Home
NBA 2K14 News Post
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 ryantheplague @ 09/24/13 03:52 PM
yeah, i don't get why myplayer mode isn't getting love if it's the most played mode.

myplayer and offline association are the 2 fav modes of mine and there's not much of a change. :|

# 42 starks1903 @ 09/24/13 04:05 PM
as an offline player i really didnt like cpu's offence. not so smart.

# 43 rjohns23 @ 09/24/13 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
Its next gen or bust. And to be honest, next-gen will have to be VERY impressive for me to splurge on a PS4/XB1.
I feel you on this. The only reason why I'm getting 2k14 is because I only play bball games and plus I can trade it back in for 2k14 on the next gen for 10 bucks.

Man I hope and pray that they at least change the create -a player mode to where we have A LOT more options and that they add more stuff to offline association, I mean just anything new to offline association. If those two things are not address with NextGen I may just wait on and not splurge 600 (xboxone, tax, controller) for basically the same game.

I'm not a big graphics guy but if they add sweat (maybe this is in 2k14 current gen, not sure) for xboxone then that will a big a good addition as well.

# 44 JasonMartin @ 09/24/13 04:31 PM
I just watched the "MyPlayer Creation video" and all I can say is .

It's identical to 2K13 (and previous games), I can't believe they didn't change a single thing. Still the old and ugly tattoos. Everything is still the same.

I thought MyPlayer became THE MODE for 2K on which they would focus the most but this is simply copy + paste. Still VC salary, still a horrible create-a-player modus. Why would anyone want to play this mode when it has been the same for years?

I wonder what 2K14 for the next gen will look like, if the mode is still the same that would be a really stupid move from 2K.

# 45 JasonMartin @ 09/24/13 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt_XxX
its ridiculous how we have the same damn tattoos the past 4 years, but GTA V can addd hundreds of tattooos in that same time span. pathetic by 2k

I want to agree but I guess it has a lot to do with: 1. the amount of personnel you got and time 2. budget 3. qualified personnel 4. Rockstar is huge and have so much know how 5. development cyclus 6... etc.

Rockstar pushed the limits because they can, they are the best in the business but they also got the time. All the games like RDR, La Noire, Max Payne 3 have been in development for years.

2K really has to work fast to release something, but I do wonder, those tattoo's should and could have been updated. Especially if it's been the same since 2K11.

# 46 coolcras7 @ 09/24/13 04:38 PM
Quote:
its ridiculous how we have the same damn tattoos the past 4 years, but GTA V can addd hundreds of tattooos in that same time span. pathetic by 2k
Yeah because comparing a game 5 years in development to one released every year makes sense.

# 47 JRFoxe @ 09/24/13 04:47 PM
That Knicks game was unbearable. They played nothing like the real life Knicks, and the CPU was doing stupid s*it from last years game... WTF was with that drive to the net with Barginiani? Sooo stupid. Still gonna buy it though ha

# 48 JBreezeNY @ 09/24/13 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin

It's identical to 2K13 (and previous games), I can't believe they didn't change a single thing. Still the old and ugly tattoos. Everything is still the same.

I thought MyPlayer became THE MODE for 2K on which they would focus the most but this is simply copy + paste. Still VC salary, still a horrible create-a-player modus. Why would anyone want to play this mode when it has been the same for years?

I wonder what 2K14 for the next gen will look like, if the mode is still the same that would be a really stupid move from 2K.
Yea I took that away as the biggest thing. It's been clear that association mode is the ugly redhead stepson that doesn't get any love despite it being a mode that should be the main feature of NBA 2k, whatever, but to just push out a lazy version of MyPlayer is inexcusable.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm starting to get a 2009 - 2012 Madden vibe from 2k.

# 49 shindiana @ 09/24/13 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin

We have been pointing this issue for years.
I don't see the point of spending time in MyPlayer if the Creation Tool is so weak.

For the second year in a row, I will not buy the game. 2K12 still works for me.
If NextGen is impressive, I might buy it.

See you next year 2k.

# 50 Eman5805 @ 09/24/13 05:35 PM
Quote:
They did spend $290 milion on that game. And it was money well spent, but yeah. More resources and just far more time put into it. But I wonder just how much difference between next gen and current gen will we get? Because if we have a similarly mediocre player creator options, I will be disappointed.

Even if they do have wingspans in....

That said. I'm still optimistic.

# 51 VDusen04 @ 09/24/13 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Money14
If you think about it. The game is only 10.00$ because you just trade it in for .NG 2k for 10 rather than two full 60$
To be fair, 2K14 on the current generation is going to be the only basketball option for the vast majority of gamers this year, as just a small amount of people will be dropping $600 on a next generation console this season. I've read NBA 2K13 surpassed 4.5 million sales while analysts predict there may only be 2 million next generation consoles in homes this coming year altogether. So even if every owner of a XBox One and PS4 bought NBA 2K14, those sales will still likely pale in comparison to current generation sales.

Point being, I bet we're all very curious and excited about what's in store for 2K's next generation offering, but it's not going to be a realistic option for most of us this year. Hence, many folks have voiced displeasure with seeing a current generation 2K that seems to have mailed it in regarding many features.

# 52 actuallybrown @ 09/24/13 05:57 PM
I really hope they don't skimp on the stat overlays during freethrows after like 5 games into a season like they did last year. I LOVE statistical overlays during games...it adds to that broadcast feel. I think they *can* be overdone, but in moderation they are a really great touch to that authenticity.

# 53 blues rocker @ 09/24/13 06:04 PM
looks good to me. faster passing, more explosive movement/acceleration, better defensive contact and blocking.

# 54 blues rocker @ 09/24/13 06:07 PM
i'm sticking to current gen for at least a year. i'm surprised so many people are jumping immediately to next gen. there are at least 5-6 games i still want to play on current gen (GTA 5, last of us, portal 2, etc). enough to hold me over for a year.

# 55 actuallybrown @ 09/24/13 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
To be fair, 2K14 on the current generation is going to be the only basketball option for the vast majority of gamers this year, as just a small amount of people will be dropping $600 on a next generation console this season. I've read NBA 2K13 surpassed 4.5 million sales while analysts predict there may only be 2 million next generation consoles in homes this coming year altogether. So even if every owner of a XBox One and PS4 bought NBA 2K14, those sales will still likely pale in comparison to current generation sales.

Point being, I bet we're all very curious and excited about what's in store for 2K's next generation offering, but it's not going to be a realistic option for most of us this year. Hence, many folks have voiced displeasure with seeing a current generation 2K that seems to have mailed it in regarding many features.
I suppose you can only expect so much from a dev team when we pretty much have to presume 60-80% of their effort went to the next-gen game (which the devs and PR people are saying is 'not the same game'). A lot of the additions to the current-gen version were things that they probably had a great handle on by the January 2013 patch.

# 56 blues rocker @ 09/24/13 06:24 PM
looks like fewer B.S. shots are going in as well. a good sign. just dribbling around and jacking up mediocre semi-contested jumpers doesn't look as successful as it did in 2k13. looks like you're actually gonna have to get open - what a concept!

i saw typical casual shot selection in a lot of the videos, and most of the shots were missing when appropriate (dribbling in place and jacking up a 3, making one pass and jacking up a jumper that wasn't even open, etc.). those garbage shots went in all the time in 2k13.

# 57 arimamba @ 09/24/13 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
i'm sticking to current gen for at least a year. i'm surprised so many people are jumping immediately to next gen. there are at least 5-6 games i still want to play on current gen (GTA 5, last of us, portal 2, etc). enough to hold me over for a year.
im not a fan of many games other than sport and gta

# 58 NINJAK2 @ 09/24/13 09:19 PM
Thanks to Brian for making the videos and sharing them with us. I'm not going to criticize his style of play as it's not his job to model the game as a super sim head for OS. He is just showing us the game playing it the only way he knows how with his brief time with it.

Like others I'm really disappointed with some of the same bad face scans from 2-3 years ago. Really a shame man....Based on the vids it looked like they did give us a new Andre Miller,Jeff Green(?), and Jimmy Butler(?). I know 2k split the teams in 2 (NG/CG) so they had to monitor their resources. I'm trying to think if they just had to put players names in a lottery ball cage, spin it around, and then randomly select 20-40 players to upgrade for CG(current gen) leaving the rest to remain untouched????

From a gameplay standpoint though I really can't wait to get my hand on this game. Live ball is back, better looking rebounding, great individual/interactive animations,errant passes, and defense are all improvements I can't overlook that make this game a must for me...

Thanks again to OP.

# 59 Armor and Sword @ 09/24/13 10:20 PM
I am getting 2K14

I have not played 12 or 13.

Time for a new toy.....the game looks amazing.

# 60 TalenT @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
I'll hold my judgement till I actually play it. I don't really have too much nice to say about this gameplay. Maybe once I get a feel for it my opinion will change.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.