Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Endgadget posted a video showing off CoachGlass during a play session of Madden NFL 25. This video also offers some of our first glimpses of next-gen gameplay video. [YouTube]

What can you spot?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Dogslax41 @ 10/08/13 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
The formula that sports sims like The Show and NBA2k utilize, where it's not just a collage of individual features and upgrades mashed together but they try to marry as many things as possible together. That's what I am getting at with this post, that if I were on the team for creating Madden, I would want as many things as possible that we add to compliment each other, which should make them easier to implement and more effective which could allow us to add even more every year.

There is no snowball effect to Madden where the innovations and NFL representation progress more and more each year towards a more complete NFL experience.

Exactly right and what even I fear as hyped as I am after seeing that blocking improvement video. Below is a feature list from MLB the Show 13 over The Show 12. Compare that to year to year Madden imrovements especially Madden 12 to Madden 13, which was supposed to be their big advancement year. For MLB the Show, 12 to 13 was a year that even they said they were just working to help build their foundation. Madden apologists might not want to open the spoiler.

Spoiler

# 42 Dogslax41 @ 10/08/13 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
So they do have some loose spiral snap animations?
Never noticed it as a loose snap spiral, more of a high snap that is always handled by the holder. Its a canned animation to give some variety, but honestly I've not noticed shotgun snap issues in any recent Madden, 25 current gen included.

# 43 kjcheezhead @ 10/08/13 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
So disappointed that tiered play calling still isn't in.
Ian had said getting that in would involve rewriting almost the entire game. As soon as I heard they weren't starting over for next gen, I knew this wasn't getting in the game.

# 44 tmac747 @ 10/08/13 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
It's not possible to match what was shown on that video with sliders on current gen. Those are entirely new animations and interactions. Olinemen on current gen can't turn a defender away from the play I dont care what slider adjustments that you make. You can edit how long they can hold the pattycake animation or drive the dlineman deeper but sliders dont replicate what this video shows. Show me one video of your sliders causing an olineman to pull the defender toward him and then use his momentum to turn him 90 degrees to keep him out of the play.
I don't know what your adjustments have done for your game, but if you adjust penalties instead of slider sets, you will see different animations in the trenches. This next-gen M25 is like a Porsche with a volkswagen engine.

# 45 Dogslax41 @ 10/08/13 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac747
I don't know what your adjustments have done for your game, but if you adjust penalties instead of slider sets, you will see different animations in the trenches. This next-gen M25 is like a Porsche with a volkswagen engine.
Show me one video of Madden current gen where the olineman turns the defender intentionally 90 degrees away from the play. We edited every slider and penalty slider until we were blue in the face. The only thing it does is change the time of engagement of the blocking animation. Olinemen have never turned dlinemen in Madden. Those animations arent even in the game. They engage that's it. What is shown in the next gen video is a new gameplay element.

# 46 dghustla @ 10/08/13 04:18 PM
Quote:
Show me one video of Madden current gen where the olineman turns the defender intentionally 90 degrees away from the play. We edited every slider and penalty slider until we were blue in the face. The only thing it does is change the time of engagement of the blocking animation. Olinemen have never turned dlinemen in Madden. Those animations arent even in the game. They engage that's it. What is shown in the next gen video is a new gameplay element.
The only thing I didn't like about that video is that I doubt there is a center in the NFL that can turn Paul Soliai.

# 47 Dogslax41 @ 10/08/13 04:20 PM
Quote:
The only thing I didn't like about that video is that I doubt there is a center in the NFL that can turn Paul Soliai.
Now this is where EA has to make ratings matter and a golden opportunity to make strength a huge component to oline rating, but at least it looks better, which is a start.

# 48 dghustla @ 10/08/13 04:22 PM
Quote:
Now this is where EA has to make ratings matter and a golden opportunity to make strength a huge component to oline rating, but at least it looks better, which is a start.
Agreed there will be plenty of time for ratings talk later.

# 49 reverend_heat @ 10/08/13 04:31 PM
Weren't we supposed to be getting a true-step video blog or something today?

# 50 Lovesports @ 10/08/13 04:35 PM
very disappointing, looks the same as current gen. i don't care about the grass for God's sake when the player models look awful.

# 51 tril @ 10/08/13 04:39 PM
the gameplay movement kind of reminds me of a more polished 2k8. I dont really understand the coach glass mode.
if anything it comes across as a more refined/ in depth rock, paper, scissors concept similar to tecmo bowl.

offense picks play, then the suggested defensive counters appear and based off of that you pick your defensive play. if you guess right do you stop the offense, and is there a counter that the offense can do besides just a basic audible.

coach glass is a gimicky name with features that already exist.
I need more details. looks ok though

# 52 dghustla @ 10/08/13 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
the gameplay movement kind of reminds me of a more polished 2k8. I dont really understand the coach glass mode.
if anything it comes across as a more refined/ in depth rock, paper, scissors concept similar to tecmo bowl.

offense picks play, then the suggested defensive counters appear and based off of that you pick your defensive play. if you guess right do you stop the offense, and is there a counter that the offense can do besides just a basic audible.

coach glass is a gimicky name with features that already exist.
I need more details. looks ok though
I dont think it's a rock-paper-scissors concept. Its telling you stuff we already know to an extent and then some. a lot of ppl run cover-3 against 3+WR sets. Just because you call cover 3 when I can a 3WR set, doesn't mean you are going to automatically stop my play.

# 53 SageInfinite @ 10/08/13 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
the gameplay movement kind of reminds me of a more polished 2k8.

APF 2k8? In what way?

# 54 tril @ 10/08/13 05:20 PM
Quote:
I dont think it's a rock-paper-scissors concept. Its telling you stuff we already know to an extent and then some. a lot of ppl run cover-3 against 3+WR sets. Just because you call cover 3 when I can a 3WR set, doesn't mean you are going to automatically stop my play.
disregard my last statement. I watched the video which didnt say much or show much. after reading the more in depth detail, I have to say that its actually a nice feature. I see the potential. bringing your opponents tendencies to the forefront in real time has true sim potential.

# 55 tril @ 10/08/13 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite

APF 2k8? In what way?
I think its cause I was actually playing APF2k8 before watching the brief video clip. so never mind. again, the coaching glass has lots of potential. hopefully theyll stick with this feature for
more than one year.

# 56 Mr_Riddick @ 10/08/13 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
I feel as if EA is showing people stripped down versions of next gen madden gameplay. Kinda like what they did before they reviled the "infinity engine"

Removing all the "new" stuff to show of other "feature"

I still won't let my self believe that what they've shown is Maddn 25 on Next gen systems

Guess my glass is half full
Im praying this is the case, i cant go another year without playing an NFL game.

# 57 BreaksoftheGame @ 10/08/13 05:41 PM
Wait the playcalling is exactly the same? No defensive front calls separated from DB calls? I am completely disappointed with this..

# 58 newtonfb @ 10/08/13 05:42 PM
The players still float about ground !!!They still have the same ****ty animations. Same camera angles and scenes after everyplay!
I am more disapointed n that this is supposed to be a Next Gen engine and it plays like the old. So obviously its not a whole new engine, its just patch work from the last one. It pisses me off we cant get a football game by Sony San diego or 2k ...sigh

# 59 kenlovin @ 10/08/13 05:49 PM
Been really excited for the game but right now can't even lie, it looks exactly the same, and I'm actually kind if disappointed. Going to re watch it and see if I can see this great improving in the o-line/d-line interaction.

# 60 Dogslax41 @ 10/08/13 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlovin
Been really excited for the game but right now can't even lie, it looks exactly the same, and I'm actually kind if disappointed. Going to re watch it and see if I can see this great improving in the o-line/d-line interaction.
Pay attention at 0:39. Watch the center and the right tackle lift and twist their upper body to turn the defenders. This flat out does not happen on current gen. Then watch the block the FB gets on the linebacker. Then you can see the LE actually push to gain space from the RT to make the tackle rather than the RT just release the engagement, which is how current gen oline is coded.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.