Home
WWE 2K14 News Post

2K Sports conducted a stream this afternoon detailing what's new in Universe Mode in WWE 2K14. Universe mode allows you to set up WWE shows by playing as the GM with your own matches, storylines, and PPV event cards.

Some of the new additions this year:
  • New this year are custom rivalries, which will allow you to set up your own feuds throughout the course of the mode. The rivalry manager allows you to have short or long rivalries, and they can begin and end and different times.
  • Improved menus which will have news, rankings and statistics within your own personal Universe.
  • The game will also set up rivalries by itself if you choose not to use the manager.
  • You can now manager wrestler attires within the mode. You can customize the look of each wrestler as you move through the mode.
  • Other customization options include the ability to edit the rosters of each show, edit the tag teams, titles, and the storylines.
  • You can now set up an actual King of the Ring PPV in Universe Mode complete with the tournament along with other matches within the card. This is accomplished via the PPV editor, which also gives you the option to select a 'No Man's Land" PPV theme, which features a PPV built around different cage matches.
  • Winning King of the Ring will result in a Superstar carrying the title of King of the Ring for the rest of the year.
  • You can set up a Divas Themed PPV now with Diva Titles being able to be named a major title.
If you want to watch the full stream, you can do so at this link.

Game: WWE 2K14Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
WWE 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 bigbob @ 10/03/13 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
In Universe mode last year, my shows would lock up every time if I used a custom arena. I never completely understood the reason but it was something with custom logos or icons that caused it to freeze. I guess, technically, you could customize everything about a show...but I just couldn't ever actually play it. It was a pretty wide-spread issue from what I saw. That's why I mention it...
It wasn't just shows that it would freeze up with.

Go play a 3v3 with all CAWs and you feel like you're playing Halo on the PC with Dial-Up Internet.

# 42 RaiRaiFromPSN @ 10/04/13 12:54 AM
Man that universe menu is so CLEAN lol.

# 43 TFly33 @ 10/04/13 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiRaiFromPSN
Man that universe menu is so CLEAN lol.
Was just thinking this lol. Was on the fence but im sure im picking it up now.

# 44 LOOSECANNON @ 10/07/13 12:12 PM
I hope there are real 4v4 or 5v5 Survivor Series matches.

# 45 5675qwerty @ 10/07/13 05:20 PM
Can't wait for the all new Rivaliry Manager.. sounds great!

# 46 Yung AJ24 @ 10/08/13 07:34 PM
This game is gonna so dope.

# 47 EAGLESFAN10 @ 10/09/13 12:07 PM
I'm not liking how they give us info on Mondays then go SILENT until Monday comes around again

# 48 bigbob @ 10/09/13 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
I'm not liking how they give us info on Mondays then go SILENT until Monday comes around again
They could give you no info at all. Would you like that better?

# 49 EAGLESFAN10 @ 10/09/13 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
They could give you no info at all. Would you like that better?
You took my post way too serious

# 50 SmashMan @ 10/09/13 04:11 PM
We also get two entrance and finisher videos a day. Not mind-blowing, but still new stuff.

# 51 UMhester04 @ 10/09/13 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
We also get two entrance and finisher videos a day. Not mind-blowing, but still new stuff.

We've gotten a bunch of stuff already along with two entrances and finishers each day. I already feel like I've seen enough!

Can't help myself though I have to watch them all!!

# 52 PVarck31 @ 10/10/13 01:36 AM
As 2K's marketing usually goes, this is blowing it out of the water.

# 53 redapple @ 10/10/13 03:22 AM
i dont feel like Universe mode has really changed since wwe 12 . like wwwe 13 was broke and not usedable and wwe 2k14 is pretty much wwe 12 with a tacted on Rivaliry Manager.

i wont speak to much untill i play it myself but has any one played friday night fight games? there season/Universe/my player mode (what ever you want to call it) rules why cant they just copy that???even the ufc games are better. wwe games have a real noob feel about them .

# 54 ggazoo @ 10/10/13 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Disagree. Won't blow anyone away, but not a terrible game.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4
Which is why I'm not getting it. Much like the real WWE, fans have settled for mediocrity as acceptable. Last years gameplay was boring and easy. Do people actually expect this to change? Every year we get excited, and every year we're disappointed.

Not this year.

# 55 UMhester04 @ 10/11/13 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggazoo
Which is why I'm not getting it. Much like the real WWE, fans have settled for mediocrity as acceptable. Last years gameplay was boring and easy. Do people actually expect this to change? Every year we get excited, and every year we're disappointed.

Not this year.
Fair argument. I just need to cure my itch for the game...plus I edit attributes so it's harder to win.

The only part of this game that's mediocre (IMO) is gameplay at times. Everything else is great (again, IMO).

# 56 EricFreakingBerry @ 10/11/13 10:42 AM
It may not contain every aspect I want out of a wrestling game, but 100 CAW's and the Rivalry Manager has earned them my $60 this year when I was convinced otherwise a few months ago.

# 57 SmashMan @ 10/11/13 01:47 PM
Quote:
Which is why I'm not getting it. Much like the real WWE, fans have settled for mediocrity as acceptable.
This sounds familiar...

# 58 bigbob @ 10/11/13 04:22 PM
Quote:
Which is why I'm not getting it. Much like the real WWE, fans have settled for mediocrity as acceptable.
Sounds like the only people you talk to about the WWE is 8 year olds than.

# 59 kisstopher5 @ 10/11/13 06:27 PM
Quote:

Not this year.
I think too many people miss the point when it comes to pro wrestling games. It's not a sport. I could go in there with Cena and destroy Punk in about 3 minutes on any difficulty any day. Or, I could go in there, make it look real, trade moves and strikes, and make it feel like a real match. Then, towards the end when we are both badly hurt, whoever gets a big move off first and gets the pin/sub wins. That's how you play a wrestling game. That's how I do at least. The challenge is trying to put on an amazing match where you sit back and go, "Wow. That's better than they do on TV."

# 60 redapple @ 10/12/13 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kisstopher5
I think too many people miss the point when it comes to pro wrestling games. It's not a sport. I could go in there with Cena and destroy Punk in about 3 minutes on any difficulty any day. Or, I could go in there, make it look real, trade moves and strikes, and make it feel like a real match. Then, towards the end when we are both badly hurt, whoever gets a big move off first and gets the pin/sub wins. That's how you play a wrestling game. That's how I do at least. The challenge is trying to put on an amazing match where you sit back and go, "Wow. That's better than they do on TV."

but you shouldnt have toooo....the AI should be so good every match should be like that without out you fixing it, that should be a givin.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.