Home
NHL 14 News Post

If NHL 14 has anything to say about it, the St. Louis Blues are set to win their first Stanley Cup Championship in the franchises 47-year history after defeating the Pittsburgh Penguins 4-2 in the Stanley Cup Final.

Sidney Crosby will be the leading scorer, with 109 total points, besting Steven Stamkos and Alex Ovechkin who had 102 and 101 points respectively.

Here are the regular season results:

Western Conference:

Stacked with talent and boasting the previous two Stanley Cup Championship teams in the mix, the Western Conference welcomed the Winnipeg Jets as it tried to keep the Cup in the West for a third-straight year.
  1. Chicago Blackhawks – 108 pts
  2. L.A. Kings – 100 pts
  3. St. Louis Blues – 99 pts
  4. Vancouver Canucks – 93 pts
  5. San Jose Sharks – 90 pts
  6. Minnesota Wild – 90 pts
  7. Dallas Stars – 89 pts – Wild Card
  8. Edmonton Oilers – 89 pts – Wild Card
  9. Anaheim Ducks – 85 pts
  10. Phoenix Coyotes – 84 pts
  11. Nashville Predators – 83 pts
  12. Winnipeg Jets – 77 pts
  13. Colorado Avalanche – 76 pts
  14. Calgary Flames – 75 pts

Eastern Conference

Not only was the Eastern Conference’s landscape changed with new divisions, but the addition of the Detroit Red Wings injects even more top-tier talent for teams to face off against.
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins – 106 pts
  2. Boston Bruins – 104 pts
  3. Detroit Red Wings – 102 pts
  4. New York Rangers – 101 pts
  5. Washington Capitals – 100 pts
  6. Montreal Canadiens – 91 pts
  7. Toronto Maple Leafs – 89 pts – Wild Card
  8. New York Islanders – 89 pts – Wild Card
  9. Ottawa Senators – 86 pts
  10. Philadelphia Flyers – 84 pts
  11. New Jersey Devils – 84 pts
  12. Columbus Blue Jackets – 84 pts
  13. Tampa Bay Lightning – 83 pts
  14. Buffalo Sabres – 77 pts
  15. Carolina Hurricanes – 74 pts
  16. Florida Panthers – 73 pts

How do you see this year's NHL season going?

Game: NHL 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
NHL 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Simple Mathematics @ 09/27/13 11:50 AM
Well it seems like it got some pretty accurate results, except maybe Dallas. But who knows. Dallas has a bunch of new faces.

# 2 Steven547 @ 09/27/13 09:46 PM
But the mystery is, what settings (sliders, etc) did they use. A lot of people SIM this game and never get the same or even close to, the results EA gets. So the mystery remains on what settings they used. Or even roster.

# 3 onlybygrace @ 09/27/13 10:28 PM
Okay...I have a problem with a couple things here...

I'm fine with the Blues winning the Cup as I expect nothing less that 52 wins and a trip to at least the Western Conference Finals from them this season.

No, my problem lies with the results on the simmed player stats...like Crosbys 109 points, Ovies goals, and Stamkos' goals. I did a lot of testing of the sim engine in NHL 14, and the simmed player stats were nowhere near as realistic as these. Players could barely touch 40 goals, 90 points and guys like Ovechkin and Crosby had a really hard time touching 50 goals (like Ovie did here) or 80 points (like Crosby totally did here).

I'm calling BS on the actuality of this being simmed. I think it was simmed alright...by hand!!!

# 4 voodoo_magic @ 09/27/13 11:10 PM
I'm pretty sure if I sim Calgary wins the cup and St.Louis misses the playoffs.

# 5 dlxsf18 @ 09/28/13 06:29 AM
I think St. Louis is a great contender to win the cup. I wonder who'll be their top scorer, Oshie? Backes? Stewart? Tarasenko?

# 6 cardinalbird5 @ 09/28/13 08:15 AM
Lets Go Blues!

# 7 Steven547 @ 09/29/13 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Okay...I have a problem with a couple things here...

I'm fine with the Blues winning the Cup as I expect nothing less that 52 wins and a trip to at least the Western Conference Finals from them this season.

No, my problem lies with the results on the simmed player stats...like Crosbys 109 points, Ovies goals, and Stamkos' goals. I did a lot of testing of the sim engine in NHL 14, and the simmed player stats were nowhere near as realistic as these. Players could barely touch 40 goals, 90 points and guys like Ovechkin and Crosby had a really hard time touching 50 goals (like Ovie did here) or 80 points (like Crosby totally did here).

I'm calling BS on the actuality of this being simmed. I think it was simmed alright...by hand!!!
Exactly my thoughts. Each year I ask EA to post what slider settings / roster set they are using...and each year, my question is ignored. The results we get are always drastically different than what EA comes up with. So makes you wonder if they are really "simming" using this game, or maybe they have other SIM engine program. Just amazes me it's such a mystery.

# 8 stlcardsfan44 @ 10/01/13 09:59 AM
There mouth to the Stanley Cup God's ears. I'm a huge Blues fan, and I think we will do ok, but our goal-tending is going to be a big problem. Elliot has regressed, Halak is inconsistent. I think Allen is the best of the three and they sent him down. And Backes needs to step up and be the number 1 center and captain of this team for us to win the cup.

# 9 FBeaule04 @ 10/01/13 10:13 AM
Problem is that the simulation can reply the injuries, the trades and the fact that players expecting huge seasons will have bad ones while some guys will emerge and become leaders that weren't suppose to.

St.Louis and Pittsburgh in the Finals? Without solid goaltending, it won't happen.

I can see the Blues in the Finals, as long they don't cross L.A. while Pittsburgh can make it if there's no Bruins in the way. There's just team your not build to beat and this is two primary exemple.

If I have to take a long shot, Detroit in the East (less traveling, so players will be more fresh coming april) and San Jose in the West (Thornton and Marleau are looking for new contracts next year and it's Logan Couture team now in San Jose).

# 10 MizzouRah @ 10/04/13 10:24 AM
I think it's pretty accurate.

The Blues will be at the top of the standings this year.. their problem is winning in the playoffs.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.