Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

NBA.com has posted the release date schedule for upcoming NBA Live 14 feature videos. There are no descriptions for the videos, but expect to see one on September 25th, another on October 9th and four others to be announced.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Boilerbuzz @ 09/26/13 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suspectms
EA fans are being blinded with sheer stupidity. You get 2 years of we're changing the way you play bb then say sorry fans wait to next year we feel we want a full product. Not one but twice. 2 ****n years of your life you can't get back. We aren't promised 2 more years EA!!!!! Deliver a damn 5v5 trailer with 2 superstars like Lebron and kobe or Durant and Melo!!!!! Do something different. One trailer with 5v5 1 minute of ACTUAL REAL CAMERA VIEW gameplay will hush us and we will be satisfied!!!!
Good lord, man. Settle down. It's just a trailer. It's not the end of the world. A video is coming soon. I'm sure as soon as it hits, whether it's good or not, you're going to drool all over it. So, just take a deep breath.

# 82 suspectms @ 09/26/13 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Good lord, man. Settle down. It's just a trailer. It's not the end of the world. A video is coming soon. I'm sure as soon as it hits, whether it's good or not, you're going to drool all over it. So, just take a deep breath.
Look man I'm sorry. I'm just a big basketball gamer and I want something different and better. EA has always been more authentic with sports that's why I want to see something. At least announce we want be showing any trailers till the second week of November so I don't have to expect anything. You probably didn't but I pre-ordered this game. I need to know in advance whether I need to switch to 2k because lord knows I can't have a next gen console on day one have no sports game. I will lose it

# 83 noshun @ 09/26/13 04:05 AM
"Put me on a high pedestal, gotta be prepared to watch a long fall.." - Joe Budden.

Calm down..

# 84 simbayless @ 09/26/13 04:14 AM
Lmao they playing hide and seek with the fans

# 85 The 504 Boy @ 09/26/13 05:19 AM
I heard EA Sports is supposed to be changing the companies name to DE-LAY Sports

# 86 CallMeDrop @ 09/26/13 07:34 AM
They should have NEVER put a date on the trailers...period. This is the reason why Live fans are upset. They've been waiting for a game for the last three years. I'm a 2K fan and even I'm looking forward to seeing the progress the game has supposedly made, but with their recent history - these type of delays will keep gamers on 2K's side. As far as 2K not sharing any info about next-gen...they don't have to right now. They have a current gen title coming out next Tuesday and they still want people to buy it. Plus, 2K is the reigning b-ball champ...they don't have to do anything until EA shows their hand...

# 87 donp1981 @ 09/26/13 08:20 AM
Makes me wonder if anyone from EA is monitoring the forums here to get fan feedback. If they were they should have saw this thread and cleared this up days ago. My mind is spinning.

# 88 boltokPwnage04 @ 09/26/13 08:32 AM
Trailers are meaningless to me at this point. If 2k releases 5 on 5 gameplay before live then I'd be concerned.

# 89 LBJfan4Life @ 09/26/13 08:34 AM
I love how they post this: "NBA Live 14 Trailers Coming September 25th and October 9th" and then having us sitting here all excited waiting to see this footage that should have been posted yesterday! You huy's have been promoting this game for how long?...and we still have no idea what gameplay looks like. I'm trying to get excited for this game but EA is making that difficult. And for the record, I am a 2k guy but honestly I'm getting sick of pretty much the same thing every year from them. So I am trying to look forward to NBA Live 14. Key word, "trying".

# 90 Schmackity @ 09/26/13 08:51 AM
All that was ever posted was an 'image' of the webpage with someone who edited in dates to create this very scenario. To cause people to get pissed off at EA and blame them.

It's not their fault people still can't accept the fact that an everyday person not affiliated with EA Sports caused this. Stop trying to hold them accountable for a senseless act of an idiot.

That being said, it would be nice if EA released a gameplay 5 on 5 video sooner rather than later.

# 91 Hadlowe @ 09/26/13 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmackity
All that was ever posted was an 'image' of the webpage with someone who edited in dates to create this very scenario. To cause people to get pissed off at EA and blame them.

It's not their fault people still can't accept the fact that an everyday person not affiliated with EA Sports caused this. Stop trying to hold them accountable for a senseless act of an idiot.

That being said, it would be nice if EA released a gameplay 5 on 5 video sooner rather than later.
Pretty much this. My decision on which game to buy will come down to which game has the better gameplay. I think we've already seen 2k's gameplay (just take current gen gameplay and polish up the graphics.) If Live can improve on 2k's gameplay, especially online, that will be the selling point for me.

# 92 RICH72601 @ 09/26/13 09:33 AM
This is a marriage. We the consumers are the wives, committed to a healthy and stable relationship that is a good, balanced basketball game. I won't hold much against EA for not showing too much because the competition hasn't yet, but just from everything I'm seeing and reading and from the past, EA is like the husband that says, "baby, I'm going to change". We the wives see glimpses of progress, only to be disappointed at the end of the day. I'm trying to stay optimistic with EA, but like most, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm left disappointed yet again.

Yes, the score is now 0-0, but if a company like EA couldn't produce a good, balanced basketball game for current-gen, with higher expectations and such for next-gen, my thinking is "I'll believe it when I see it".

# 93 King_B_Mack @ 09/26/13 09:38 AM
I wish I had screencapped that page now. Just so we're clear though, guys are seriously saying that some random person put a date on the NBA.com Live trailers page that has the schedule for releases?

# 94 MarkWilliam @ 09/26/13 09:44 AM
The part the bugs me is that when the Kyrie/Knicks vid came out, we were told to "expect a flow" from then......

Now am I crazy or was that not 2 weeks ago plus? And all we've gotten is a few accidental screens from their webpage and then a Kyrie pic (which was basically one of the aforementioned accidentals)......

Ok, there was a mix up on the trailer dates, fine. I accept that...... but where is the FLOW?!?!? I WANT FLOW!!! THERE IS NO FLOW!!!!!!!

5 v 5. Gameplay. Enough is enough. SHOW US YOUR CARDS EA!!

EA is like that girl/guy who wont let the girl/guy see them naked for the first time...... haha! Just show us for gods sake!! 2K (current gen) is the stripper that doesn't care and the sooner EA just does it, the better they will feel!!!

Now 2K said before end of September we will know more about next gen, so they have a few days grace..... something tells me they will keep their word.....

Haha sorry if that offends anyone..... just felt like making a bad analogy.....

# 95 MarkWilliam @ 09/26/13 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
The first trailer was a week ago...

Not saying that excuses them from releasing more information, but you're over-exaggerating a little bit.

Anyway, the OP for the dates was made on Sunday, and by the time I checked the NBA.com website on Monday, the dates were not there. So it is possible that someone made a mistake, and the dates were not from a credible source. That being said, EA does need to do some damage control and release something by tomorrow.
Fair enough - I honestly thought it was two..... maybe it just feels that way.....

Either way, I am sure the game is far along enough now to just show us something..... heck, I'd take a screenshot of a press cam, 5 on 5 in game pic. ANY TEAMS, ANY ARENA..... I want to know what other players look like, I want to know what the game will look like in general, on a broadcast cam on my DAMN TV when Im playing it!!!!!

Haha - I am just imagining EA releasing something tomorrow now (against their will) and it will be empty gym, Kyrie Irving, close up, front on, doing crossovers...... haha if that happens, I swear to god.......I will...... come on here and whine about it like a baby haha...... where is leverage when you need it.....

# 96 Shosho @ 09/26/13 10:46 AM
Until they show us how the proper 5v5 gameplay will look, i wont count footage of kyrie dribbling the ball as gamegplay.

# 97 SageInfinite @ 09/26/13 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yeah and the "is it up yet?" & "where is it!?" posts, as well as the flame posts if they miss a date
Yupp. I'm enjoying this thread.

# 98 franzis @ 09/26/13 12:47 PM
Man...the Live franchise seems to be cursed. They had this probably big deal with NBA to promote their game and it turned against them in somewhat extent

# 99 tsbmolina @ 09/26/13 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
What's with the smiley faces? If your EA and failed to bring a basketball to the market for 4 years there's nothing to smile or be optimistic about. I think wishful thinking is the only thing getting you by cause deep down inside I can't see how anyone can be anything less then cautious about this game called Live. Especially if history is anything to go by. I know my memory isn't that short term.

# 100 Keanburke @ 09/26/13 02:33 PM
I like how you guys pre ordered a game that you haven't seen yet.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.