Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

A new screenshot was just posted by EA of NBA Live 14. We are expecting a video complete with 5-on-5 gameplay tomorrow.

What stands out to you in this screen?

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 TeeDogg @ 10/17/13 09:20 PM
I like this shot. looks like the pic itself is low res. but it looks good, I like the lighting. the real deal comes tomorrow though.

what I really like is they had the basket balls to drop this pic today after the 2K trailer. like they are saying "we know you are running things and have the edge, but WE HERE we aint backing down" LOL I like the good natured competition. who wins? us, the gamers.

I don't think live will come near dethroning 2k but if they can show me they are working with something I will pick up a copy for a change of pace

# 42 ufer2 @ 10/17/13 09:24 PM
No one's shorts even reach their knee?!?!?!
Looks like Nike and Adidas shoes and everything else is generic.
Not good.

# 43 apollon42 @ 10/17/13 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
I took one thing away from that pic, how do they not have Derrick Rose knee pads ?
EA always screws up accessories. Something that other game seems to nail.

# 44 iverson_2k @ 10/17/13 09:26 PM
I don't think I've ever been this excited to see some gameplay footage. I really hope EA really means that "LEGIT" comment. B/c the way Scott O'Gallagher talked about this game in the podcast and how smooth it was I hope it's good. I know the graphics won't beat 2k, but at least have good gameplay. That 2k trailer was amazing, I was scared for EA when that dropped. But, hopefully that trailer yesterday is no indication of what we see tomorrow.

# 45 DirtyJerz32 @ 10/17/13 09:27 PM
I'm not going to derail the thread, but you do realize that you should be just as mad at the NFL for the exclusivity. Just sayin...

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to what they have to offer tomorrow morning.

It'll be awesome to have 2 good games of the same sport again. Haven't had that in a looooong time.

# 46 King_B_Mack @ 10/17/13 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
Lolwut? That is definitely inaccurate sir.

# 47 Boilerbuzz @ 10/17/13 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
Ugh... they still look like tall skinny slendermen
That's probably because basketball players ARE tall, skinny slendermen...

# 48 DirtyJerz32 @ 10/17/13 09:29 PM
Quote:
Live never had an issue with accessories and kicks. If my memory serves correct, when 10 was out they had a team that would update the players after they wore something in real life.

# 49 strawberryshortcake @ 10/17/13 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
Ugh... they still look like tall skinny slendermen
Sorry to burst your bubble, but NBA players are slender.

As a 2k fan, this is actually a solid pretty on point screenshot. This has me most excited about Live 14. The decisive factor will come Friday. EA's problem has always been movement. There is always that disconnect between screenshot and in game player movements. If screenshot translates into realistic animations, then we can honestly say real comptition is back in at least one sport title.

(even though Live 10 was praised, Live 10's player movement was terribly, robotically, toyish).

One thing that immediately stands out is wingspan.

# 50 krazyboy225 @ 10/17/13 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufer2
No one's shorts even reach their knee?!?!?!
Looks like Nike and Adidas shoes and everything else is generic.
Not good.
not even the least bit worried about shoes.. or accesories.. nba live always nails shoes and accesories, especially in live 10.

# 51 Boilerbuzz @ 10/17/13 09:34 PM
Quote:

Are you being serious or is that sarcasm? EA is normally the best at this stuff if I'm not mistaken.

# 52 krazyboy225 @ 10/17/13 09:35 PM
Quote:
Tell me you're not serious.

# 53 yungflo @ 10/17/13 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Lolwut? That is definitely inaccurate sir.
agreed, that is usually one of their strong points, accessories

# 54 Pacinodapiff @ 10/17/13 09:46 PM
Cant show LeBron because hes the cover athlete of the other game just like 2k doesnt show Kyrie

# 55 Jay Jay @ 10/17/13 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
I looks good. What we have to realize is 2k will have to show similar gameplay vids. Which will shrink the players just like this. 2k looks great. But how will they match up gameplay wise. This looks good. And live will drop gameplay first. This will be interesting...
I agree that this is some interesting competition going on.

# 56 btrapp @ 10/17/13 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
I'm not going to derail the thread, but you do realize that you should be just as mad at the NFL for the exclusivity. Just sayin...

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to what they have to offer tomorrow morning.

It'll be awesome to have 2 good games of the same sport again. Haven't had that in a looooong time.
You will be waiting a long time for there to be two good games in the basketball genre. This so called "competition" will be a blood bath until ea decides to invest the money and resources needed to make a competitive nba basketball game. Until then, it'll just be a cheap cash grab for the company to make a few extra bucks.

This screenshot looks better than the horrible video footage shown yesterday, but that's not saying much as ea is notorious for touching up their screenshots.

# 57 Fist Of Kings @ 10/17/13 10:19 PM
This look like it should be released on ps3/360. If this photo and the 9 sec clip are any indicator, EA needs to get a new graphics team. I know I shouldn't base this just on graphics, but I just watched some 2K14 next gen footage and it puts it to shame.

# 58 Dr. Poe @ 10/17/13 10:34 PM
Looks wack. 2k got this locked.

# 59 Guapo516 @ 10/17/13 10:36 PM
After seeing 2k trailer, "go home live" *tia and tamera voice*

# 60 F0rl3fclov3r @ 10/17/13 10:56 PM
You ready to hear truth?

The only people who will buy this trash are nba live Fanboys.

This is soooo bad! The player models do not look properly defined, they haven't released a game in years and with less than a month to go, still no video? They have nothing! They are going to put out such a bad game and the time and effort they invested in this is the biggest waste of time and money.

I have always been a fan of EA Sports and I still am, but ever since 2K hit shelves back on Dreamcast, the basketball scene from EA has never been on par. Simple things they still can't grasp, shot stick, player models, net movement, etc.

Please EA, don't put this game out and risk ruining your overall rep, jus back out again, allow 2K to win (because they will anyway) and emphasis your focus on your best features such as Madden. This game looks dreadful!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.