Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

It appears as if EA is planning on showcasing gameplay very soon for Madden NFL 25 next-gen. For now, here's a quick teaser video to get you ready for their 'feel it' feature. We're expecting the full reveal next week!

In the video, you see a variety of teams and quick shots of gameplay. Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson opens up the video talking about how making every step count is important as a running back.

You then see Peterson juke a defender and Jamaal Charles spin off of an Oakland Raider defender. The next clip shows Joe Staley, OT for the 49ers, holding onto the jersey of Cliff Avril, DE of the Seahawks. The next clip shows Ryan Clady and what appears to be Tyson Jackson of the Chiefs jockeying on the edge of a pass play as well. This tends to indicate, to me, that the offensive line play will see some pretty big upgrades in the game. You didn't see that kind of jostling on current gen.

There are other various clips of footwork and a few moves as well. All in all, the video tends to show some potential for notable improvements on the field. We'll know more for sure next week.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Lakers24win @ 10/10/13 11:35 PM
If madden just added a bunch of new animations every year like 2k the game wld at least seem fresh and new.. But as far as the footage it looked good.. Gotta see it in real time.. EA needs to stop hiding behind these trailers

# 102 Gjordan @ 10/10/13 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Two different things. A sizzle trailer is more than likely put together on a pc. The coach glass clip is a whole different animal than a promo reel.

His comment was about this video having to be on an xbox one because they would never show video on a ps4.
And at this point, our guess is as good as yours.

# 103 baconjerky @ 10/10/13 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Next gen is more about details and the experience, which is why they're using the term "feel the difference". Cam Weber said when you pick up the controller for next gen, the difference will jump out at people.
500 dollar system upgrade + tax and the cost of the game = I better see the details not just "feel" them. Unlike most here it seems, I quite enjoy the current gen iteration, this looks no different. I can't believe even the mock up sizzlers look so tame

# 104 frankwyte81 @ 10/11/13 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs

Lynch's feet actually aren't hovering over the turf. His feet plant in the ground towards the end of the run, it's the shadow that is off, not the feet. Just look at the "Madden 25 Teaser Slow Motion trailer."

# 105 m1ke_nyc @ 10/11/13 12:21 AM
Quote:
Next gen is more about details and the experience, which is why they're using the term "feel the difference". Cam Weber said when you pick up the controller for next gen, the difference will jump out at people.
Thats a cop out to get us to buy the game. I wanna see better AI, I wanna see real footplanting. I wanna see a working penalty system. I wanna see actual physics based tackling.

# 106 gator3guy @ 10/11/13 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Thats a cop out to get us to buy the game. I wanna see better AI, I wanna see real footplanting. I wanna see a working penalty system. I wanna see actual physics based tackling.
I agree, but current gen never felt like you were actually controlling a player- commands weren't responsive, there was a lot of suction, there was no momentum. If there's responsiveness back to at least the PS2 days, then that is a huge plus in my books.

# 107 PantherBeast_OS @ 10/11/13 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
While I don't know how much better the penalty system is for next gen Madden25 compared to the current gen. But if you remember back a month ago SteveO said something in his write up that there was a few PI calls made when he played it. Whether that gives you any slight of hope right there that it might be better current gen. I'm not saying it is. But I'm going off what Steve said he saw when he went to CD not to long ago. I mean like with anything anyone says about next gen for now. Take it with grain of salt until you see proof. That's all I can tell you to do.

# 108 PantherBeast_OS @ 10/11/13 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
I agree, but current gen never felt like you were actually controlling a player- commands weren't responsive, there was a lot of suction, there was no momentum. If there's responsiveness back to at least the PS2 days, then that is a huge plus in my books.
There was one Madden game on the current gen that the suction was majorly reduce for one year. I believe it was Madden12 I believe then the suction came back in a major way the next year. But I agree with you that one of main problems this gen was the suction. Where. Dlinemen would keep getting sucked into the olineman and it was just horrible. I really hope that is really tone down in next gen as well.

# 109 Lilgoosy @ 10/11/13 05:06 AM
well..let me tell you..now i am REALLY confused..

1- first. we got to see amazing graphics at E3. the sweat on RG3 arms, lightings and stuff....

2- then we got confused with a match up preview of the Dolphins vs Saints game which looked absolutely horrid; it was like current gen with better lights, but still same animations and exct...

3- then the coachglass: i mean, coach glass is amazing i cannot wait to try that but the gameplay in that video was nothing to cheer for. (yes EA we all now how much u care about blades of grass but it's not all about that)

4- and now in this video, this gameplay is something totally new and it feels different; the way AP runs is amazing, the oline-dline play is quite impressive and maybe there is hope after all but

WHAT THE %&$%&£ DO WE HAVE TO TRUST NOW?? i really don't know what to think til we get some gameplay

# 110 TeeDogg @ 10/11/13 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilgoosy
well..let me tell you..now i am REALLY confused..

1- first. we got to see amazing graphics at E3. the sweat on RG3 arms, lightings and stuff....

2- then we got confused with a match up preview of the Dolphins vs Saints game which looked absolutely horrid; it was like current gen with better lights, but still same animations and exct...

3- then the coachglass: i mean, coach glass is amazing i cannot wait to try that but the gameplay in that video was nothing to cheer for. (yes EA we all now how much u care about blades of grass but it's not all about that)

4- and now in this video, this gameplay is something totally new and it feels different; the way AP runs is amazing, the oline-dline play is quite impressive and maybe there is hope after all but

WHAT THE %&$%&£ DO WE HAVE TO TRUST NOW?? i really don't know what to think til we get some gameplay
Sounds like current M25. Depending on your settings the game varries drastically. I hope I can find the settings that give me the results in the last video. Lol.

# 111 kc10785 @ 10/11/13 06:59 AM
Im just ready for the game to drop so we can get the game in our hands to see how it feels. All this speculation on what is what is killing game before it launch.

The video looks good when you slow it down. But I need to see gameplay now it's getting to close to release date. I feel like this with a lot of next gen games not just madden.

# 112 kc10785 @ 10/11/13 07:12 AM
Im going to play devil's advocate with madden and this is rare. I see a lot of people complaining about this being a port lets not forget when they launch on 360 and PS3 that game was horrible and it took them a couple years to make a some what decent game. Im not trying to go down that road again with these systems. If you can give me what I got in CG and add a lot more animations, better and detsiled graphics, upgraded foot plant system, and some good things I wont see or feel until the game is in my hand im satisfied. I dont want to pay for a broken game on a launch of a new system

# 113 jpdavis82 @ 10/11/13 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc10785
Im going to play devil's advocate with madden and this is rare. I see a lot of people complaining about this being a port lets not forget when they launch on 360 and PS3 that game was horrible and it took them a couple years to make a some what decent game. Im not trying to go down that road again with these systems. If you can give me what I got in CG and add a lot more animations, better and detsiled graphics, upgraded foot plant system, and some good things I wont see or feel until the game is in my hand im satisfied. I dont want to pay for a broken game on a launch of a new system
Good post, and lets keep in mind, two of the highest rated sports games last gen, MLB the Show and NBA 2k both were ported over from ps2. Also keep in mind that Kolbe Launchbaugh former lead producer of The Show, is now the creative director of next gen Madden. Hopefully he can inject the life and emotion that he did into that franchise, into Madden.

# 114 m1ke_nyc @ 10/11/13 11:06 AM
Quote:
Good post, and lets keep in mind, two of the highest rated sports games last gen, MLB the Show and NBA 2k both were ported over from ps2. Also keep in mind that Kolbe Launchbaugh former lead producer of The Show, is now the creative director of next gen Madden. Hopefully he can inject the life and emotion that he did into that franchise, into Madden.
MLB The Show and NBA 2K were solid games when they were ported over. Maddens current game is heavily flawed. Too many aspects of the game needs a overhaul.

# 115 green94 @ 10/11/13 11:28 AM
Why do the sidelines look like current gen!?

I thought living worlds would bring them to life, but after AJ's touchdown everyone is still standing there. Disappointing!

# 116 AmericasTeam @ 10/11/13 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94

I thought living worlds would bring them to life, but after AJ's touchdown everyone is still standing there. Disappointing!
Let's hope that EA has some of this stuff disabled until the end of the reveals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4

# 117 jpdavis82 @ 10/11/13 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94

In the Presentation trailer you can see the difference with the crowds but yeah I haven't seen anything different with the sidelines yet.

# 118 green94 @ 10/11/13 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericasTeam
Let's hope that EA has some of this stuff disabled until the end of the reveals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4
That's kind of what I'm hoping but every video seems to be the same.

# 119 apollon42 @ 10/11/13 01:42 PM
If the sidelines arent fixed that would be a bummer. Not a game breaker but a bummer. At least they finally fixed the dreads though.

# 120 The_Balm @ 10/11/13 02:12 PM
Quote:
I'm pretty sure the video from Engadget about Coachglass was on Xbox One, they show a guy playing with a Xbox one controller in hand.
While I still think that the game is definitely on consoles by now, them playing with an Xbox one controller does not mean it's running on an Xbox one. It was also corded which to me makes it seem more likely that was running on a PC.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.