Home
WWE 2K14 News Post

2K Sports revealed their newest mode for WWE 2K: Streak Mode.

The basic jist of the mode is that you will get the chance to either defend or break the Undertaker's Wrestlemania win streak, which will be part of the 30 Years of WrestleMania experience. Here is how each will work:

DEFEND THE STREAK
  • Choose whether to use Undertaker or Undertaker (Retro)
  • Defend The Phenom’s legacy in a non-stop, slobberknocker-style contest
  • Raise your score by defeating as many Superstars and Legends in a row as you can
  • Upload you results and scores online to prove how dominant you are
DEFEAT THE STREAK
  • Choose any Superstar or Legend on the WWE 2K14 roster
  • Select Undertaker or Undertaker (Retro)
  • Face off against The Deadman upon the Grandest Stage of Them All
  • Try to defeat Undertaker and his arsenal of special abilities seen only inside this mode
  • Show off to the rest of the WWE Universe by uploading your results and high scores online

Does this sound like something you'd like to try?

WWE 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view WWE 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view WWE 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view WWE 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: WWE 2K14Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
WWE 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Ice_Cold345 @ 10/14/13 09:51 AM
This is kinda cool for those guys who like survival mode and trying to get a high score. I'm not going to do it that much, but it's a neat little addition.

# 2 st0rmb11 @ 10/14/13 10:32 AM
I've actually missed the Slobberknocker match type from past Smackdown! vs RAW games, so this could be fun.

# 3 King_B_Mack @ 10/14/13 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsonabat
I'll give this a try. Something different outside of Universe mode to mess with. I wonder what these abilities are that Taker is going to possess.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/...s-for-the-goat

Quote:
Breaking the streak is the more interesting of the two due to it being a lot more in line with the lore of the event. You will line up, as 21 wrestlers before you, to take out ‘Taker, but this won’t be anything like any singles match you’ve played before. Forget for a moment that he’ll be fighting at a difficulty level beyond even the highest setting of the core game, but the supernatural happenings that have always orbited the legendary grappler will be in play too. So you could be on the verge of scoring a pinfall, only to have the lights of the arena mysteriously go out and then come back up with The Undertaker standing behind you, ready to bury you with a Tombstone Piledriver. Getting to be the one to finally break the streak should prove to be a coveted feather in many a wrestling fan’s cap.
Sounds kind of cheap and a source for thrown controllers. However, I'll still give this a try. Cool concept.

# 4 Ice_Cold345 @ 10/14/13 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/...s-for-the-goat

Sounds kind of cheap and a source for thrown controllers. However, I'll still give this a try. Cool concept.
It reminds me of in the Pokemon games, you get so close to knocking out that one Pokemon who gives you trouble. *So-and-So uses a Full Restore* Then you are back to square one, all over again. As long as it isn't a constant thing, like he does it a ridiculous amount of times, it shouldn't be too bad.

# 5 King_B_Mack @ 10/14/13 12:45 PM
I imagine the way it'll work is he can only do it once per match (at least it should work that way), the only thing is, the frustration would still be there though if he's as hard to beat as they suggest and you get him all the way down to that point, then he does that and wins.

# 6 IowaAJ @ 10/14/13 04:18 PM
This sounds awesome I have to say WWE 2k14 is really sounding good probably going to buy this one

# 7 Gramps91 @ 10/14/13 05:11 PM
Sounds ok. I may check it out.

# 8 ajaxab @ 10/14/13 05:12 PM
I'm not overly interested in this mode, but what is most intriguing is the idea of getting a score based on competitiveness, drama, excitement and showmanship. If they added these to Universe Mode and tied it to something like television ratings, then we might be heading into something that could really enhance the game. It would be a nod in the direction of TEW 2013 and change how people run their universes. One could make the argument that the game would become more realistic with more of a focus on entertaining matches instead of just winning matches.

There is the seed of a potentially good idea here. I don't know how popular it could be, but I would love to see something like it implemented for universe and see how far 2K could take it.

# 9 Bolt957 @ 10/14/13 05:28 PM
I really wish that they could have brought back Slobber Knocker as a match type in this game. It was my favorite thing to do in SvR 2006

# 10 solofx7 @ 10/15/13 08:51 AM
I really like this thinking outside of the box by 2K.

# 11 nate1986 @ 10/15/13 12:23 PM
I'm interested in this mode, 2k is really going all out for this game, makes ya wonder how awesome the next gen would be for 2k15

# 12 Mr. NAIA @ 10/16/13 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I've broken many a controller/disc/system/window out of frustration... but I'm actually ok with this. Ending The Streak should be one of the most-if not the most-difficult task in all of sports video games.

# 13 Rawdeal28 @ 10/17/13 11:18 PM

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.