those impropper ocurrences.

YET, all editable, not only as an inssurance, incase the new dynamic rosters are still flawed, but as this is the only way that we can all fit the game into each and everyone of our views. Here is to hope for that.

P.S:
Also, for 2k15, as we have been able to assign plays to teams on the O side, I would love to also assign specific plays (more, like the new d schemes, as ice and such) to teams on the D side. Hopefully we get them implemented.
Love that. So far it's been hard enough to get perfect right. LOL. So for 2k at least, in my opinion, they need to perfect how it should work and function and then make those adjustments as you suggested.

# 63 ffaacc03 @ 09/17/13 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Love that. So far it's been hard enough to get perfect right. LOL. So for 2k at least, in my opinion, they need to perfect how it should work and function and then make those adjustments as you suggested.
I know, I know ... but considering how far we have come since the days of double dribble to 2k13 (despite whatever its bugs, shortcommings or setbacks) and even narrowing it to just the 2k series; I think eventually (IMHO sooner rather than later), you will get it.

I am optimistic: based on the yearly effort put out by the devs and you; by how devs/2k seem to be not only listening to the community (yet we still want/need more, much more, specially looking at you: association) but also how they are integrating some prominent members of it/us (looking at you and Leftos); by considering the prowess of these next gen consoles and their supposedly ease to add content and without sacrificing graphics, simultaneously run multiple support programs such as physics, AI enhancers; etc ...

Then again, what I am also saying is that getting perfection, implies some imperfection within it and is that imperfection that may help to further distinct teams on both sides of the court (O & D).

Anyways, we should be in good hands and am looking forward to see some indepth insights and videos of 2k14, preferably next gen, but IŽll take anything right now, as the evident advancements made for current gen version just end equally hyping me for NG.

# 64 StankonYa @ 09/19/13 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Fantastic breakdown Czar

Shows what intricate work has been put in and how some little things go unnoticed in quick show videos
This...
took the words right out my mouth. Good work Czar.

# 65 CK_ColdGame @ 09/19/13 03:22 AM
Its crazy how most guys dont even notice these minor details. Glad you use your platform to school us all....

# 66 raiderphantom @ 09/19/13 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
Sadly, calling an iso doesn't help (in 2k13), simply because of the 'uncoordinated movement'. Players will still run into the paint for no reason, drawing their defenders closer to the ball handler and cutting off the lane.
If you run an angled or corner pick and roll after calling an Iso, the other big loves post up on the strong side low block, getting directly in the way of the big rolling to the hoop. Even worse, the opposing big defending down low doesn't react to the rolling big so the 2 guys battling in the post act as a back screen for the roller to be wide open when the roller goes baseline. It's just ugly. I know it's happened to everyone, if you guys could follow what I was saying lol

# 67 Earl1963 @ 12/04/13 04:05 PM
The pick and roll is still crappy. There's another hoop game out there that nails it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.