Home
NHL 14 News Post

NHL 14 patch v.101 has been released today for 360 users and will be available for PS3 users at roughly 2:00 PM EST. See all of the details below.

Play a few games and let us know what you're seeing.

Gameplay Updates
  • Fixed an issue where the user would not receive a bonus for picking and holding a side at a faceoff if it was held too long. (This should address the issue of faceoff spamming)
  • Fixed issue where the user could press LB/L1 to instantly popup a player from being injured on the ice.
  • Fixed rare crash that could occur if the controller was pulled during a potential Left Stick hit.
  • Fixed issue where the user was unable to chop the puck using Alternate controls (will now work the same as NHL13).
  • Added the potential for tripping penalties to be called for players that trip an
  • opponent using the shot block.
  • Fixed a rare crash that occurred if the user scored a goal knocking the water bottle off the net at the same time a player was being called for goalie interference.
  • Added logic to break up fights if the user is holding opponent in the hold down state too long.
  • Fixed an issue where a disallowed goal would actually be awarded if a player from the team who scored touched the puck in the net.
Presentation and Graphics
  • Add a missing puck texture for the Wild Wings of the DEL.
  • Updated Ilya Kovalchuk main menu image with Martin Brodeur when favorite team is New Jersey Devils.
  • Updated *. Louis Blues 06-07 jerseys with proper art.
  • Updated the following player portraits with correct image: Matt Murphy (Halifax), David Moss (Phoenix), Brandon Archibald (Saginaw), Matt Halischuk (Winnipeg), Joel Armia (Ässat), Xavier Ouellet (Blainville), Kevin Porter (Buffalo), Danny Groulx (Chicago AHL)
Hockey Ultimate Team
  • Fixed a crash accepting a game invite from the Player HUB when accessed through HUT leaderboard or HUT Seasons leaderboard.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented users from redeeming the collection completion bonus for multiple teams unless they rebooted.
  • Fixed issue where Simulation Game Style was not properly being carried over into offline HUT games.
  • Fixed issue where the consumable level search filter only worked for the first page of results.
  • Fixed issue where some players were being tagged as retired preventing the user from advancing to gameplay with them.
  • Updated the art for common Gold player cards.
  • Added Bronze, Silver, and Gold levels for Logo, Jersey, and Head Coach cards.
  • Fixed an issue which allowed users to keep training items applied to their players indefinitely.
Be A GM
  • Fixed issue where RFA players would delay contract offer responses if they received a contract offer and then a qualifying offer.
  • Fixed an issue where the Scout returns from the wrong place after sending him out from the "I've been waiting a few days..." popup.
  • Updated Division names with New NHL names.
  • Tuning changes to how players are growing in the mode.
Live the Life
  • Fixed issue where the user was unable to change the simming penalty after creating a BAP save game.
  • Fixed issue where post game XP appeared to not be awarded to the user for completing coach’s tasks.
  • Fixed issue where the task for breaking a teammate out of a slump was not being unlocked.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when advancing on the calendar after the Memorial Cup around September 10th.
  • Fixed issue where Legend Milestone for scoring on you first shot of your first shift was not being awarded.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when loading a BAP save file after playing a split screen offline shootout game.
GM Connected
  • Fixed issue where wrong player is displayed on the contracts screen after the user buys out another player.
  • Fixed a rare crash that could occur when advancing to the trade player screen in leagues with a high number of users.
Online Team Play / EASHL
  • Fixed an issue where some users were unable to purchase +7 boost vouchers in the Hockey Shop if they had a large number of +3 boosts unlocked.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when attempting to view a Club Invite message from the HUT leaderboards.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur after a hit is thrown in a one on one practice session
  • Added the ability to turn game misconducts off for EASHL/OTP via tuner update. Player will still earn the 5 min major and then come out of the box.
Audio/Custom Music
  • Fixed Custom Music issue where the Off Play game event was not playing in game.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when the Home team won if the user had every Custom Music game event assigned with a playlist.

Game: NHL 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
NHL 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 bad_philanthropy @ 10/16/13 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
So.... backup goalies still play 50% of the games. SWEET!
I could be wrong, but I believe roster update 4 is supposed to correct this? Which of course means any custom rosters makers need to start over if they want the goalie issue fixed.

# 42 nVschultz1325 @ 10/16/13 03:24 PM
Was really hoping they adressed the hitting. It is so bad. Way too much of it and no consequence for that action. Just very uneven.

# 43 Dougie_G_93 @ 10/16/13 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I could be wrong, but I believe roster update 4 is supposed to correct this? Which of course means any custom rosters makers need to start over if they want the goalie issue fixed.
Yeah. According to EA_HLT over at the EA forums somehow they fixed the goalie rotation bug in roster update #4...

# 44 RefMixture @ 10/16/13 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie_G_93
Yeah. According to EA_HLT over at the EA forums somehow they fixed the goalie rotation bug in roster update #4...
I can report that your comment is accurate. I downloaded roster update #4 and simmed three separate seasons, and all three sims showed goalies were rotated more realistically. When I simmed with an older roster, the bad rotation problem still existed. So I assume this means the roster update and not the patch/tuner fixed the problem. Maybe it was a specific attribute fix, not sure.

# 45 kestrel @ 10/16/13 04:14 PM
I wonder if loading roster 4 (and later updates) as the default roster will have an effect on a preexisting career mode that used a previous or custom roster.

# 46 BigBadAss33 @ 10/16/13 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
to me gameplay is pretty good. really hoping for an AI improvement. Also hoping they fix the fact you can't put a defenseman on a wing during the powerplay. Thats not a huge but the B's do it all the time and stick Chara in front but it won't work here
Am I the only one here that sees the simple fix to this... Play as CHARA at LD and go in front of the net during said PP and a AI teammate will cover your point... seems simple to me...

# 47 JP2419 @ 10/16/13 06:27 PM
I think something that gets overlooked but needs to be re-done are the goal horns. Some of them are so bad. Some teams don't even have the correct sound and some the pitch is too low and too short etc. All the goal horns should be re-done for the next gen console next year.

# 48 javs @ 10/16/13 07:26 PM
So it is not possible to get this patch unless you connect your ps3 with the internet?

# 49 shogunofharlem3 @ 10/16/13 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
Am I the only one here that sees the simple fix to this... Play as CHARA at LD and go in front of the net during said PP and a AI teammate will cover your point... seems simple to me...
Suppose that would work but that isn't really a fix now is it considering I don't play position locked nor should I have to baby sit my players.

Bottom line, a player shouldn't exit the offensive zone and continue skating face first into the bench until the next whistle.

# 50 Cletus @ 10/16/13 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by javs
So it is not possible to get this patch unless you connect your ps3 with the internet?
Let me try to find it for you.

It's possible, but it's a huge hassle because to get it from the internet to your ps3. You can't just save it to a usb stick and put it on the ps3.

# 51 Les Paul @ 10/16/13 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP2419
I think something that gets overlooked but needs to be re-done are the goal horns. Some of them are so bad. Some teams don't even have the correct sound and some the pitch is too low and too short etc. All the goal horns should be re-done for the next gen console next year.
I'll take smarter cpu teammates that know what puck support is over goal horns any day of the week.

# 52 eF 5ive @ 10/16/13 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
Suppose that would work but that isn't really a fix now is it considering I don't play position locked nor should I have to baby sit my players.

Bottom line, a player shouldn't exit the offensive zone and continue skating face first into the bench until the next whistle.
Check your strat settings. I have richards as defense on a PP line and i never see this.

Edit: its obviously stupid its happening and strat shouldnt fix it but maybe a glitch with how you have it set is what im saying if you know what im saying.

# 53 Cletus @ 10/16/13 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP2419
I would just download Cycloniac's horns and apply them in game. It takes about 10 minutes at most. I know what you mean, the small things get ignored and it's what separates this game from The Show.

# 54 Cletus @ 10/16/13 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eF 5ive
Check your strat settings. I have richards as defense on a PP line and i never see this.

Edit: its obviously stupid its happening and strat shouldnt fix it but maybe a glitch with how you have it set is what im saying if you know what im saying.
Having a forward on the point of the PP works, but he's doing the opposite.

# 55 sweetjones @ 10/17/13 12:31 AM
Ive noticed the puck bounces like a basketball on dump-ins. So i deleted the patch.

# 56 Splitter77 @ 10/17/13 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjones
Ive noticed the puck bounces like a basketball on dump-ins. So i deleted the patch.
i dont have the patch and it does this. its done this since i bought the game, so Im pretty sure its not the patch.

# 57 Cletus @ 10/17/13 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
i dont have the patch and it does this. its done this since i bought the game, so Im pretty sure its not the patch.
I haven't had it happen pre-patch. I think this game is a mystery to its devs.

# 58 Gangrel @ 10/17/13 08:24 AM
I have noticed a few dump ins where the puck hits the corner and bounces up over peoples heads......

This is only after the patch. Needs some tuning I think......

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

# 59 dlxsf18 @ 10/17/13 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
I haven't had it happen pre-patch. I think this game is a mystery to its devs.
The overly bouncy puck has been in NHL 14 since the demo. The developers said it was made like this on purpose so that forecheckers on a dump and chase would get the advantage, but it's just making things difficult for everyone. I'd like them to revert it back to normal.

# 60 sweetjones @ 10/17/13 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxsf18
The overly bouncy puck has been in NHL 14 since the demo. The developers said it was made like this on purpose so that forecheckers on a dump and chase would get the advantage, but it's just making things difficult for everyone. I'd like them to revert it back to normal.
That's stupid. I guess to them thats easier than fixing the board play.smh

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.