Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports has confirmed the details for NBA 2K14 "CREWS" mode. Unfortunately, it's not all good news for CREW fans.

Quote:
Your gameday attire will be reflected on your MyPLAYER during matches. Games can be either 3v3 on half-court, or 5v5 on full-court. These will be played on a blacktop court to reflect the pick-up game style of basketball. The games will be to 21.

Source - Crews in NBA 2K14

NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Jrocc23 @ 09/13/13 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
But I dont respect them for hyping it up for weeks like the real crew in its real form is coming back when all they did was add uniforms and a leader board to blacktop.
I definitely don't respect that, but I respect the fact they told us before we bought it and noticed it was just 21. This is terrible though lol.

# 22 green225 @ 09/13/13 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Ain't happening bruh.
2k14 isn't happening either.

# 23 yungsta404 @ 09/13/13 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
LD2k is a real man. He's willing to write this knowing everyone will get mad at him about this. I'm a 50/50 on this, parts of Crew is slowing coming back (which is better than nothing,) but 5v5 as game to 21? Lol... I've played very fun 5v5 21 games with caps but why?

Tap Tap Tapatalking away from my iPhone
Well its his job hes the PR man he gets PAID to directly inform the public about 2k. He probably had to since it was part of their marketing plan/schedule.

# 24 MarvinOida @ 09/13/13 06:38 PM
I'm just gonna do what I did with 2K13, mod the game. Rosters modding will be more fun. Online will be a second thought and will be exclusively for when I get with friends. I'm not sure if the XBL will be worth it for this again.

Quote:
Well its his job hes the PR man he gets PAID to directly inform the public about 2k. He probably had to since it was part of their marketing plan/schedule.
Him and Ronnie are also the ones who take the hit. I remember when an OS user just went all complaint on Ld2k and rant like on him.

Tap Tap Tapatalking away from my iPhone

# 25 yungsta404 @ 09/13/13 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I definitely don't respect that, but I respect the fact they told us before we bought it and noticed it was just 21. This is terrible though lol.
well I guess it is better than what they did with 2k12 and acknowledged it a week after release that would of been down right dirty.

Yea to 21 is going to be TERRIBLE this means it will be blacktop rules.
No shooting fouls, No 3 secs in the key,most likely no reach in fouls etc...

# 26 Jrocc23 @ 09/13/13 06:45 PM
Quote:
well I guess it is better than what they did with 2k12 and acknowledged it a week after release that would of been down right dirty.

Yea to 21 is going to be TERRIBLE this means it will be blacktop rules.
No shooting fouls, No 3 secs in the key,most likely no reach in fouls etc...
Smh lol. All we can do is hope the "Crew Mode" we was teammates on in 2K11 returns next generation. Man, 2K dropped the ball.

# 27 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 09/13/13 06:53 PM
Stats tracking? Lol the 7"3 dude that stands in the paint all day leads CREWS in PPG at 16pts

# 28 Optik @ 09/13/13 06:54 PM
This is basically Kspade's (and all crewheads) reaction to Crews news:

# 29 HakeemOlajuwon @ 09/13/13 06:54 PM
i can't believe they lie to us like this, just for their "Hypemachine" and create the buzz with their f**** codes during 2 weeks...

They even used Youtubers like marketing muppets to promote this fake Crew.
They have gone too far this time.

# 30 LD2k @ 09/13/13 06:59 PM
No hype machine. We were happy to announce Crews are back - with some tweaks. Dev's have reasoning for changing/adding/modifying stuff every year. I am happy fans will get Crew in some form for current-gen.

I am also aware of the arena, court and full-game (with quarters) requests. Definitely went to bat for many Crew fans. The important thing is, it's indeed back and they can build on it for the future.

People were clamoring for Crew information, and I was able to pull it for you via the extremely busy dev. team. I appreciate them answering the questions. I will always try to deliver information for our fans regardless.

# 31 MarvinOida @ 09/13/13 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
No hype machine. We were happy to announce Crews are back - with some tweaks. Dev's have reasoning for changing/adding/modifying stuff every year. I am happy fans will get Crew in some form for current-gen.

I am also aware of the arena, court and full-game (with quarters) requests. Definitely went to bat for many Crew fans. The important thing is, it's indeed back and they can build on it for the future.

People were clamoring for Crew information, and I was able to pull it for you via the extremely busy dev. team. I appreciate them answering the questions. I will always try to deliver information for our fans regardless.
Thanks LD2k, for the info. I understand that the main focus was to get the gameplay better, hoping you can give us more news on a lot of more things in the future. I was hoping for 5v5 w/ real foulsl(btw, are they in the mode? lol.)

btw, can you pass this list (attachment) on to the devs for future (Crew) reference?

# 32 Jrocc23 @ 09/13/13 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k

Respect LD. But, I thought you guys wasn't going to bring "Crew Mode" back until it was improved and ready to be brought back? This just isn't Crew and its definitely not improved on from 2K11 besides the hackers.

Hopefully, you look out for us and push the the real "Crew Mode" for the next generation.

# 33 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 09/13/13 07:07 PM
Since I started playing 2k on 360 with 2k7 gameplay has got better every yr but the other stuff took a pretty bad hit, online,crew(s),rosters,jersey colors(lol),etc

# 34 OkayC @ 09/13/13 07:07 PM
Don't care if its on blacktop, don't like thats its to 21.

# 35 Deck @ 09/13/13 07:08 PM
LD2K how like how you came clean and told us how it was going to be. I just feel you guys have been too busy with the next gen engine that can't focus on finishing stuff like we all would like.

# 36 bottledwaterfan25 @ 09/13/13 07:13 PM
Man, I feel kind of bad for LD2k now knowing he has to defend the douchebags he works with in the face of such overwhelming outrage and disappointment from the fans. Sucks because LD2k seems like he would love to put out a good crew mode, but the people that are in charge of that just don't seem to care whatsoever about the fans, and correctly implementing "the most requested game mode".

# 37 yungsta404 @ 09/13/13 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Respect LD. But, I thought you guys wasn't going to bring "Crew Mode" back until it was improved and ready to be brought back? This just isn't Crew and its definitely not improved on from 2K11 besides the hackers.

Hopefully, you look out for us and push the the real "Crew Mode" for the next generation.
Im sure LD2k was one of the good guys pushing for the real crew to come back but it isnt up to him its up to the developers who have the final say.

# 38 MarvinOida @ 09/13/13 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottledwaterfan25
Man, I feel kind of bad for LD2k now knowing he has to defend the douchebags he works with in the face of such overwhelming outrage and disappointment from the fans. Sucks because LD2k seems like he would love to put out a good crew mode, but the people that are in charge of that just don't seem to care whatsoever about the fans, and correctly implementing "the most requested game mode".
Whoa bro, too far. I'm mad too with the 5v5 thing, the jerseys, LeBron: Path to Greatness, and a lot of things, but seriously, calling them THAT?

The fact stands that they are trying to make the game appeal for everyone, and that includes trying to give an attempt at Crew. i want to see the gameplay to do this the trick, because that was obviously their priority, rather than just keeping the same gameplay, not changing a thing, then making amazing Crews, but experience sucking. Cause if you notice, theres NOTHING with gamemodes, only gameplays and thats it.

# 39 green225 @ 09/13/13 07:33 PM
wait, so what was that we heard about playoff and season mode in crew a week ago??? obviously they won't try to give us season or playoffs with games up to 21. wonder if it's next gen crew news that broke early?

# 40 MarvinOida @ 09/13/13 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
wait, so what was that we heard about playoff and season mode in crew a week ago??? obviously they won't try to give us season or playoffs with games up to 21. wonder if it's next gen crew news that broke early?
Love to see a Thread post link, but I think that was myTEAM. If that was crew, than it makes sense, but I feel like I came up with that idea already or something close to that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.