Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

After ESPN confused the world earlier today claiming current generation gameplay action was next-gen, throwing the Madden public (us included) into fetal positions in the nearest corner -- EA has finally released their actual trailer for next-gen Madden today.
  • Higher fidelity graphics with more detail than ever before (obvious).
  • Animations wise, there is less compression with each one, resulting in better looking moves.
  • Better uniform degradation looks like it's in, as well as much improved lighting
  • Skin is more realistic, with light interacting with it in a more realistic manner
  • 4x the Texture Resolution, stadiums visually look much better as do crowds, fields, and uniforms.
  • Cloth physics where jerseys can be form fitting and look realistic to towels flapping around.
  • Much more varied fans both visually and with the animations. One shot showed some sitting, some standing and cheering. Oh, and crowds are fully 3D!
  • The sidelines look pretty bare still personally, but much better than they ever have on current gen.
  • EA touts the possibilities of even bigger improvements in the coming years.

You can read more on EA Sports' official site. We just added well over a dozen new next-gen screenshots here.

According to the EA website, we are expecting information on new True Step player motion, new Player Sense (AI), new line play, and the living worlds aspect of the game in upcoming information releases. This confirms several foundational aspects of the game have been redone for next-gen, we're excited to find out what it all means in the upcoming weeks.

Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 TreyIM2 @ 09/30/13 07:12 PM
Helmet movement was the biggest thing I took away from the vid - Wow! Honorable mention to the grass blades, the ppl in the stadium. Oh, the stadiums looked incredible, too. Still, a lil underwhelmed.

# 22 ludega @ 09/30/13 07:13 PM
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...en-screenshots

these screens look great to me... Am i wrong?

# 23 TheLetterZ @ 09/30/13 07:15 PM
Details look beautiful. I want to see more of the animations.

# 24 drewst18 @ 09/30/13 07:15 PM
I think EA trolled us cause that was pretty good and after watching the previous video we "thought" was nextgen we got to see how good this can be.

That looked great but sounded even better. Oh the sounds the sweet sound!

# 25 drewst18 @ 09/30/13 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludega
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...en-screenshots

this screens look great to me... Am i wrong?
Almost too good, I am worried now I have bought into the hype and don't want to be disappointed but DAMN!

# 26 Kevin26385 @ 09/30/13 07:17 PM
Well, I appreciate you guys weathering the storm with me. It was clear that ESPN encoded the video incorrectly. I think it is important to remember that the game will look even better when we sit down on our couches and play the game in November. Capturing technology and YouTube hold back the true graphics power.

Will we ever see a PS1 to PS2 jump in graphics ever again? No. Things already looks amazing, companies are now adding small wrinkles to make it look even more realistic.

# 27 SageInfinite @ 09/30/13 07:18 PM
Better than that Saints video garbage, but damn, I'm still underwhelmed. These animations are better than current gen? Ehh maybe. They still suck though. I don't understand why they can't get players to move realistically. That juke animation that Chris Johnson did is just awful. Why does this game look so bad in motion? Why can they not make this game look realistic? All this power, all these resources....WHY!?!?

# 28 kbomb1upc @ 09/30/13 07:18 PM
If you flip from the screenshot of RG3 from E3 and the one of RG3 from today you will see a BIG difference. Those E3 photos were lies. Sad. Not even close.

# 29 jarvis1104 @ 09/30/13 07:19 PM
Looked nice. Will they ever fix Lesean McCoy's skin color?

# 30 P Rich 317 @ 09/30/13 07:19 PM
Why is there so much complaining? If you are a true madden fan, this should excite you.... did you watch the same video that I did??

# 31 ludega @ 09/30/13 07:20 PM

# 32 Stroehms @ 09/30/13 07:21 PM
Did anyone else see the helmet jostle on the players head? Or was just me?

# 33 RaychelSnr @ 09/30/13 07:22 PM
If I were looking to purchase next-gen anything, I'd be looking at it mainly as a chance to get a better looking version of a current-gen game. All launch titles on every console has basically been that way since the dawn of time. Just don't think we'll see THAT huge of a difference gameplay wise. I'm hoping for more meat and potatoes to enhance the depth of the experience, but I don't think Madden will suddenly become an incredibly authentic simulation with next-gen immediately.

I'm foolish enough to have high hopes for the future though

# 34 bigsmallwood @ 09/30/13 07:22 PM
Next-Gen? I'm still waiting to be impressed by Madden...all the resources and this is all they can seem to come up with? #ouch...I really hope they unleash some amazing gameplay....

# 35 Lodeus @ 09/30/13 07:22 PM
Wow, the updated crowd and stadiums look amazing.

# 36 NYJets @ 09/30/13 07:22 PM
I think it looks great. Definitely going to wait for more info and actual gameplay before getting excited, but this trailer itself is impressive imo. I don't see how people can tell the gameplay is the same from this trailer. That may end up being the case but I don't think this video shows that.

# 37 jWILL253 @ 09/30/13 07:23 PM
Looks much better... but kinda "meh". But Russell Wilson looks spot on!

# 38 Bull_Dozer @ 09/30/13 07:25 PM
This is all trivial stuff to me. I want to know how the gameplay is "next-gen".

# 39 djordan @ 09/30/13 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Rich 317
Why is there so much complaining? If you are a true madden fan, this should excite you.... did you watch the same video that I did??
Give me 5 good reasons why that video should excite me...

# 40 hawley088 @ 09/30/13 07:27 PM
I knew there was a reason I stopped coming to this website. We got people complaining about skin tones being slightly off and the amount of people on the sidelines. And this game is still called Madden 25, which means the same game play as the current gen version. At the end of the day, its just a video game.

As someone who stopped supporting EA years ago, my first 2 games im bringing home with the PS4 will be BF4 and Madden

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.