Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports has released the first next-gen gameplay trailer of NBA 2K14, weighing in at 1:33 of goodness -- set to "In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins.

What do you think?

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 IowaAJ @ 10/17/13 11:38 AM
Unbelievable looks so real

# 122 fsufan4423 @ 10/17/13 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Looks great.

But it's time to take the kid gloves off and start showing gameplay from a Playable angle.

Too many trailers bruh.
Exactly. I know it all about marketing, but stop teasing people and show the footage.

# 123 vito100 @ 10/17/13 11:39 AM
I Keep Seeing people saying about how it plays... Well Seeing that its Currently on 360 and PS3 you have a close idea. Unlike Live who is Next Gen only... It would be great for me if it played like current gen with more things added because of more memory... Just pop it in with your current gen and Imagine it looking like this with more subtleties added. Its Gonna be Awesome! don't worry about gameplay its 2k it will be done correctly Ha!!

# 124 stillfeelme @ 10/17/13 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
Lol at all of the people that said "wait until we see gameplay" or "I wanna see what it looks like from the normal view".

This is 2K. The gameplay has ALWAYS been on point.

As for the normal view, think about real life for a minute. Do you see sweat on someone from 15 feet away? No. So don't have messed up expectation.

Yeah it is going to really look like TV as opposed to looking somewhat like TV like current gen, except from different playable angles. Wow OMG lol that game looks sick.

# 125 headsteez @ 10/17/13 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
All they did was take game footage, zoom it in and splice it up for a trailer. Of course they get hyped during gameplay, that IS gameplay. It's just not a 6 minute quarter, but it's gameplay.
Current gen 2k14 has me skeptical about Next Gen 2k14. I dont like current gen at all. To many steals and blocks. Its not basketball and the passing sucks. This is my opinion btw. I know the trailer was taken from game footage but does it translate well in gameplay. When 2k6 dropped it was really no difference from Next gen and current gen beside shinny players and shorts that moved. Gameplay was identical. Will that be the case again. If so I want no part of it.

# 126 rspencer86 @ 10/17/13 11:41 AM

If gameplay advances as far as the visuals have, this game will never leave my system.

# 127 jayman504 @ 10/17/13 11:41 AM
The more I watch ...the more greedy I get. lol...what will simply put me to "bed" is FINALLY having intro's back. Dim the lights for the home team and with custom sound tracks

# 128 jaateloauto @ 10/17/13 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
Lol at all of the people that said "wait until we see gameplay" or "I wanna see what it looks like from the normal view".

This is 2K. The gameplay has ALWAYS been on point.

As for the normal view, think about real life for a minute. Do you see sweat on someone from 15 feet away? No. So don't have messed up expectation.
It's not about if the gameplay is "on point" but if it's above current gen. If the gameplay is the same you can just stay on current gen this year no matter how pretty it looks.

# 129 TheBadazz @ 10/17/13 11:42 AM
(In Sammy Sosa voice) "It's sooooooo reeeeeal"

2K reign

# 130 poster @ 10/17/13 11:42 AM
Damn, pretty sweet! Finally something that is making me consider keeping my system at launch. Can't wait to see the future of the PC version (please don't stop making it!). It's sad to say, but it's so nice to see players moving in a realistic manner. Not into hoops as much anymore, but I will have to get into it a little bit more now.

I do want to see some real gameplay footage though. Hopefully some CPU-CPU is shown soon. Come on 2K marketing guy, please make it happen.

# 131 8KB24 @ 10/17/13 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
hmmm I was hoping that we see more of these guys...

Now someone make some glorious gifs!
I was hoping for sexier cheerleaders

# 132 tnixen @ 10/17/13 11:43 AM
Will current gen and next gen have different TV Style Presentations?

# 133 HealyMonster @ 10/17/13 11:43 AM

# 134 LingeringRegime @ 10/17/13 11:44 AM
Got damn...

Attachment 67492

# 135 ekferio @ 10/17/13 11:44 AM
I'm beyond impressed. They fixed a lot of the past graphical issues. Bulls jersey don't look pink anymore. And accessories colors for the away team are correct now. Jersey fitments are tighter and not like floating on the body. You can clearly see sweats on the players now. Most of the faces look pretty spot on and hopefully they all have different body types.

# 136 LiquidGotti @ 10/17/13 11:44 AM
OMG!!!
After watching that trailer all I can say is...2K Sports has officially WON NEXT GEN!!!

# 137 tnixen @ 10/17/13 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
I was hoping for sexier cheerleaders
I don't see any cheerleaders in this next gen 2K14 trailer

Just imagine what the cheerleaders would look like on next gen.

# 138 JHUNT3 @ 10/17/13 11:45 AM
Can someone put some of the screenshots up from this amazing video please!!?

# 139 Mr_Riddick @ 10/17/13 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach

If you can't see the video above, check it out on YouTube.

2K Sports has released the first next-gen gameplay trailer of NBA 2K14, weighing in at 1:33 of goodness -- set to "In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins.

What do you think?
Anybody else get goosebumps watching this?

# 140 Jay Jay @ 10/17/13 11:46 AM
I can't close my mouth...somebody get me a doctor

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.