Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 25 next-gen gameplay trailer, as well as 4 more "War in the Trenches" gameplay videos.

Madden NFL 25 - War in the Trenches: Pass Rush & Pocket Time

Quote:
Madden 25 Designer Clint Oldenburg breaks down the pass rush & pocket time that you'll find in the next gen version of Madden 25.

Madden NFL 25 - War in the Trenches: Passing Pocket Formation

Quote:
Madden 25 Designer Clint Oldenburg breaks down the new passing pocket formation that you'll find in the next gen version of Madden 25.

Madden NFL 25 - War in the Trenches: Pass Blocking Footwork

Quote:
Madden 25 Designer Clint Oldenburg breaks down the pass blocking footwork that you'll find in the next gen version of Madden 25.

Madden NFL 25 - War in the Trenches: Sorting

Quote:
Madden 25 Designer Clint Oldenburg breaks down sorting in the next gen version of Madden 25.

Let us know what you think!

Check out the full press release below.

New Details Released on Player Sense, True Step, the War in the Trenches and More

The Madden NFL 25 next-generation gameplay conversation begins today with the debut of the all-new “Feel It” trailer. EA SPORTS will be rolling out full gameplay details on Madden NFL 25 website and Facebook page that highlight how the game reaches new heights on next-gen consoles.

New features introduced in Madden NFL 25 include Player Sense, which enables players to scan the field, anticipate situations before they happen and maneuver based on instinct for the first time ever. Players make up to 50 times the contextual decisions they ever have before, bringing a new level of intelligence to every player on the field. In addition, the implementation of True Step player motion provides unprecedented ball-carrier control, as well as the most organic, user-driven outcomes in franchise history.

Furthermore, the War in the Trenches fundamentally changes the dynamic of the offensive and defensive line. Linemen are able to make four times as many decisions per second, and 300 new blocking animations will lead to never-before-seen situations and outcomes. Offensive linemen intelligently identify the “Mike” linebacker, and shift and sort assignments at the snap in order to target the biggest defensive threats. While the offensive line brings a new arsenal of double-team blocks and blitz pick-ups the defense has gotten smarter too, utilizing bluffs, stunts and angles to find the weak point in the line, split double-team blocks or confuse the protection long enough to get into the backfield. Every down is a new battle to control the line of scrimmage.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 lere2001 @ 10/18/13 05:06 PM
Did no one really notice that in the 3rd video (The chiefs one), the center floats like crazy and warps to block someone?

# 62 CubFan23 @ 10/18/13 05:06 PM
Confusion has set in

# 63 kingsofthevalley @ 10/18/13 05:07 PM
I'm most definitely all in. That looked very good.

The only thing I'm pissed about is seeing this and knowing that NCAA isn't going to be a part of this upgrade. Damn, thats sour.

# 64 wordtobigbird @ 10/18/13 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lere2001
Did no one really notice that in the 3rd video (The chiefs one), the center floats like crazy and warps to block someone?
The thing that bugs me about that video is why the defenders rushing like that? Why are they running 2, 3, 4 steps laterally? They should be crossing the LOS at the snap, or at least trying, but still going to the left or right. not JUST going to the left or right and then turning to go straight at the QB.

# 65 UNC_Pete @ 10/18/13 05:09 PM
That's a lot better than current gen. Now, to see WR/DB interactions, run blocking, appropriate tackling physics, and appropriate ball physics..

# 66 roadman @ 10/18/13 05:09 PM
After the first ESPN video I mentioned there might be more behind curtain #3 and least I was hoping.

Looks like my hoping came out somewhat true. They were hiding important features until today.

# 67 Dr. Banner @ 10/18/13 05:10 PM
A ad on every video huh OS? that's nice. Looks ok. I only have nba 2k preordered, maybe add this.

# 68 atc43 @ 10/18/13 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
The thing that bugs me about that video is why the defenders rushing like that? Why are they running 2, 3, 4 steps laterally? They should be crossing the LOS at the snap, or at least trying, but still going to the left or right. not JUST going to the left or right and then turning to go straight at the QB.
This. Seems to me like theyve still got a lot of things to do concerning line play past blocking AI and player interactions.

# 69 TeeDogg @ 10/18/13 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
After the first ESPN video I mentioned there might be more behind curtain #3 and least I was hoping.

Looks like my hoping came out somewhat true. They were hiding important features until today.
a lot of us knew something was fishy about the ESPN vids. we were just drowned out by the onslaught LOL

# 70 wordtobigbird @ 10/18/13 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Because that's the only way EA can get the game to even work..,

Pretty visuals but really.... Not a huge leap at all given the consoles power.

Copy and pasting... Usual EA
Watching it again and again.

#92 beats his man as soon as he engages with a spin move. But because he wasted all his time running sideways he ran himself out of the play timing wise. If he comes at the QB from the snap and beats his man the same way thats a sack.

# 71 BrianFifaFan @ 10/18/13 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite

This gif is just ridiculous to me. Running full speed, coming to a dead stop in like 2 steps, then spinning? C'mon son...... Again he's not even looking at the defender. Guess it went from psychic DB's to psychic RB's

Like I said the lineplay stuff looks pretty good. Really love that stuff. They just have to overhaul alot of this stuff like they did the line play.
That's what's funny too me. The running animations looked really great, when they were played really slow. I hope this is sped up. But I'm not sure that was. I have a feeling that was default speed. It just still speaks volumes as to the confusion of how this game is being designed/tuned. It's never going to be anywhere near "sim" if they hold onto this love affair with "quick twitch." "Come on man, Madden is about stick skills!" Someone has to decide, once and for all. Please stop listening to the "tourney guys." Let it flow like a real football game. Then it will finally stop looking so bad in motion. Here's to hoping.....

# 72 wordtobigbird @ 10/18/13 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
a lot of us knew something was fishy about the ESPN vids. we were just drowned out by the onslaught LOL
Theres a lot fishy in these videos too.. What say you about that?

# 73 Cold_Fries @ 10/18/13 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite

This gif is just ridiculous to me. Running full speed, coming to a dead stop in like 2 steps, then spinning? C'mon son...... Again he's not even looking at the defender. Guess it went from psychic DB's to psychic RB's

Like I said the lineplay stuff looks pretty good. Really love that stuff. They just have to overhaul alot of this stuff like they did the line play.
I have to admit, as I've played football and have seen lesser skilled players pull this off. So it's almost given that this is possible in the NFL. Stopping on a dime only to do a spin move is very hard as an average player but someone with great footwork and agility will certainly catch you with it, trust me.

# 74 bcruise @ 10/18/13 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Banner
A ad on every video huh OS? that's nice. Looks ok. I only have nba 2k preordered, maybe add this.
That's probably on Youtube, I get a lot of ads when loading videos now.

# 75 TeeDogg @ 10/18/13 05:18 PM
Quote:
Theres a lot fishy in these videos too.. What say you about that?
I say I like most of what I see much more than what I saw in the ESPN vids. perfect? no, still has some EA ish things going on? yeah. but looks like they are moving forward

# 76 raguel @ 10/18/13 05:21 PM
Quote:
Taking those angles off the snap, how are those DL ever going to get to the qb? I don't think I've seen anything like it irl. The animations look ugly (OL sliding to the right) but I can live with that.

# 77 wordtobigbird @ 10/18/13 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
I say I like most of what I see much more than what I saw in the ESPN vids. perfect? no, still has some EA ish things going on? yeah. but looks like they are moving forward
So we are just not allowed to criticize anything?

People are judging what they see and you are blasting them for it. They watch the ESPN video. It was bad. They said "hey this look bad.". They watch this video things look better. They say "hey this looks better". And you are sitting back like "ah ha! i knew the ESPN was BS. You guys should all apologizing for watching the ESPN video and making observations!"

People actually pointed out the double team blocks in the ESPN video it was just hard to see. Now EA showed those things close up and they look good. If they showed the Dline/defenders close up in this video people would see that they look pretty bad.

We judge what we see. Don't assume people are bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raguel
Taking those angles off the snap, how are those DL ever going to get to the qb? I don't think I've seen anything like it irl. The animations look ugly (OL sliding to the right) but I can live with that.
Those horrible angles really do ruin it..

# 78 Dazraz @ 10/18/13 05:24 PM
Can't quite work out this game. Some times it looks really impressive others times not so good.
As for the 60 decisions a second. Really! Maybe if 55 of those decisions involve staring into the middle distance.

# 79 IowaAJ @ 10/18/13 05:24 PM
The pockets look great I love seeing the lineman actually picking up free running defenders.

# 80 TeeDogg @ 10/18/13 05:29 PM
Quote:
So we are just not allowed to criticize anything?

People are judging what they see and you are blasting them for it. They watch the ESPN video. It was bad. They said "hey this look bad.". They watch this video things look better. They say "hey this looks better". And you are sitting back like "ah ha! i knew the ESPN was BS. You guys should all apologizing for watching the ESPN video and making observations!"

People actually pointed out the double team blocks in the ESPN video it was just hard to see. Now EA showed those things close up and they look good. If they showed the Dline/defenders close up in this video people would see that they look pretty bad.

We judge what we see. Don't assume people are bias.

Those horrible angles really do ruin it..
dude I never said anything of the sort LOL was referring to the ESPN vid thread where a few trying to say relax and wait to see some more footage, because something was odd about the whole ESPN releasing footage deal.......trust me in the past Ive complained and criticized EA enough for a lot of us LOL....so complain away big playa

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.