Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

While Nike, Adidas, Jordan, Spalding and Under Armour will return this year, 2K Sports will add Peak, Anta and Li-Ning shoes to NBA 2K14. Updated releases of signature shoes and color ways will be available throughout the season, as shoe brands reveal them.

To see some of the new shoes you will see in the game, click here.

Source - Shoes in NBA 2K14

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Dimage25 @ 09/19/13 06:38 PM
Pictures of the shoes look pretty nice, wanna see them in game though, so would have been nice, had they posted a gameplay video, that shows us some closeups of the shoes in game. I like the fact that there are more shoe brands in 2k14, than there were in 2k13.

# 22 JJRuelz @ 09/19/13 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey79
Your kidding right? Next gen sneaks should look hella good
what do you mean?

# 23 Phreezy P @ 09/19/13 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRuelz
low quality

high quality

nothing to worry about...
How are you supposed to judge the quality of a shoe that is monochromatic for the most part and from not that close? Saying that those are low quality doesn't make any sense.

# 24 MarvinOida @ 09/19/13 07:02 PM
Quote:
low quality

high quality

nothing to worry about...
Low Quality:

Yeah....

# 25 RICH72601 @ 09/19/13 07:07 PM
That's a funny comparison. I'm no LIVE fanboy by any means but, the shoes 2K has in their game can't even compare to LIVE 06. 2k's brand name shoes even look like generics at times, that's how low quality they are. PC has saved me in this area.

# 26 juicey79 @ 09/19/13 07:48 PM
Quote:
what do you mean?
In those pics you said 2k sneaks were HQ whiled me was LQ...live pic is next gen so I was confused why would u call next gen LQ...unless you were being sarcastic

# 27 and1product @ 09/19/13 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
Now there is absolutely no excuse for ANY NBA player in the game to have generic shoes.
Actually some players like joakim noah who wears le coq sportiff should be wearing generics.

# 28 LionsFanNJ @ 09/19/13 08:15 PM
All these new brands and more selection has me amped. I just hope this year the team color 1 AND 2 auto switch options are there along with black/white. I really hope so. Also a little higher res if they can. If not eh. I'll live.

Also MORE CREATED SHOE SLOTS.

# 29 rbfn04 @ 09/19/13 08:22 PM
If the trade off for better gameplay is, amongst other things, low res show I haven't a problem with it.

# 30 natsu23 @ 09/19/13 08:34 PM
I really hope it will look good in game not just in images...

# 31 Taer @ 09/19/13 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava Medvadenko
Nice to get some of the niche brands in the game. It would be great if we can have the option to be endorsed by these other brands in My Career.
Both MyCareer and Association would benefit from this option.

# 32 DavidTheGreat20 @ 09/19/13 11:38 PM
What would make this even better is to have miadidas along with NikeID.

Also any news with the shoe creator? I really hope it's not the same as 2k13.

Sent through Tapatalk.

# 33 J_Posse @ 09/19/13 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Low Quality:

Yeah....
Yeah, the Dwight Howard signatures were definitely low-res, as well as many of the other adidas brand shoes, but proper color blocking made them lock much, much better. Like many of the shoes in 2K13, the kicks suffered from poor color blocking out of the box. Sean-Barkley and HyperBaller saved the kicks for me in 2K13.

With Li-Ning, Peak and Anta in the mix, 2K has added nearly every major shoe distributor in the NBA. They are only missing the niche companies like Ball'n, Le Coq Sportif, Protege, And 1 and a few more. I'm just hopeful that Reebok wasn't lost and that they've added a few more of their retro kicks.

# 34 24 @ 09/19/13 11:58 PM
Shoes last season weren't too big of a deal for me until I became obsessed with getting some of the classic teams accessories right. Hopefully they look better then last years.

# 35 quehouston @ 09/20/13 12:28 AM
But will the shoes actually be properly shaped? That was one of the most annoying ever on 2k13, shoes in the game are all shaped alike, as opposed to being shaped like they are in real life. Basically we had hi/mid/low-top bases, but they were just skinned to look like the shoes. But in most cases, it didnt look right at all. I'd love to see that fixed.

# 36 DirtyNeedles @ 09/20/13 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Hoping this doesn't mean that Reebok has been lost as a licensing partner. They just need to make sure that all shoes are high res or good quality with accurate color blocking. Can't wait to see how this will look on next-gen.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ
I don't think they've been lost as a partner since adidas owns them.

I just hope for the jordans they have all the colorways that have been made. Or at least a better option to customize the colors

# 37 sactown_13 @ 09/20/13 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
exactly I hate being limited to Nike and Jordan. In 2k13 I wanted to wear converse in MyCareer but nope.
You can. I always rock the weapons

# 38 chazreeves31 @ 09/20/13 01:58 PM
glad to see they added more shoes into the game but for me a big problem is the colorways, I don't like when they automatically change the colorways of the shoes for example lebron 10, certain jordan's like 5,7,8, etc I feel that the only shoes that should automatically change are team basketball shoes. I feel that player shoes should have all the main colorways as an option as well as air jordan line. Also I hope they add more iversons in the game as well as t-macs and shaqs reebok line

# 39 Phreezy P @ 09/21/13 02:52 AM
I was going to say "Where are the Li Ning Way of Wade? " Until I realized the generic shoe looks exactly like it. I hope they add the WoW 2 though.

# 40 Damian Zero @ 09/21/13 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sactown_13
You can. I always rock the weapons
What are you talking about? I'd like to wear Adidas is MP. You think with as many glitches that were in 2k13 there would be a way around shoe endorsements in MP.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.