Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Check out the latest next-gen NBA 2K14 screenshot of LeBron James on the PS4. Click here to view the high definition (5760x3240) screenshot.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 youvalss @ 10/15/13 01:10 AM
You have just made it 18...

# 162 d23x @ 10/15/13 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
I'm sorry , but even zoomed in the detail is sickAttachment 67416
If you look at this from an angle it looks so human like.

# 163 DamnYanks2 @ 10/15/13 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
You have just made it 18...
haha not technically, but that still cracked me up.

Honestly, game looks great, I expect it to, the ps4 should blow minds with that price tag. But one screenshot does nothing for me.

# 164 yungflo @ 10/15/13 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Check out the latest next-gen NBA 2K14 screenshot of LeBron James on the PS4. Click here to view the high definition (5760x3240) screenshot.

This is a mod, not 2k14. Just wanted to compare. The detail is amazing

# 165 MarvinOida @ 10/15/13 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo

This is a mod, not 2k14. Just wanted to compare. The detail is amazing
See I prefer the dark, ENB-modded graphics rather than the lighting of next gen.

I feel LeBron's a bit too light in NG. And I feel like jerseys would also get effected by that.

Tap Taptalking away from my iPhone 5.... C.

# 166 yungflo @ 10/15/13 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
See I prefer the dark, ENB-modded graphics rather than the lighting of next gen.

I feel LeBron's a bit too light in NG. And I feel like jerseys would also get effected by that.

I think its angles. I don't think Lebron tone will remain like that. is your picture a mod? I see the new tats on him, I don't have cg 2k14, so I don't know if that made it into the game

# 167 MarvinOida @ 10/15/13 02:09 AM
Quote:
I think its angles. I don't think Lebron tone will remain like that. is your picture a mod? I see the new tats on him, I don't have cg 2k14, so I don't know if that made it into the game
PC mods. It's a great version just to get a basketball fix and check out the mods and imagine how they can make next gen better if they get a next gen port next year.

Like this is the most realistic FACE I've seen in a CG PC mod. So I can't wait a for NG port for PC.

# 168 yungflo @ 10/15/13 02:15 AM
Quote:
PC mods. It's a great version just to get a basketball fix and check out the mods and imagine how they can make next gen better if they get a next gen port next year.

Like this is the most realistic FACE I've seen in a CG PC mod. So I can't wait a for NG port for PC.

thats too realistic, likes it been copy and pasted and not rendered lol. esp the beard

# 169 MarvinOida @ 10/15/13 02:18 AM
Quote:
thats too realistic, likes it been copy and pasted and not rendered lol. esp the beard
But that's what a Cyberface basically made of. A decompressed image of a full head. There's no "rendering" that's all in just a global file I think. Not 100% sure.

# 170 yungflo @ 10/15/13 02:20 AM
Quote:
But that's what a Cyberface basically made of. A decompressed image of a full head. There's no "rendering" that's all in just a global file I think.

I know but the James cyberface I posted seems rendered like when James animates facial expression in the game it looks like it would. Appear natural where as. The James harden seems hokey.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk now Free

# 171 MarvinOida @ 10/15/13 02:25 AM
Quote:
I know but the James cyberface I posted seems rendered like when James animates facial expression in the game it looks like it would. Appear natural where as. The James harden seems hokey.

Well I know there can be facial expressions in the PC version via mods, to what extend I don't know. The reason why you don't see it really natural likely cause you're seeing a realistic head on a current gen body, reason why I said FACE not player.

As for the rest of the body, a global would need to fix the body type. Arms would possibly be adjusted and those horrible stock 2K Rocket Jerseys would definitely get out.

# 172 DamnYanks2 @ 10/15/13 02:25 AM
Is that Kobe in puddle form^^

# 173 MarvinOida @ 10/15/13 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
Is that Kobe in puddle form^^
Nope a decompressed Cyberface texture that one would edit its looks in GIMP or photoshop. That the way faces are in disk and have been since 3D NBA Live games on PC started i recall.

And not only cyberfaces, jerseys too.

# 174 JBulls @ 10/15/13 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
...since the next gen graphics will come out for the PC version next year.
How do you know this? Has this been confirmed?

# 175 spacedog @ 10/15/13 04:16 AM
Quote:

Yea I see what you mean. It's not like it's actually part of the game, it looks like the player with an actual photo pasted on top of his face. And I get how cyber faces work but that's not what a realistic cyber face would look like in a game... Just like an actual image mixed on top of a digital representation. It wouldn't look much better on next gen models IMO either. A realistic render would look more like that Harden model in the trailer, where it's clearly a rendered cyber face, not a photo pasted on top or anything

# 176 ZoneSix @ 10/15/13 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
How do you know this? Has this been confirmed?
i'd like to know as well. i think PC users might be setting themselves up for disappointment by assuming that 2k15 will be a next gen port..

# 177 Sundown @ 10/15/13 06:17 AM
Quote:
that's not complaining, that's constructive criticism. And No one should have an issue with that
Hah. Pretty sure I'm the only one complaining about the look of the ball.

I just want y'all to have a game with an authentic looking ball, okay? And not one that looks like Lebron won it at Dave and Busters.

# 178 DatGD12guage @ 10/15/13 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
I'm sorry , but even zoomed in the detail is sickAttachment 67416
yeah this is dope, I think I see a booger, is that you 24th Letter LOL

# 179 MarkWilliam @ 10/15/13 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneSix
i'd like to know as well. i think PC users might be setting themselves up for disappointment by assuming that 2k15 will be a next gen port..
Are they not done with current gen developing? i.e; they will have to put out a next gen port on PC or not release a PC game next year....?

Sorry if I am stating the obvious - not sure how far into this convo I've joined.....

Somewhat off topic, I wonder if the NG version will have newer rim/net animations..... 2Ks aren't too bad, but am I the only one who has noticed that the net on the left side of screen is different to that on the right (on the CG version) haha I think I could be, this is a pedantic detail.....but the net on the left of screen is quite crappy (in terms of animation) to say the least..... I wonder why both ends have different animations...... just seems like more work.....

Please don't tease me for that haha...... couldn't help but notice...

# 180 CaCHooKa Man @ 10/15/13 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Are they not done with current gen developing? i.e; they will have to put out a next gen port on PC or not release a PC game next year....?

Sorry if I am stating the obvious - not sure how far into this convo I've joined.....

Somewhat off topic, I wonder if the NG version will have newer rim/net animations..... 2Ks aren't too bad, but am I the only one who has noticed that the net on the left side of screen is different to that on the right (on the CG version) haha I think I could be, this is a pedantic detail.....but the net on the left of screen is quite crappy (in terms of animation) to say the least..... I wonder why both ends have different animations...... just seems like more work.....

Please don't tease me for that haha...... couldn't help but notice...
well microsoft and sony are both supporting the current gen until at least 2015 so id assume there would be maybe one more nba 2k for the current gen

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.