Home
Trials Evolution News Post

Motorcycle racing games appeared to be running out of fuel in 2008, with Nintendo abandoning its classic Excitebike brand for the disappointing Excite Truck and THQ dumping mediocre MX vs. ATV games onto every capable system.

The outlook was just as muddy on the PC, where the platform's best franchise, Microsoft's Motocross Madness, showed no signs of ending an almost decade-long retirement.

For a time, it looked as if the PlayStation 3's MotorStorm might end up being the only great motorbike series on the current generation of hardware.

It took three attempts from RedLynx, a small development team located in Helsinki, Finland, to finally reverse the diminishing fortunes of motorcycle racers. On August 12, 2009, RedLynx released Trials HD during Xbox Live's second annual Summer of Arcade promotion.

Read More - Trials Evolution: The Best DLC Value on Xbox Live?

Game: Trials EvolutionReader Score: 9.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox 360Votes for game: 3 - View All
Trials Evolution Videos
Member Comments
# 1 StormJH1 @ 10/03/13 11:05 AM
I enjoyed the article! I played the Trials HD demo quite a bit, but not sure if I ever actually bought it. Haha. Part of my concern was that there was one of the levels on the demo that I couldn't beat, and I felt like the difficulty of that game would ramp up quickly and frustrate me. I did not realize that Evolution had the content creator stuff. Might have to check that out!

# 2 jyoung @ 10/03/13 04:22 PM
Yeah the difficulty curve in Trials HD was pretty steep. They really didn't make a whole lot of easy tracks for that game.

Trials Evolution released with a lot more beginner friendly courses. Plus the track hub where you download user-made courses has a filter where you can sort them by difficulty.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.