Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports has confirmed the details for NBA 2K14 "CREWS" mode. Unfortunately, it's not all good news for CREW fans.

Quote:
Your gameday attire will be reflected on your MyPLAYER during matches. Games can be either 3v3 on half-court, or 5v5 on full-court. These will be played on a blacktop court to reflect the pick-up game style of basketball. The games will be to 21.

Source - Crews in NBA 2K14

NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 green225 @ 09/13/13 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Love to see a Thread post link, but I think that was myTEAM. If that was crew, than it makes sense, but I feel like I came up with that idea already or something close to that.
freakin my team. nobody asked for my team in the first place. can't believe they replaced crew with that crap.

# 42 MarvinOida @ 09/13/13 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
freakin my team. nobody asked for my team in the first place. can't believe they replaced crew with that crap.
Well, a lot people enjoy that mode, enough to make a sub-forum for that.

# 43 infam0us @ 09/13/13 08:00 PM
Quote:
Well, a lot people enjoy that mode, enough to make a sub-forum for that.
I can't recall people asking for the mode but yeah, its definitely a popular game mode. FIFA, Madden, NHL, MLB The Show they all have a variation of this mode. It's a cash cow and 2k would be stupid not to implement this mode. They make extra money off this mode with people spending money to get VC to get players.

# 44 RUFFNREADY @ 09/13/13 08:00 PM
Something had to give! Dumb down Crews for this gen or "??Crews???" for next-gen! What would you choose to work on? Next-gen, baby!
2K14 on the PS3 and Xbox360, is just a mouth teaser, for the XboxOne and the PS4 version!
A talking Lebron! (c'mon Son) Only on Next-gen! Something special better be coming out for PS4 and XboxOne!!!

cheers

# 45 Chocolate Chip @ 09/13/13 08:07 PM
pathetic
...they better add a tournament @ least

# 46 NINJAK2 @ 09/13/13 08:25 PM
If 2k would have called this Blacktop 2.0 and never uttered the word "Crews" like someone here suggested they probably would not be getting all this heat. Feel sorry for Ld2k and the 2k staff as they tried to please the Crew masses.

I really hope you have to atleast win by two if we can only play to 21.

# 47 Hadlowe @ 09/13/13 08:53 PM
The wording makes it sound more and more like Crews, even in the blacktop iteration, will not be a next-gen feature at all. I'm starting to get a little nervous about what actually will be in the next-gen version.

As a small aside, note that the player face on the created player looks exactly like every created player since 2k10. So no improvements there either

# 48 LD2k @ 09/13/13 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadlowe
. I'm starting to get a little nervous about what actually will be in the next-gen version.
Hmmm....

I'm not.

# 49 shegotgame @ 09/13/13 08:56 PM
I don't know, but sometimes I feel that OS will never be satisfied. Let's at least play the mode before we cry about injustice.

# 50 Jrocc23 @ 09/13/13 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shegotgame
I don't know, but sometimes I feel that OS will never be satisfied. Let's at least play the mode before we cry about injustice.
We don't need to play the mode to see its not the Crew Mode most of us wanted and our used to lol. This is Blacktop 2.0 like others have said.

# 51 Goffs @ 09/13/13 09:09 PM
I may be the minority here but I enjoyed blacktop and I look forward to playing this version with friends. My issue is trying to connect online...I would have 4 of my buddies ready to go but only 2 out of 4 connects.

How about some next gen servers or something so I don't have that frustration just trying to get a game going.

# 52 green225 @ 09/13/13 09:10 PM
so was anyone else's decision to sell their current gen system confirmed today after 2k let us know crew won't be in the game? mine was.

# 53 shegotgame @ 09/13/13 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
We don't need to play the mode to see its not the Crew Mode most of us wanted and our used to lol. This is Blacktop 2.0 like others have said.
There is a chance you might--gasp--enjoy it even if it's not what you had in mind. Or maybe it's the worst thing ever. Maybe we should picket.

# 54 Vni @ 09/13/13 09:16 PM
The good point is that it's on superstar sim. I'll sure check it out but I can see why the hardcore crew guys don't like it.

# 55 Deck @ 09/13/13 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
so was anyone else's decision to sell their current gen system confirmed today after 2k let us know crew won't be in the game? mine was.
Don't forget about GTA V !

# 56 Jrocc23 @ 09/13/13 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shegotgame
There is a chance you might--gasp--enjoy it even if it's not what you had in mind. Or maybe it's the worst thing ever. Maybe we should picket.
Bottom line, people has a right to complain because this isn't Crew Mode. It's Blacktop Mode and up to 21 points lol. No need to wait and see because we already know, thanks to LD.

# 57 MarvinOida @ 09/13/13 09:30 PM
Quote:
Bottom line, people has a right to complain because this isn't Crew Mode. It's Blacktop Mode and up to 21 points lol. No need to wait and see because we already know, thanks to LD.
The argument the poster is saying, it could still be fun... And isn't that the point? For enjoyment? Yeah, it's not the Crew we imagine but it could be fun. Key Word: COULD.

Tap Tap Tapatalking away from my iPhone

# 58 Jrocc23 @ 09/13/13 09:35 PM
Quote:
The argument the poster is saying, it could still be fun... And isn't that the point? For enjoyment? Yeah, it's not the Crew we imagine but it could be fun. Key Word: COULD.

It could be, just like blacktop for 2K13 was for some people. What I am trying to tell that person and you is its still a downgrade from 2K10-11. So, people have a right to complain. Don't need to play it to see its not Crew Mode. They are getting backlash because they said "Crew is back" when it's not. It's blacktop mode.

MP or association could still be fun, but you'll see a lot of people complaining if they took a lot of things away from it. No need to wait and see to complain like I've been saying.

# 59 MarvinOida @ 09/13/13 09:38 PM
Quote:
It could be, just like blacktop for 2K13 was for some people. What I am trying to tell that person and you is its still a downgrade from 2K10-11. So, people have a right to complain. Don't need to play it to see its not Crew Mode. They are getting backlash because they said "Crew is back" when it's not. It's blacktop mode.

MP or association could still be fun, but you'll see a lot of people complaining if they took a lot of things away from it. No need to wait and see to complain like I've been saying.
Yeah. I can't argue with the marketing choices. But it could be fun. If you bypass the name. But I know some of you just will not do that.

# 60 wisdom @ 09/13/13 09:40 PM
2k: ar ha ~ you guys don't like "crew mode" then nba 2k15 will take that mode out(ever gen)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.