Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

While Nike, Adidas, Jordan, Spalding and Under Armour will return this year, 2K Sports will add Peak, Anta and Li-Ning shoes to NBA 2K14. Updated releases of signature shoes and color ways will be available throughout the season, as shoe brands reveal them.

To see some of the new shoes you will see in the game, click here.

Source - Shoes in NBA 2K14

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 23 @ 09/19/13 03:01 PM
I like what I see so far. We have these on 2k13 pc already though so seeing them here too is pretty cool.

That said, I hope the shoes dont like graphical meshes. Those high tops in the game were awful, especially the under armour shoes, and low res as well.

# 2 Slava Medvadenko @ 09/19/13 03:07 PM
Nice to get some of the niche brands in the game. It would be great if we can have the option to be endorsed by these other brands in My Career.

# 3 blingballa333 @ 09/19/13 03:09 PM
Looks good. Love the new brand additions. Should add even more authenticity to the game. Although it's a huge ? on whether or not they'll look good in-game. 2K has never been too gifted in that aspect, not since 2k7-2k8 atleast. Go back and play those games and you'll be surprised how high-res the shoes look.

# 4 JasonWilliams55 @ 09/19/13 03:10 PM
Was hoping to get a little more insight on shoes... but the shoes look nice. Now hopefully they are all high-res, NG they better be.

# 5 swaggedout @ 09/19/13 03:11 PM
Looking good. Lets see how they translate in game. We saw a few in these gameplay videos, but seeing them on my tv will be better. Overall, good looking. Shoes down, accessories next.

# 6 King_B_Mack @ 09/19/13 03:18 PM
Quote:
Then there are updated color ways. One prime example of this is when Christmas time rolls around and players are wearing their Christmas edition shoes, you’ll see those updates in NBA 2K14.
This is interesting to me. Considering they never give you the option to edit other players in modes like MyCareer, I hope this means that the colorways will change on their own to reflect things like that in game. For example if I'm playing MyCareer or even Association. During the season LeBron is wearing his home and away colorways of his shoes. When Christmas rolls around, hopefully the shoe's Christmas colorway is what he's wearing automatically as opposed to just the regular home/away color in MyCareer or me having to manually change it in Association.

# 7 J_Posse @ 09/19/13 03:33 PM
Hoping this doesn't mean that Reebok has been lost as a licensing partner. They just need to make sure that all shoes are high res or good quality with accurate color blocking. Can't wait to see how this will look on next-gen.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

# 8 d23x @ 09/19/13 03:52 PM
Can't wait to see the detail of the shoes in next gen. Not expecting much from the current gen as it pertains to shoes. Glad to see they got Li Ning in there!

# 9 The Kid 24 @ 09/19/13 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
This is interesting to me. Considering they never give you the option to edit other players in modes like MyCareer, I hope this means that the colorways will change on their own to reflect things like that in game. For example if I'm playing MyCareer or even Association. During the season LeBron is wearing his home and away colorways of his shoes. When Christmas rolls around, hopefully the shoe's Christmas colorway is what he's wearing automatically as opposed to just the regular home/away color in MyCareer or me having to manually change it in Association.
Hoping we get Home & Away equipment this year or at least on next gen!

# 10 grodbetatted @ 09/19/13 04:12 PM
but how will they actually look in game... 2k's shoes have always looked like blobs of color

# 11 King_B_Mack @ 09/19/13 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
but how will they actually look in game... 2k's shoes have always looked like blobs of color
Not true. Last year's shoe game was fine, visually.

# 12 juicey79 @ 09/19/13 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
Looks good. Love the new brand additions. Should add even more authenticity to the game. Although it's a huge ? on whether or not they'll look good in-game. 2K has never been too gifted in that aspect, not since 2k7-2k8 atleast. Go back and play those games and you'll be surprised how high-res the shoes look.
I agree with you on the low resolution shoes...I wonder if they had to lower the RES do to memory capacity.
because they have added a ton as they released new iterations of the game.

# 13 VDusen04 @ 09/19/13 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I don't have my hopes up for this year in that regard but at some point, I feel like that has to be inevitable. And when that happens, it'll be pretty awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Hoping we get Home & Away equipment this year or at least on next gen!
I understand there may have been technical complications in making this a reality in recent years. But still, if someone were to tell me back in 2006 that we'd go the entire length of a generation's worth of consoles and 2K still wouldn't be able to figure out how to add authentic and accurate colorways that automatically correspond to each team's home and away games, I'd have immediately balked at your assertion.

# 14 bigball12 @ 09/19/13 05:27 PM
Now there is absolutely no excuse for ANY NBA player in the game to have generic shoes.

# 15 richlane007 @ 09/19/13 05:36 PM
wow. who cares.

# 16 JJRuelz @ 09/19/13 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlane007
wow. who cares.
read the comments obliviously several people care

# 17 strobox88 @ 09/19/13 05:49 PM
I always loved the shoe feature but my only gripe is how bad they looked in the game. Can we get some HD textures this year or what? I wouldn't be mad if they didn't, but this is a must-have for next-gen. Just sayin'.

# 18 JJRuelz @ 09/19/13 06:06 PM
low quality

high quality

nothing to worry about...

# 19 Gramps91 @ 09/19/13 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava Medvadenko
Nice to get some of the niche brands in the game. It would be great if we can have the option to be endorsed by these other brands in My Career.
exactly I hate being limited to Nike and Jordan. In 2k13 I wanted to wear converse in MyCareer but nope.

# 20 juicey79 @ 09/19/13 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRuelz
low quality

high quality

nothing to worry about...
Your kidding right? Next gen sneaks should look hella good

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.