Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has released their NBA Live 14 gameplay trailer, which features a first look at their game in action. We figured it would be short, let us know what you think.

In the coming weeks expect to hear a lot more about NBA Live 14, some of the nuggets we are expecting to learn about are the 50+ signature styles in the game, Connected Experiences, and more game modes. It appears as if the Live 14 hype train has finally left the station and it's expected we'll see a lot more on this game in the next several weeks.

We've also captured some screenshots from the video. Obviously, they will look better in 1080p, these were captured in 720p.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 281 Jay Jay @ 09/21/13 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Nice way to twist what I said.

Let's turn it around on Live-- so I shouldn't expect anything more than an extended dribbling demo with all the terrible gameplay of Live 11-13 and a few good parts of Live 10?

Honestly I'd be happy with improved 2k current gen with a massive graphics overhaul. It'll likely still be a better game than Live this iteration.

Live might put out a mediocre to decent game this year and that would be a huge thing getting the franchise off it's feet, but I really don't understand certain Live "fans" (what they fans of, the brand? Certainly not the nonexistent games) and their willingness to take things on blind faith when it comes to all things EA and not extend 2k the same.

As customers, WE don't have to make peace with anything. It behooves us to be cautious and skeptical given EA's past record and developmental realties.

There's another saying that goes, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times-- is that you EA?"
No need to even talk to you anymore cause you will settle for a graphic upgrade. SMH

For the record tho im excited about what they are showing me beyond graphics.

# 282 Jay Jay @ 09/21/13 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
You shouldn't expect too much from any game then huh

Galaxy Note 2
Sports games for sure.

# 283 knick9 @ 09/22/13 01:48 AM
Think someone at 2K is a little nervous. There's a bunch of fake accounts on Twitter all saying the exact same thing:

"The graphics on nba live 14 are garbo...#only2kplz"

Funny.

# 284 Boilerbuzz @ 09/22/13 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
Think someone at 2K is a little nervous. There's a bunch of fake accounts on Twitter all saying the exact same thing:

"The graphics on nba live 14 are garbo...#only2kplz"

Funny.
What makes an account fake? If you can tweet, sounds like a real account. I'm sure you can find a bunch of "fake" accounts saying the exact opposite. Your account will likely be one, right?

# 285 King_B_Mack @ 09/22/13 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoAwesome
2k is going to be a port while Live game is made for Next Gen. So at least, thats one advtange for NBA Live 14.
And you know 2K is a port how? How would that be an advantage for Live again anyway?

# 286 JBulls @ 09/22/13 06:39 AM
Quote:
2k is going to be a port while Live game is made for Next Gen. So at least, thats one advtange for NBA Live 14.
You have no idea what you're talking about. In fact, judging by the most recent Live trailer you can clearly see some elements of Live '13 and Elite '11 being carried over to next-gen.

# 287 MarkWilliam @ 09/22/13 09:06 AM
Quote:
I don't want to be argumentative here, but I believe 2K have confirmed a separate team is working on the next gen version - if this is true, it won't be a port.....

That's off topic though, this is a Live thread and to comment on something current, I think the screens look very good. MSG is the stand out of the pics I think and a 5 on 5 (press cam) vid I am sure will be close to real life graphically...... dying to see one.....

Movement, animations etc, now that's a different story.....fingers crossed.....

COME ON LIVE!! I am personally rooting for EA. Really want to get a look at some of the other things being advertised (other than bouncetek). Like the authentic team defences, in bounds plays, individual team play styles, improved rim/net physics......

One can only assume the trailers to come will showcase these things....

# 288 m1ke_nyc @ 09/22/13 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
You shouldn't expect too much from any game then huh

Galaxy Note 2
This comment makes no sense. I have different expectations for a game that hit rock bottom and failed to be released for four years then a game that has consistently delivered a great product year in and year out. I expect next gen 2K to be good. I expect Live 14 to lay a solid foundation to build on. Live is not gonna be this awesome game, its just not. 2K has years of polish, Live is either starting over or fixing a broken engine. If Live 14 looks like crap they won't get my money. If its a solid game I may pick it up for a change of pace from 2K. Besides I expect a price drop for Live fairly quick.

# 289 LionsFanNJ @ 09/22/13 10:10 AM
Quote:
Please stop pulling hyperbolic and untrue comments out of thin air to push your favoritism forward. 2k already said they had a dedicated team working only on next gen. So your statement is false

# 290 knick9 @ 09/22/13 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Please stop pulling hyperbolic and untrue comments out of thin air to push your favoritism forward. 2k already said they had a dedicated team working only on next gen. So your statement is false
There's no way they have two independent teams working on each game. I'm sure they have programmers and such working only on next-gen but the main guys in charge are definitely working on both. Unless they sent all their talent from 2k13 to the next-gen side.

# 291 coolcras7 @ 09/22/13 12:11 PM
Quote:
The only bad thing about Live coming back this year are fan like this, we all want two good basketball games on the market, but blind devotion is never a good thing being able to provide constructive criticism is the only thing that will make a game better, when Elite was being produced we had guys on here claiming it to be the second coming and the death of 2k, even after all the negative videos we still had people claiming it was better than 2k.

# 292 King_B_Mack @ 09/22/13 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
There's no way they have two independent teams working on each game. I'm sure they have programmers and such working only on next-gen but the main guys in charge are definitely working on both. Unless they sent all their talent from 2k13 to the next-gen side.
Please, explain to us why there is no way and how you came to your conclusion oh great development guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
The only bad thing about Live coming back this year are fan like this, we all want two good basketball games on the market, but blind devotion is never a good thing being able to provide constructive criticism is the only thing that will make a game better, when Elite was being produced we had guys on here claiming it to be the second coming and the death of 2k, even after all the negative video we still had people claiming it was better than 2k.
Yeah, who was that one guy that paid like 90 or 100+ on that eBay copy after the game got cancelled and was talking about how the game was fun and not bad or something along those lines?

# 293 King_B_Mack @ 09/22/13 04:20 PM
Might wanna edit that post for the language man. Just sayin

# 294 Sundown @ 09/22/13 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
No need to even talk to you anymore cause you will settle for a graphic upgrade. SMH

For the record tho im excited about what they are showing me beyond graphics.
I'll settle for a game that will definitely be improved in gameplay, graphics, and almost certainly be better than Live this year.

I won't settle for continued stagnation after this year, of course. 2K needs to work on foot planting for next gen if they haven't already.

So I'll "settle" for whichever game is better each year, and it looks like it's going to be 2K for 2014. I'm not going to settle for EA's marketing hype and promises of "innovation" if a team can't actually execute and if it doesn't result in a better game, or any game at all-- but it appears that rabid EA fans have learned to settle for grandiose promises with no actual game to play the past few years, and now they'll settle for mediocre screenshots, fabricated CG sequences, and tiny snippets of sort-of-gameplay before placing all their trust in Live over 2K.

Anyway, straw man arguments don't really lead to constructive conversation, but it seems like you're not particularly interested in that as you've made up your mind regardless of realities.

I'll throw you Live fanboys a bone. MSG looks fantastic. Hard to see but the poses of the players look kind of dopey though. It might be that Live doesn't have polished defensive awareness animations yet, as some observed in the trailer of whoever was guarding Kyrie.

# 295 Sundown @ 09/22/13 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Some of you guys defending Live are acting like females. Hella quick to start throwing out accusations that make no sense
Logic doesn't work that well on women either. *shrug*

# 296 Jay Jay @ 09/22/13 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I'll settle for a game that will definitely be improved in gameplay, graphics, and almost certainly be better than Live this year.

I won't settle for continued stagnation after this year, of course. 2K needs to work on foot planting for next gen if they haven't already.

So I'll "settle" for whichever game is better each year, and it looks like it's going to be 2K for 2014. I'm not going to settle for EA's marketing hype and promises of "innovation" if a team can't actually execute and if it doesn't result in a better game, or any game at all-- but it appears that rabid EA fans have learned to settle for grandiose promises with no actual game to play the past few years, and now they'll settle for mediocre screenshots, fabricated CG sequences, and tiny snippets of sort-of-gameplay before placing all their trust in Live over 2K.

Anyway, straw man arguments don't really lead to constructive conversation, but it seems like you're not particularly interested in that as you've made up your mind regardless of realities.

I'll throw you Live fanboys a bone. MSG looks fantastic. Hard to see but the poses of the players look kind of dopey though. It might be that Live doesn't have polished defensive awareness animations yet, as some observed in the trailer of whoever was guarding Kyrie.
Reality is im tired of the same issues warping, sliding, no contact, and more. This stuff still exist in 2k's game and honestly its horrible. I don't care how pretty it is when those issues keep happening because the outcome is not real. As of right now EA is the only one thats trying to fix those issues and thats not to say 2k isn't but they haven't showed me nothing yet. So until then im more interested in EA's showing because truth is we been long over due for better b-ball gameplay. Fifa, Nhl, Madden, and Ncaa have gotten better, why haven't b-ball?

For the record im not a fan boy of either game its just like call of duty I got tired of that and when Battlefeild 3 came call of duty been collecting dust ever since and I hated the bf series.

# 297 Jay Jay @ 09/22/13 09:29 PM
[quote=Big FN Deal;2045489094]The bold almost got me banned, I dare you make this claim! lol
I am a basketball video game casual at this point but suggesting that football video games have progressed further than basketball video games this console gen is simply not true. I understand you want more from basketball video games and I can respect that but let's not get carried away, lol.[/QUOTE Technolgy wise it have and thats not saying they're the best but the potential is there. LMAO

# 298 Boilerbuzz @ 09/23/13 02:04 AM
Quote:
I get that déjà vu feeling here! Is this what everyone was whining about back in 2005?! How'd that work out?

And since when did EA claim that they threw away all of the Live or Elite codebase. I swear some folks come off as the most gullible people.

# 299 Gosens6 @ 09/23/13 09:12 PM
This thread is nothing but a company war, coupled in with a bunch of people who have no idea what they're talking about. It's to the point where it's just Live Vs. 2K, and people making up things to make their game look better than the other.

It's not even about the trailer anymore, it's just company wars. I'll never understand any of this.

# 300 Jay Jay @ 09/23/13 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
This thread is nothing but a company war, coupled in with a bunch of people who have no idea what they're talking about. It's to the point where it's just Live Vs. 2K, and people making up things to make their game look better than the other.

It's not even about the trailer anymore, it's just company wars. I'll never understand any of this.
Thats because its people that cant stand Live no matter what they do. Its so bad that I've seen people thats on these forms commenting on videos about Live on youtube for no reason and the funny part is they claim not to be a fan of either on here.

Then we have people that feel the need to remind us of Live past every time Live release info. We know what happened and just because we don't talk about it don't mean we forgot. I don't even post that much because of the childish acts of most around here and I been on this site since 05.

Its the fanboys that go off topic and even a few mods.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.