Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Another next-gen Madden NFL 25 video has arrived, showing nothing but zoomed in footage from a simulation of tonight's match-up between the Indianapolis Colts vs. San Diego Chargers.

What are your thoughts?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 djordan @ 10/14/13 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Everyone complained back in 06 when they gave us a new game with bare bone features, now everyone complains when they give us a full featured game, albeit a port, with minimal upgrades graphically.

What do you guys want them to do???

I think people had WAY too high expectations for next gen Madden and may not understand that the devs don't know the capabilities of these systems yet. First party next gen games are going to be much better graphically at first, they ALWAYS are. After a year or two the games will start to be pushed graphically and we will see much better LOOKING games. In the meantime, focus on the GAMEPLAY, the GAMEPLAY is what matters. To me, the gameplay looks pretty good, not great, but a definite improvement in terms of fluidity in movement and o/d line interactions look much improved. You can't turn a game that people are calling "trash" into "treasure" in one cycle guys. Continued improvement in gameplay and areas that matter is what we are wanting, let's hope it continues and at a faster rate, but at the same time, don't expect so much on the first iteration of a game on a new console.

Can anyone name ONE non first party title on 360 that blew you away graphically when Xbox 360 launched?
What DO WE WANT THEM TO DO??? WHAT DO WE WANT THEM TO DO JP!!!???

1. Realistic running animations
2. Authentic QB Drop backs
3. True Physics which surpasses Backbreakers (Inferior hardware)
4. Deep penalty system that works
5. Realistic crowd reactions
6. Real time cut scenes
7. Ability to choose d-line coverage
8. Custom camera angle for users to play around with
9. Realistic sidelines that react to on the field action

That's just off the top of my head. How can you continue to dime EA Tiburon out every gameplay video they release? We shouldn't even be comparing previous games on inferior hardware to Madden Next Gen. You say "The gameplay looks good, not great". IT SHOULD LOOK GREAT SINCE THEY'VE BEEN USING THE SAME ENGINE FOR ALMOST 10 YEARS NOW!!!!

JP..Do you remember Madden 2001 on Playstation 2? That was the 1st football game released when the Playstation 2 launched and it was GREAT compared to the PSX counterpart!

I'm tired of the excuses man....How much will it take for you to give up and realize the team that is currently making the game isn't good enough? How long will you give them? Madden 2050?

EA fooled us into believing the E3 video was legit by releasing the slomo video of RG3,Marshawn Lynch, and Patrick Willis video. Now it's all starting to make sense now that we're seeing videos in real time.

It's only a matter of time before the average Joe catches on to what EA Tiburon is doing. Same fate that NBA Live had will catch on to Madden. I guarantee it!

COME ONNNN!!!!

# 22 tnixen @ 10/14/13 12:17 PM
I will admit I was planning on buying a copy of Madden 25 when I pick up my PS4 on November 15th but the more i see of this game the more I am starting to think I may not pick it up at all now. I have not bought a Madden game since Madden 08 on PC and it's starting to look like another year without video game football for me.

This is not what video game football should look like on a gaming system as powerful as the PS4 and X Box One!

I am so mad right now!

# 23 jpdavis82 @ 10/14/13 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
JP i love your passion and optimism. And I actually agree with what your saying. I am one of the few ppl who is looking forward to this game. But stop trying to convince other posters that they will like Madden or to give Madden more time. It doesn't work. Everyone has their opinion/feelings about the game. You can (and have) make the same strong valid points but ppl just aren't feeling it. And that is their opinion, as you have yours. This thread is about the MNF Next gen video that was posted. Not about back in 06 or other first party games etc.
I get that and I'm not trying to convince people of anything, see that's what I don't get. I'm just giving my opinion, but people think I have some sort of agenda. I do not have any agenda at all. I know people may think I'm a fanboy, but trust me, I'm almost always one of the first people to jump on a dev on Twitter once I see something I'm not satisfied with. That's the side of me that people on here probably don't see, but if you see my posts on Twitter, you'll know that I'm not just saying everything that Madden is doing is cool with me.

If people don't like this video that's fine with me, I just feel like comparing a port of FIFA to a port of Madden is apples to oranges, based on where these two franchises currently stand.

# 24 dghustla @ 10/14/13 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsonabat
Agreed.

And to be fair to Madden/EA, its hard to form an opinion on gameplay when all we are seeing are basically zoomed in replays of what happened. If you're going to show gameplay then show gameplay, otherwise its nothing more, imo, then a trailer.
It is really confusing. All we've seen is "poorly encoded" seeming sped-up game play from zoomed in replay angles. Or slow motion even more zoom in gameplay trailers. I hope in this feel it trailer we can see some regular cam footage.

# 25 SageInfinite @ 10/14/13 12:20 PM
Quote:
Everyone complained back in 06 when they gave us a new game with bare bone features, now everyone complains when they give us a full featured game, albeit a port, with minimal upgrades graphically.

I think people had WAY too high expectations for next gen Madden and may not understand that the devs don't know the capabilities of these systems yet. First party next gen games are going to be much better graphically at first, they ALWAYS are. After a year or two the games will start to be pushed graphically and we will see much better LOOKING games. In the meantime, focus on the GAMEPLAY, the GAMEPLAY is what matters. To me, the gameplay looks pretty good, not great, but a definite improvement in terms of fluidity in movement and o/d line interactions look much improved. You can't turn a game that people are calling "trash" into "treasure" in one cycle guys. Continued improvement in gameplay and areas that matter is what we are wanting, let's hope it continues and at a faster rate, but at the same time, don't expect so much on the first iteration of a game on a new console.

Can anyone name ONE non first party title on 360 that blew you away graphically when Xbox 360 launched?

Everyone's talking about FIFA, but FIFA was a GREAT game on current gen, Madden wasn't. You have to keep these things in mind guys, it's going to take some time to get Madden on that level that we all want it to. Like I've said I don't expect it to take 5+ years to get there, I expect Madden 15 to be basically what we've been wanting, but how people could expect a port of Madden to compare to a port of FIFA is beyond my comprehension.
I want them to make a realistic playing, and realistic LOOKING game. I don't care if it's from the ground up or ported. That's not my concern. I don't care how they do it, that's not my problem. I just want them to do it. I don't care about their excuses anymore. They've had enough time, enough money, and enough reference material to do it.

Our expectations are high because we see what can be done. If everyone expected more from them we wouldn't have this awful looking game. They're only going to get higher as we go into this next gen, as they should. Still I don't feel what people are asking for is unrealistic. It's all pretty much been done before. Just not by these guys.

And honestly almost all the 360 games I brought for launch blew me away graphically at the time. Even that awful version of Madden. We were going from standard def to high def, how could they not.

# 26 jpdavis82 @ 10/14/13 12:22 PM
Back on topic, I think the crowds look pretty nice, the lighting is definitely improved IMO over current gen. The way players move looks better to me as does the o/d line interactions. I'm also waiting on some 11 vs 11 from the Madden camera angle, but for now I think this video is better than the MIA vs NO video. Is that enough to justify a purchase? No, but I do see some signs of encouragement and it doesn't look like a carbon copy of current gen to me.

Looking forward to seeing a lot more info and vids soon about next gen Madden.

# 27 hokupguy @ 10/14/13 12:26 PM
The best things that come from all these vids is that if you haven't bought madden yet for ps3 or 360. Just wait for ps4 or xbox 1. It post likely will be the same game with a little better textures.

I can now see why place like best buy and ebgames is offer a $10.00 to upgrade to next gen madden from current. I hope it looks next gen by M15 time.

# 28 adub88 @ 10/14/13 12:27 PM
*taps foot, still waiting for true step movement reveal. Devs if you're reading this, is there a good explanation as to why what we saw at E3 differs greatly from the last 3-4 videos we've seen? Just curious? Any response is greatly appreciated. Thanks

# 29 ir2proforu2 @ 10/14/13 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
*taps foot, still waiting for true step movement reveal. Devs if you're reading this, is there a good explanation as to why what we saw at E3 differs greatly from the last 3-4 videos we've seen? Just curious? Any response is greatly appreciated. Thanks
indeed glad i didnt buy for current gen

# 30 Only1LT @ 10/14/13 12:29 PM
Quote:

Everyone's talking about FIFA, but FIFA was a GREAT game on current gen, Madden wasn't. You have to keep these things in mind guys, it's going to take some time to get Madden on that level that we all want it to. Like I've said I don't expect it to take 5+ years to get there, I expect Madden 15 to be basically what we've been wanting, but how people could expect a port of Madden to compare to a port of FIFA is beyond my comprehension.
First off, no one complained about Madden 06 being built from the ground up. They complained, because it had none of the features that the PS2 and Xbox version had.

Second, even though they supposedly built 06 from the ground up, it still played very much like Madden, so, again, no one was complaining about it being built from the ground up, other than the lack of features, and the terrible rendering of animations, which made it look worse than PS2 and Xbox animations, even though they were always bad.

Third, no one cares about something being changed as long as what it's changed to is BETTER than what it was before. Many games change. People complained about Metroid being a FPS when they heard about it. When they played it, the complaints stopped, because it was BETTER. If they chnaged every single thing about Madden, and all of those changes were actually better, than no one, save for strict traditionalists, would complain.

Fourth, no one, and I mean NO ONE, asked for the next gen version to be a port of the current gen version. So, to ask how people could expect more from a port of the current gen game, misses the point of people's complaints ENTIRELY.

It is all a matter of perspective. Your perspective has always been, and continues to be, to focus on the challenges that the dev team faces with making this a great title. And that's your prerogative.

My focus, like many others, has always been, and continues to be, I don't give a rat's *** what challenges the dev team faces, because ALL of the challenges that they face are of their own doing! Not the consumers. Not the "suits." Not the PS3/360/PS4/Xbone hardware. Their own.

It's very simple. Is the game good or not? I don't need any back story on the making of the game, especially when most of what we are told, or that we think we know, about said back story, is BS anyway. It should always be about the actual product. I don't know if it's good or not, but everything that I have seen thus far points to a no for me. What I do know, is that everything else, aside from the actual product, is meaningless.

# 31 jpdavis82 @ 10/14/13 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
I wish I lived in this world of yours lol. I mean that with no disrespect at all, I just can't believe that you are that optimistic.

I'm buying a self-help book.
I tend to be a glass half full person in general. To me, it comes down to when I put the controller in my hand, will it feel like a new experience or the same gameplay and AI. IF the gameplay and AI is improved quite a bit, that's what I'm wanting. I never expected drastic improvements in presentation besides the crowd and sidelines, maybe some commentary. I was 99.9% sure the presentation would pretty much be the same, it takes more than one dev cycle to implement new presentation elements like studio half time and post game shows. I think NCAA said they worked on their half time show for two years.

# 32 djordan @ 10/14/13 12:30 PM
Quote:
Dude.... Write it down... The true step movement reveal will be in slow mo. Now way they will showcase that in realtime. If they show it in realtime the animations will play out too fast to show the actual "True step".

No way...

# 33 SageInfinite @ 10/14/13 12:30 PM
Yall gotta understand we ain't getting gameplay footage from an actual gameplay view until media outlets get the systems and the games. It ain't gonna happen. That hardly ever happens when a company(sports dev) releases raw gameplay footage and the game is not due for another month. The only way we'll see it is if EA actually releases it(which is pretty rare), or there is some kind of event(like where they showed off the smart glass) and footage is captured. This ain't new fellas.

I personally don't see what it's gonna change. The game is still gonna animate exactly the same. Look up Madden 25 gameplay on youtube if you want to see how this game is gonna look from a gameplay angle, lol.

# 34 cthurt @ 10/14/13 12:31 PM
Lol @ the Arsenio Hall TD celebration at the 40 sec. mark of the video. But on a more serious note I would like to see how this game looks from a broadcast view these close up videos arent quite doing the trick, as far as me wanting to buy this game.

# 35 djordan @ 10/14/13 12:32 PM
Quote:
I tend to be a glass half full person in general. To me, it comes down to when I put the controller in my hand, will it feel like a new experience or the same gameplay and AI. IF the gameplay and AI is improved quite a bit, that's what I'm wanting. I never expected drastic improvements in presentation besides the crowd and sidelines, maybe some commentary. I was 99.9% sure the presentation would pretty much be the same, it takes more than one dev cycle to implement new presentation elements like studio half time and post game shows. I think NCAA said they worked on their half time show for two years.
ESPN2k5 had both of those 8 YEARS AGO!

JPDavis, can you answer this question honestly for me please? How many years will you give EA to fully implement a halftime and post game show until you are disgruntled?

# 36 tnixen @ 10/14/13 12:33 PM
Quote:
EA lied to all of us!

If that E3 video said Actual gameplay then why does it look so much worse now?

Tell us the truth EA!

# 37 dghustla @ 10/14/13 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokupguy
The best things that come from all these vids is that if you haven't bought madden yet for ps3 or 360. Just wait for ps4 or xbox 1. It post likely will be the same game with a little better textures.

I can now see why place like best buy and ebgames is offer a $10.00 to upgrade to next gen madden from current. I hope it looks next gen by M15 time.
I really don't think it's the graphics. I watched the video in the small window in the thread instead of going full screen and the graphics imo look on par with other next gen games. It's the animation that kills is. In some scenes the players just aren't moving right. There are too many super man plays in that short clip. Two of the smaller WRs in the league score TDs by breaking two tackles back2back in chained together animations.

A few things I want to see in these video as far as the passing goes is the following
1) back shoulder throws, do they exist and work properly
2) out-routes/man coverage- is the cpu playing routes with the correct leverage.
3) covering the seams and TE in general are these guys still running free and getting open 24/7 regardless of ratings.

# 38 SageInfinite @ 10/14/13 12:40 PM
On a brighter note the first true clear footage of a double team pass block in a Madden football game at 10 seconds.

# 39 roadman @ 10/14/13 12:41 PM
Now, I know how it feels to be a Cub fan.

Eh, not much excited me with that, the zoomed up look, the QB's zipping the ball here and there.

This is looking like a no buy for me more and more.

# 40 NBASLAM2001 @ 10/14/13 12:52 PM
Wow Xbox One looks awful..... Glad i'm getting a PS4.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.