Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

We have just posted NBA 2K14 player ratings for every NBA player currently in the game. We will have the player ratings for the Euroleague and Classic teams later today.

Player ratings will fluctuate based off of performance via Dynamic Living Rosters. They will be completely dependent on real-life performances.

Dynamic Living Rosters will affect individual ratings (shot attributes, block, steal, rebound, etc.) daily based on performance.

FYI: These ratings were grabbed from the September 20th roster update.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Rensational14 @ 09/29/13 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andeee
By the way, every time I went to a game at the UC when Ben Wallace was on the Bulls he would be draining 3s before the game like it was nothing. Making 3s in practice or warm ups is not a testament to your shooting ability.
Yeah this is so strange.. I mean in practice people shoot lights out while they can't shoot to save their lives in a real game wide open

# 122 infam0us @ 09/29/13 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rensational14
Yeah this is so strange.. I mean in practice people shoot lights out while they can't shoot to save their lives in a real game wide open
No pressure in practice or during warm up. Last year I remember watching Wallace make in like 6 straight threes while warming up and he went like 1 for something that game.

# 123 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 09/30/13 02:07 AM
Ugh. I'm trying to remain optimistic about Dynamic Rosters, but these initial rosters have me worried. My biggest complaint about 2K is that I spend more time adjusting rosters than playing the game. And I don't know if I have the time or energy to do it again this year.

People have rightly touched on Hayward and Manu being way off, but no one is mentioning Quincy Pondexter, who I believe is the most underrated player I've seen. Just like last year -when he was also underrated - he's way down around 60 ovr. I'm not a Grizzlies fan, but Pondexter was a solid player for one of the best teams in the league; a good defender and their best 3pt shooter. I'd say he should be in the 68-71 ovr range.

Chandler Parsons is another players grossly underrated. He was the second best player on a playoff team, and is an all-around player, good at most everything. He should be around 79-80.

There are so many players seemingly off, but like others have said, we really must wait for the first roster changes before we can really start making out lists...

# 124 jaateloauto @ 09/30/13 09:29 AM
I wonder if they upgraded Rondo's mid range.

# 125 Kdpkdp12 @ 09/30/13 05:14 PM
Looks like my 76ers got a few players with the interceptor skill, that should be fun (Turner, Thad, Noel). Noah and Duncan finally got the defensive Anchor skill and Jimmy Butler got lockdown defender. Rose/Butler/Deng/Gibson/Noah will be impossible to score on, although Boozer should still probably start. Ty Lawson got the oop skill, so Ander Miller is less needed. Iggy with finisher pretty much makes him the best thing since Lebron. Kemba Walker is...loaded...as is Jeff Green.

# 126 Colts18 @ 09/30/13 10:44 PM
Why does Blake Griffin have a 75 flashy passing tendency?

# 127 JasonWilliams55 @ 10/01/13 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
I know you know the answer already... .

# 128 CaseIH @ 10/01/13 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
Its actually a 55, unless my eyes werent working correctly cause it so late Still even 55 is to high for him Personally for me anyway I think he is overrated and overhyped not only by 2k but by fans in general. All he has shown he can do is dunk, along with showing us that there are a lot of girls in the WNBA tougher than he is. I enjoyed watching him get made a joke of by guys like Zach Randolph last year

# 129 JazzMan @ 10/01/13 10:47 PM
Ok dude, we get it. You hate the rosters and you aren't getting the game.

Have fun with Live, man.

# 130 JazzMan @ 10/01/13 11:12 PM
They literally just released a new roster that brought Hayward's rating up to a 75... sure, there's still a few rating issues, but so far it's pretty solid.

What makes you think Live will be better for ratings? They haven't released a game in 4 years.

# 131 Hobbes217 @ 10/01/13 11:25 PM
Here is a link to all the NBA 2K14 rosters that I have posted to the site.
http://maddenratings.weebly.com/NBA2K14

It's easier than watching all the videos!

# 132 CaseIH @ 10/02/13 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themove9
I'm sure stats inc will do some good but its not enough.

These are the 2k insiders rosters that released with the game.

All I want from 2k is to have very accurate well done rosters and I am willing to pay $60 every year. That is not asking allot.

NBA 2k is a great game but for me the rosters are game breaking and I end up spending more time trying to fix them than enjoying the game.

This year was where I said enough is enough for sports video games. I am done with sliders and rosters. If your game needs 100 hrs of slider testing or roster editing than I'll play something else.

No NBA 2k for me this year even though Live wont be as good I'll give them a chance on ps4. I thought NBA live 10 was almost just as good as NBA 2k10 and it was new and fresh. I know Live wont be as good but they can win me over by starting with well done rosters. Hire any guy that doesn't call his self the 2k insider and were good.
IM hoping stats will give us better ratings. On top of the 2k insider being incompetent when it comes to basketball, I think he is bias towards popular players. With Stats doing the ratings we shouldnt seem any bias, and maybe finally see guys like Blake Griffin rated lower where they should be. Its amazes me how much people overrate and over hyped him like he is something special. I do think the talent is there, but he is to soft and he does nothing except dunk, there is WNBA players tougher than he is

# 133 ecovyoudug @ 10/02/13 03:21 PM
Here are changes I made based on guys you all listed:

- Kent Bazemore(70)(down to 66)
- Stephen Curry handles(99)(down to 92)
- Gordon Hayward(69)(up to 74)
- Iman Shumpert(82)(down to 76)
- Tony Parker(86)(up to 90)
- Jonas Valanciunas(68)(up to 70)
- Wilson Chandler(81)(down to 77)
- Caron Butler(81)(down to 78)
- Robin Lopez(68)(up to 71)
- Thomas Robinson(74)(down to 69)
- Meyers Leonard(58)(up to 64)
- Ish Smith(71)(down to 66)
- Kelly Olynyk(62)(up to 66)
- Chris Bosh(82)(up to 85)
- Alex Len(57)(up to 65)
- Chauncey Billups(81)(down to 76)
- Jordan Crawford(76)(down to 69)
- MCW(61)(up to 66)
- Austin Rivers(71)(down to 66)
- Norris Cole(67)(up to 70)
- Derrick Favors(78)(down to 74)
- Brook Lopez(80)(up to 84)
- Orlando Johnson(71)(down to 65)
- Jrue Holiday(88)(down to 85)
- DeMarcus Cousings(79)(up to 82)
- Jeff Teague(75)(up to 79)
- Brandon Jennings(83)(down to 80)

Anymore?

# 134 basketball444 @ 10/02/13 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
They literally just released a new roster that brought Hayward's rating up to a 75... sure, there's still a few rating issues, but so far it's pretty solid.

What makes you think Live will be better for ratings? They haven't released a game in 4 years.
I just got the game and he is still 69. How do you download the update?

EDIT never mind I found it on the 2k share

# 135 oik01 @ 10/08/13 07:30 AM
Josh smith, Greg Monroe, and Andre drummond have strength in the 60s and 50s while Will Bynum has a strength in the 70s ... looool

# 136 detriotpistonfan @ 10/09/13 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oik01
Josh smith, Greg Monroe, and Andre drummond have strength in the 60s and 50s while Will Bynum has a strength in the 70s ... looool
Its crazy. Will got love from 2k this season for some reason while ratings are off for our main guys.

Other random ratings that don't look right.

- Jordan Crawford is still overrated.
- Birdman is better than a 66. If guys like Ian Mahinmi and Dalembert are in the 70s then this guy needs a boost. You cant tell me the corpse of Greg Oden is currently better than him.

# 137 regGQ @ 10/20/13 08:07 AM
They got Hardaway Jr. doing some soft, dinky dunks

This kid can throwdown

# 138 Blackhail92 @ 10/20/13 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by regGQ

This kid can throwdown
this. He can also shoot lights out from what i have seen so far. had a game winner in pre season i believe

# 139 WetBeaverNeeded @ 10/20/13 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by regGQ

This kid can throwdown
You can add the other namesake as well. Glen rice jr.

# 140 regGQ @ 10/22/13 10:26 AM
Jennings still can't dunk, what's up with that?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.