Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

After ESPN confused the world earlier today claiming current generation gameplay action was next-gen, throwing the Madden public (us included) into fetal positions in the nearest corner -- EA has finally released their actual trailer for next-gen Madden today.
  • Higher fidelity graphics with more detail than ever before (obvious).
  • Animations wise, there is less compression with each one, resulting in better looking moves.
  • Better uniform degradation looks like it's in, as well as much improved lighting
  • Skin is more realistic, with light interacting with it in a more realistic manner
  • 4x the Texture Resolution, stadiums visually look much better as do crowds, fields, and uniforms.
  • Cloth physics where jerseys can be form fitting and look realistic to towels flapping around.
  • Much more varied fans both visually and with the animations. One shot showed some sitting, some standing and cheering. Oh, and crowds are fully 3D!
  • The sidelines look pretty bare still personally, but much better than they ever have on current gen.
  • EA touts the possibilities of even bigger improvements in the coming years.

You can read more on EA Sports' official site. We just added well over a dozen new next-gen screenshots here.

According to the EA website, we are expecting information on new True Step player motion, new Player Sense (AI), new line play, and the living worlds aspect of the game in upcoming information releases. This confirms several foundational aspects of the game have been redone for next-gen, we're excited to find out what it all means in the upcoming weeks.

Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 261 NicVirtue @ 10/01/13 10:07 PM
This thread is really getting out of hand. I'm sure we're all on the fence with next gen Madden, but c'mon now.

# 262 Mr_Riddick @ 10/01/13 10:08 PM
This has to be two of THE most confusing days. Fins vs Saints video was said to be confirmed next gen gameplay, But then said to be a mistake. Now were suposef to believe its ESPN's fault for rendering the footage incorrectly? Tried to check Ratesports thread but its closed. Can anyone reclarify this for me?

# 263 reverend_heat @ 10/01/13 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Riddick
This has to be two of THE most confusing days. Fins vs Saints video was said to be confirmed next gen gameplay, But then said to be a mistake. Now were suposef to believe its ESPN's fault for rendering the footage incorrectly? Tried to check Ratesports thread but its closed. Can anyone reclarify this for me?
Yes, the Dolphins Saints video is Next gen, it apparently wasn't encoded correctly, but it is definitely the next gen game.

# 264 Mr_Riddick @ 10/01/13 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
Yes, the Dolphins Saints video is Next gen, it apparently wasn't encoded correctly, but it is definitely the next gen game.
Sorry to hear this...

# 265 ccoaxum @ 10/01/13 10:37 PM
yea i wasn't expecting a big change this year..only better graphics to be honest anything else is a plus to me...which i do know they suppose to have better camera angels in certain moments in the game...heck seeing the player leap in the crowd was pretty cool...

# 266 PVarck31 @ 10/01/13 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
This still has not been 100% confirmed. Steve - OS's owner - believes it wasn't next-gen. He said it was nothing like what he played at E3.

But to be fair he was unable to receive confirmation either way.

Unless this was confirmed from another source.

# 267 guaps @ 10/02/13 02:27 AM
I've been waiting for EA Sports to kickoff the new era of Madden and then we get the Dolphins - Saints video...

# 268 kchuskey @ 10/02/13 09:21 AM
I love how we have all the design and engine experts here. Especially after watching a minute and a half clip. That's the same engine! Who cares about graphics!? The game play is the same! Waaaaa..Waaaaa! Most of you sound like idiots.

# 269 burnt_secondary @ 10/02/13 10:37 AM
Really, we are going to discuss the F***ing blades of grass again!!!! Enough with the blades of grass, that has never been the problem in your game!!!!!! At least get new talking points per generation, I'm tired of hearing about zooming in on the grass.

Madden 2018, "We have ants on the grass now!!!!"

Anyway, I think I have finally realized why Madden has never been able to get there presentation right, they don't know the difference between presentation and graphics. Presentation means a fluid conversation between commentators during the game. Highlights from around the league. Not blades of grass.

Confession time, I'm older than I should be ranting and raving about this but you could have taken the exact same talking points from 06 and put them in this video. It kind of set me off since I remember that one and the term "bullshot" from those days. I just want a good football game and this team hasn't delivered. I really thought we were moving in the right direction with Madden 10 and then the same old one step forward two steps back.

I will say that the subpar football games has brought me back into NBA games that I hadn't checked out since the late 90's. Just needed a sport fix from a quality game.

# 270 frankwyte81 @ 10/02/13 12:01 PM
I was excited to view this trailer, but when I saw them zoom out on Chris Johnson doing that juke move. I then realized that Madden 25 next-gen might just be prettier version of current gen. I was expecting more, especially after watching the other company's next-fen basketball trailer.

I think EA Sports pulled another fast one on us, because the target rendering isn't as detailedp as that E3 announcement of Madden 25 (that was obviously running on a high-end PC)

# 271 radatdude2 @ 10/02/13 01:10 PM
I'm a little concerned if true step motion is actually "true" during the video the running back did not step on the grass he just hovered over it. Not sure if this was done on purpose because it was a presentation piece and they want to show off the grass.

# 272 m1ke_nyc @ 10/02/13 01:17 PM
I still cant get over the Jay Cutler drop back. Its a very small part of the vid but if you cant get a simple, smooth, natural looking drop back then how can you get the other movements to look good ? Its the same robotic drop back thats been in the game since Madden 09. The drop back in 08 looked much better, and 2K5 QB drop backs were spot on.

# 273 NicVirtue @ 10/02/13 03:37 PM
If they're still floating on the grass in the final version of the game, all hope is lost for me. That is NOT how you start next gen off, with same legacy issues.

# 274 UNC_Pete @ 10/02/13 04:57 PM
That was a presentation trailer? Awesome! When is the graphics trailer coming out?

# 275 MasterShadic @ 10/02/13 05:27 PM
Looks like the same old freakish animations, buzzwords, and bad gameplay. I'll stick to 08 on the PC.

# 276 tnixen @ 10/02/13 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShadic
Looks like the same old freakish animations, buzzwords, and bad gameplay. I'll stick to 08 on the PC.
08 on PC is the best Madden as far as I am concerned!

# 277 Artman22 @ 10/02/13 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Instagram video I took of Joe Flacco trucking a DE.

http://instagram.com/p/dyBwGUO9nu/
It's sad to see stuff like this. Flacco trucking dudes like it's easy work..

# 278 frankwyte81 @ 10/02/13 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin26385
This is going to be my last post in this thread as I want to keep it on topic about the next-gen presentation trailer. I have been apart of this community for 10 years and I don't appreciate your comment about me defending mistakes. I have an optimistic attitude about everything in life. That is just who I am.

Personally, I will not judge the ESPN video. Why? Because it was encoded incorrectly and does not represent how the game actually looks. Also, I would never judge a commercial or anything from ESPN in terms of gameplay. This is for entertainment purposes. My guess is the game is captured on Rookie or Pro in order to capture the best highlights.

Lastly, look into how big organizations run social media. ESPN will not delete this video and upload a new one. EA SPORTS will not upload the same video on their channel with the correct encoding.
If I'm not mistaken, Kevin you're an EA GameChanger, right? Have you seen the game in action or have played it? If so, did EA start from scratch on the next-gen version or is it a prettier version of the current gen? From looking at the presentation trailer where they spend an awful amount of time talking about "grass," we see that the next-gen Madden leans in the direction of a prettier version of current gen Madden 25 and that is BS. With the resources EA has, that is an insult to gamer's alike.

If the other sport company (with less people and resources and while also building a current gen game) can create that great looking next-gen b-ball title that showed in their trailer, EA needs to take lessons from their camp.

# 279 Gagnon39 @ 10/03/13 12:25 AM
Bears still have the ridiculously large stripes on their sleeves. No thanks. Not buying. Please fix crap like this, EA.

# 280 NicVirtue @ 10/03/13 12:56 AM

I've slowed some of the clips from the presentation video down even more. You can clearly see the ball carriers feet never really touches or plants into the ground, all of the movements look the same in terms of weight looking non existent, as they still seem to hover and glide & you also get a somewhat clearer look at the sidelines, that look pretty static, and lifeless, but at least they move a little during the Victor Crulz play, putting their hands on there heads...why? don't know. Anticipation I guess.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.