Home
WWE 2K14 News Post

Bleacher Report continues their look at the 30 years of Wrestlemania mode with a look at the Attitude Era matches in the mode today.
  • WrestleMania 14: Undertaker vs. Kane
  • WrestleMania 15: The Rock vs. Steve Austin
  • WrestleMania 16: Triple H vs. the Rock Vs. Big Show vs. Mick Foley
  • WrestleMania 17: The Rock vs. Steve Austin

This list of course has some huge holes in it due to not having the ability to license several guys and some which are just puzzling period. All of the classic tag matches from these events aren't included, and the main event of WM 14 isn't in either (HBK vs. Steve Austin). There are a few other matches which obviously can't be licensed, but it's also clear that while the TV was great during this era of wrestling -- the wrestling itself was a little behind other eras in many ways.

What do you think about the Attitude era matches which made the cut?

Game: WWE 2K14Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
WWE 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Codysseus @ 09/18/13 11:18 AM
Not too keen on the middle two, but Austin/Rock from WM17 remains one of the greatest WWE matches I've ever seen. Austin's performance was just so ridiculously good. I'm interested to see how they handle it, really. So much of the greatness of that match hinged on his growing, rabid desperation until he finally snapped and "sold out" to Vince McMahon. That sort of character-based drama, especially as nuanced as this particular individual performance, will be tough to recreate in a video game.

# 2 SmashMan @ 09/18/13 12:29 PM
Austin-Michaels from WM 14 is an odd omission. I would think "Oh, they probably don't have Tyson again so they'll ditch the match since he counted the pin."

...but then they have Austin-Bret from 13 with no Shamrock.

# 3 krildog @ 09/18/13 12:34 PM
2 of the 4 matches were in Attitude Era mode last year. 50% recycling rate for this section. Not good.

# 4 lynkraid @ 09/18/13 01:28 PM
TLC from Wrestlemania 16 should of been in. Why couldn't they of added LOD 2000 vs the Outlaws, or HHH vs Owen, or maybe Butterbean vs Bart Gunn, for the laughs at least. But WM17 my god are they missing some matches, Undertaker vs HHH, Shane vs Vince, Kane vs Raven vs Big Show (it was a pretty cool hardcore match and could of been used to add some backstage and stage elements to the game. Hopefully some of the lesser famous matches make it in.

# 5 Gramps91 @ 09/18/13 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krildog
2 of the 4 matches were in Attitude Era mode last year. 50% recycling rate for this section. Not good.
yea I kinda feel the same way, but meh I'm not really to enthralled by this mode in the first place. Really wanting some Universe Mode news.

# 6 dochalladay32 @ 09/18/13 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krildog
Care to suggest something better? HBK vs. Austin would have been recycled as well. Would you rather have Boss Man vs. Undertaker? Shane vs. XPac? I mean, they got all they could out of Wrestlemania XV.

# 7 fpac @ 09/18/13 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynkraid
TLC from Wrestlemania 16 should of been in. Why couldn't they of added LOD 2000 vs the Outlaws, or HHH vs Owen, or maybe Butterbean vs Bart Gunn, for the laughs at least. But WM17 my god are they missing some matches, Undertaker vs HHH, Shane vs Vince, Kane vs Raven vs Big Show (it was a pretty cool hardcore match and could of been used to add some backstage and stage elements to the game. Hopefully some of the lesser famous matches make it in.
Half the people you mentioned we knew weren't in the game so there was no way those matches would be in.

It's a given that Taker/HHH 2 and or 3 are in (plus they were considered better than the 1st by most) so that's why the match from 17 isn't.

# 8 almostbobsaget @ 09/18/13 07:56 PM
Like I said before, there's a chance some lesser known matches make it in as bonus matches.

# 9 UMhester04 @ 09/18/13 11:22 PM
wish we could have the triple threat tag team TLC match in

# 10 redapple @ 10/10/13 03:36 AM
No Shawn Michaels vs Stone Cold Steve AustinWrestleMania XIV??? WFT?!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.