Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

We have just posted NBA 2K14 player ratings for every NBA player currently in the game. We will have the player ratings for the Euroleague and Classic teams later today.

Player ratings will fluctuate based off of performance via Dynamic Living Rosters. They will be completely dependent on real-life performances.

Dynamic Living Rosters will affect individual ratings (shot attributes, block, steal, rebound, etc.) daily based on performance.

FYI: These ratings were grabbed from the September 20th roster update.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 The 24th Letter @ 09/24/13 09:06 PM
I won't say anything about roster quite yet, they are always a little wonky at launch for reason until the day one patch..

# 42 Sundown @ 09/24/13 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Still no Aron Baynes on the Spurs, even though he signed a multi-year deal last January, and I see 2K is still shafting Tony Parker. No way on Earth are Seth Curry, Jrue Holiday and Kyrie Irving all better than Parker. Pathetic job once again and I'll be going with a roster maker for another year. Shout-out to Hyperballer and his better thought out rosters.
It's just an overall which depends on on some arbitrary rating formula. You might find that Parker does play better than the other guards and rated higher in the proper areas. 87 is not being "shafted", Curry's 88 is probably due to a justifiable boost on 3s, and a one point difference in overall is not enough to scream bloody murder. The last thing you want is 2K padding stats to get overalls to come out the way you like.

And it's Steph not Seth.

# 43 MrBigShot1 @ 09/24/13 09:30 PM
Will Bynum has acrobat, finisher, pick and roll maestro and microwave. 2k hooked him up...nice to see KCP with an A- outside, and Drummond with a much needed rating boost. Brandon Jennings at 87 was kind of shocking.

# 44 Sundown @ 09/24/13 09:32 PM
The heck, Klay Thompson only a 73 and with a C for perimeter D when he was our best perimeter D guy last season, the only one who could stop Parker, and regularly assigned the toughest wing matchup? Should at least be a B-.

Lol. Kent Bazemore, who's probably played less than 60 NBA minutes is only 3 points below Klay. Baze should be about a 68 and Klay a 75-76.

Harrison Barnes with anti freeze. Never thought of him that way.

Iggy loaded with sig skills. Not sure he needs acrobat but the choice to switch him from Posterizer to Highlight was probably a good one if he has the right dunk packages.

Bogut being a bit shorthanded on sig skills. He should have brick wall. He was laying down nasty screens all playoffs. Iggy can attest to that.

# 45 JHUNT3 @ 09/24/13 10:03 PM
A bit shocked certain role players like Norris Cole , Chris Andersen , or Chandler Parsons didn't receive a bit of rating boost. Nothing major but I expected at least 3-4 points up especially since all 3 played arguably the best ball of their careers.

# 46 J_Posse @ 09/24/13 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
It's just an overall which depends on on some arbitrary rating formula. You might find that Parker does play better than the other guards and rated higher in the proper areas. 87 is not being "shafted", Curry's 88 is probably due to a justifiable boost on 3s, and a one point difference in overall is not enough to scream bloody murder. The last thing you want is 2K padding stats to get overalls to come out the way you like. And it's Steph not Seth.
He's actually an "86" and the third best player on the team. No person in their right mind believes that Ginobili is better than Leonard, let alone still better than Parker. Parker is a better passer, defender and is far more efficient than all three mentioned players. He even puts up similar, or better, numbers in far less minutes and in an offense that is about shot distribution. 2K just ****s on him yearly, even when he's the bonafide third or fourth best player at his position.

Rashidi (Real 2K Insider) just broke it down on his blog:

Quote:
POINT GUARD (104)
93 - Chris Paul (-1) - 26.4 PER
92 - Derrick Rose (0) - 23.0 PER (2012)
91 - Russell Westbrook (+1) - 23.9 PER
90 - Rajon Rondo (+1) - 18.1 PER
89 - Kyrie Irving ()
88 - Stephen Curry (0) - 21.3 PER
88 - Deron Williams
88 - Jrue Holiday (0)
86 - Tony Parker (-1) - 23.0 PER
85 - John Wall (0) - 20.8 PER
85 - Ty Lawson
84 - Damian Lillard
83 - Kyle Lowry
83 - Brandon Jennings (0) - 16.1 PER
83 - Kemba Walker
83 - Mike Conley
82 - Eric Bledsoe (+1) - 17.5 PER
81 - Nate Robinson
81 - Chauncey Billups
80 - Steve Nash (0) - 16.0 PER

NBA 2K13 Ratings that are likely identical in NBA 2K14
Chris Paul: 94 Pass, 94 OffAwr, 91 DefAwr
Derrick Rose: 88 Pass, 99 OffAwr, 81 DefAwr
Russell Westbrook: 73 Pass, 89 OffAwr, 81 DefAwr
Rajon Rondo: 99 Pass, 93 OffAwr, 94 DefAwr
Stephen Curry: 85 Pass, 96 OffAwr, 77 DefAwr
Tony Parker: 87 Pass, 89 OffAwr, 72 DefAwr
John Wall: 86 Pass, 88 OffAwr, 76 DefAwr
Brandon Jennings: 85 Pass, 89 OffAwr, 71 DefAwr
Eric Bledsoe: 75 Pass, 68 OffAwr, 79 DefAwr
Steve Nash: 91 Pass, 99 OffAwr, 65 DefAwr
Jeremy Lin: 80 Pass, 81 OffAwr, 65 DefAwr
Mario Chalmers: 74 Pass, 74 OffAwr, 79 DefAwr
Reggie Jackson: 58 Pass, 72 OffAwr, 59 DefAwr

Not very difficult to see where these ratings are screwed up.
Yeah, who in their right mind believes Chauncey Billups is still a starting caliber point guard? 2K Sports, that's who. Yes, Deron Williams and Jrue Holiday are both better than Tony Parker, while Eric Bledsoe is only 4 points below him!!!!!!!!

# 47 JazzMan @ 09/24/13 11:00 PM
Gordon Hayward has a whopping 70 ovr., despite being Utah's 3rd best player last year behind Jefferson and Millsap.

How in the blue hell is Stephen Jackson, Tracy McGrady, Ben Gordon, and other washed-up wingmen better rated than Hayward? Oh yeah, I forgot that these ratings are all about reputation.

# 48 infam0us @ 09/25/13 12:02 AM
That Shumpert 3pt rating is gonna make him a top 10 2k player this year. Knicks are going to be a pain in the ***

# 49 Wafflebrains @ 09/25/13 12:06 AM
Lol. Can 2K make it anymore obvious that they are racist/xenophobic?

# 50 stillfeelme @ 09/25/13 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
That Shumpert 3pt rating is gonna make him a top 10 2k player this year. Knicks are going to be a pain in the ***
He had that same rating at the end of last year from three. I can't knock him he shot over 41% from three. He is not a good overall shooter though so the rest of his midrange should be average or below.

# 51 JazzMan @ 09/25/13 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafflebrains
Lol. Can 2K make it anymore obvious that they are racist/xenophobic?
I'm going to try to steer clear of this conversation because I don't want to get banned, but I agree.

# 52 BBallcoach @ 09/25/13 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
Meyers also is a MUCH better perimeter shooter than they give him credit for here. F? Please. In my association I moved his 3pt to a 70. Anyone that follows the Blazers knows he can shoot mid and 3s with some proficiency.

Then again, if these attributes were derived solely from statistics it makes sense. I'm not sure he actually shot one last year.

People better not sleep on the Blazers online this year: Lillard, Matthews, Batum, Williams, CJM, Wright, and Crabbe... That is a potent shooting core. Now let's hope the post game has been fixed (maybe Aldridge can hit 50% of his post fade aways this year... ). If so, I'll just surround Aldridge with shooters and have a field day when the double team comes.
LOL you gave meyers leonard a 70 in 3pt shooting... and people wonder why blazer fans got the nickname the NBA's soccer mom fans from Bill Simmons.

# 53 basketball444 @ 09/25/13 03:29 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how Gordon Hayward has a 58 defensive rating. He ranks 42 in isolation situations (Keep in mind he was frequently put on CP3, Kobe, and other elite players last year do to his length.) He does have trouble with spot up situations, although I blame that on Jefferson bad rotations always causing Hayward to provide help leaving his man open, but is solid everwhere else according to synergy. Realistically his on ball D should be above average while his defensive awareness should be average or below average. It's going to be fun watching the 2k insider "favorites" plummet like a rock when the season starts and stats are actually being used. I think Hayward will be around 74-77.

EDIT: but i am glad to see the updated sig skills on Hayward and Favors. I also see Burke has the pick and roll sig skill is should be fun to using him.

# 54 sniapeko @ 09/25/13 06:09 AM
Let's be honest: this rosters SUCK.
Gigi Datome isn't even in the game, when he could very well be the Pistons starting SG before the end of the season

# 55 Gramps91 @ 09/25/13 06:47 AM
isn't Josh Harrellson supposed to be on the Pistons. Anyway I'm generally more happy this year with the
ratings than I have been in past years.

# 56 idrisguitar @ 09/25/13 06:58 AM
terrible roster.

no dead eye for curry, no brick wall for bogut, parker the best point guard in the league last season without doubt is rated 87, theres something wrong. and before people say, he could have bad defense stats....why in the world is melo 90+ then? he is has no d whatsoever.

tony parker was just as good offensively as melo, way more efficient, and also has an amazing dish game. the best point guard in the league MUST be higher rated than this.

shumpert overated on three and defense, Klay thompson was a superstar playoff defensive performer and has not been recognized in the least by 2k. what were these ratings guys watching last season? the knicks are shaping up to be one of the best defensive teams in the game....when in real life they are the opposite.......and golden state, whose team defense helped make them shock the viewing public, have been denied.

dirk at 84....look i know he cant defend, but he pretty much dragged an average dallas team to almost 8th in the 2nd half of last season. he was literally in the best form of his career barring the legendary championship run. and once again, i point to melo's overall to state that having no defense doesn't seem to affect him...

# 57 ksuttonjr76 @ 09/25/13 07:14 AM
I'm going to miss Granger's Deadeye, but isn't it kinda redundant to give Paul George two dunk signature skills?

# 58 mpac @ 09/25/13 07:39 AM
Cant wait for 2k14 and rebuild the boston celtics!

Not that happy with the ratings though. Olynyk only 62 even if he has been great in summer league and being the 13th pick. I understand he hasnt played any nba game yet, but why there are few other rooks who have so high ratings?!

Anyway, i will still play this game! Wonder what are the coach ratings now. hehe

# 59 detriotpistonfan @ 09/25/13 08:30 AM
MCW at 61 - cmon 2k.

Jordan Crawford at 76 is unreal.

Austin Rivers was statistically one of the worst rookies ever and he keeps his 71 rating. Dock and let him earn it back this season.

Where is the hustle sig for Birdman? He is better than a 66 rated center.

Derrick Williams got a 3/4 point ratings bump. hilarious

Players who barely played got 1/2 point increases but Granger got docked 4 points. ok 2k

Kent Bazemore who did nothing last year is a 70 strictly because he did sideline celebrations for 2k. And don't talk to me about summer lg because Olynyk or however u spell his name killed it and is rated 62.

Kirk Hinrich with the floor general sig? Really?

Jared Dudley lost his spot up sig. Um..... that exactly how he scores. Especially now that he is playing with cp3

Jamal crawford...where do I begin. So overrated. 4th sig? Really? How can you give guys like crawford and jerrd bayless the pick dodger and not give it to Ray Allen? The OG of running off screens?

Mike Conley with the 4th sig is suspect.

Norris Cole was a 67 for most of the season, got a deserved bump to 73 and mysteriously is now back to 67. Lol

Favors at 78 is overrated. Give him a chance to actually earn that increase.

2k loves to overrate JR Smith and Shumpert (Ronnie's bff)

Monte Ellis at 85 is overrated. As is Iguodala at 85 and Rudy Gay at 86. Rudy is especially troubling because he was HORRIBLE last year. 2k rewards him by giving him a comparable rating and additional signature skills. Crazy.

2k really gave Patrick Beverly the tenacious rebounder sig. tears.

Manu Ginobili is still a 86....must be some spurs fans up there at 2k.

Daniel Green as a lockdown defender is just laughable. And ridiculous.

# 60 luda06 @ 09/25/13 09:16 AM
Rob Jones still has clout. Keeping several Pistons overrated. I love it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.