Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 25 next-gen gameplay trailer, as well as 4 more "War in the Trenches" gameplay videos.

Madden NFL 25 - War in the Trenches: Pass Rush & Pocket Time

Quote:
Madden 25 Designer Clint Oldenburg breaks down the pass rush & pocket time that you'll find in the next gen version of Madden 25.

Madden NFL 25 - War in the Trenches: Passing Pocket Formation

Quote:
Madden 25 Designer Clint Oldenburg breaks down the new passing pocket formation that you'll find in the next gen version of Madden 25.

Madden NFL 25 - War in the Trenches: Pass Blocking Footwork

Quote:
Madden 25 Designer Clint Oldenburg breaks down the pass blocking footwork that you'll find in the next gen version of Madden 25.

Madden NFL 25 - War in the Trenches: Sorting

Quote:
Madden 25 Designer Clint Oldenburg breaks down sorting in the next gen version of Madden 25.

Let us know what you think!

Check out the full press release below.

New Details Released on Player Sense, True Step, the War in the Trenches and More

The Madden NFL 25 next-generation gameplay conversation begins today with the debut of the all-new “Feel It” trailer. EA SPORTS will be rolling out full gameplay details on Madden NFL 25 website and Facebook page that highlight how the game reaches new heights on next-gen consoles.

New features introduced in Madden NFL 25 include Player Sense, which enables players to scan the field, anticipate situations before they happen and maneuver based on instinct for the first time ever. Players make up to 50 times the contextual decisions they ever have before, bringing a new level of intelligence to every player on the field. In addition, the implementation of True Step player motion provides unprecedented ball-carrier control, as well as the most organic, user-driven outcomes in franchise history.

Furthermore, the War in the Trenches fundamentally changes the dynamic of the offensive and defensive line. Linemen are able to make four times as many decisions per second, and 300 new blocking animations will lead to never-before-seen situations and outcomes. Offensive linemen intelligently identify the “Mike” linebacker, and shift and sort assignments at the snap in order to target the biggest defensive threats. While the offensive line brings a new arsenal of double-team blocks and blitz pick-ups the defense has gotten smarter too, utilizing bluffs, stunts and angles to find the weak point in the line, split double-team blocks or confuse the protection long enough to get into the backfield. Every down is a new battle to control the line of scrimmage.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 wordtobigbird @ 10/18/13 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Bro no need for name calling. It's rude to do that. Let's keep this on topic please.
Edited.. I just find it incredibly annoying that people take that stance. Lapse of judgement.

# 162 LBzrule @ 10/18/13 09:13 PM
I really liked the pressure from the DE on the right side from Dallas. Need to see a lot more from this game though.

# 163 PantherBeast_OS @ 10/18/13 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Please never compared Rockstar and EA Sports and GTA5 to Madden.

The ratio from flaws to things gotten correct is not even close.. GTA5 is a MASSIVE game with so much going on and I rarely have things happen that take me completely out of the immersion. There are bugs in GTA5 of course. The online didnt work well for a few days. If EA was on Rockstars level of quality we wouldn't even have to be concerned about what Madden 25 will be on next gen.

For Rockstar to do what EA does a MAJOR part of GTA5 would have to be completely broken as ar many many parts of Madden's game..
Bro just chill. I was just using R* as example. No need go overboard. I was just saying. I'm just saying that no game will ever be flawless no what game it is. Yes I know EA track record on how they made maddens this gen. But I was just pointing out the fact that no what EA does. Madden will never be bug and glitch free.

# 164 wordtobigbird @ 10/18/13 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Bro just chill. I was just using R* as example. No need go overboard. I was just saying. I'm just saying that no game will ever be flawless no what game it is. Yes I know EA track record on how they made maddens this gen. But I was just pointing out the fact that no what EA does. Madden will never be bug and glitch free.
And I am just saying we are not talking about bugs and glitches. You think Madden's problems are bugs and glitches? Gameplay elements are broken. I think that constitutes much more than a bug/glitch.

# 165 jpdavis82 @ 10/18/13 09:16 PM
Ok here's the picture I was trying to refer to earlier when I said the trailer showed that True Step affects more than just the ball carrier. Around 1:28 it shows the db is back pedaling.

# 166 wordtobigbird @ 10/18/13 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Ok here's the picture I was trying to refer to earlier when I said the trailer showed that True Step affects more than just the ball carrier. Around 1:28 it shows the db is back pedaling.
Yeah I saw that gif but why does it seem like all the defenders don't do that? The other gif shows the DB with footwork nothing like that. That's what concerns me.

# 167 wordtobigbird @ 10/18/13 09:23 PM

I just want a little clarification. Hopefully the old build/new build excuse is legitimate and all the DBs will get this footwork. This would be huge help to bringing defense back to Madden. Especially after watching the Seahawks play D last night. I want to see talented DBs making an impact.

# 168 raguel @ 10/18/13 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joec63
In all of these clips they have a stunt on to highlight the awareness of the line picking it up.
There's no stunt on that play, and even if there was they are still taking horrible angles.

# 169 PantherBeast_OS @ 10/18/13 09:35 PM
Quote:
And I am just saying we are not talking about bugs and glitches. You think Madden's problems are bugs and glitches? Gameplay elements are broken. I think that constitutes much more than a bug/glitch.
And I understand next gen is a port and the next gen engine is just on top of the old coding and stuff. But at least EA is trying to improve things like the pocket, and oline/dline interaction and that. It ain't going be perfect in the first year. But it is a first step. At least they are trying. Far as them start from scratch is out the door now. Whether they will do it down the road is anyone guess. But this game or no other game will ever be perfect. But i understand where people are coming from when it comes to seeing players sliding around sometime or they look like they are floating on air. I try to over look it and keep playing. But again I understand people and their wanting a better game. I'm the same way. I'm still playing Madden11 for the past 3 solid years now. I've hated the past 3 maddens starting with Madden12 and current gen Madden25. But next gen Madden25 looks improve and am looking forward to it.

# 170 Hiro1 @ 10/18/13 09:38 PM
Quote:
You sound like a person who is assuming they can read the minds of people over the internet.. everyone is here because we either A) Like madden B) want to like madden. I've never even played APF 2k8.
I don't assume to read minds, I read post. It's just been a general concept at operationsports the last couple of years to Support 2K and bash madden. If someone does the opposite bash them too.

# 171 PantherBeast_OS @ 10/18/13 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
I can accept some flaws, but the things we have seen for years keep coming back. Like sliding...they have been sliding in Madden and most sports games since....wow...a very long time. At this point, flaws like that need to go. Some I can live with, some I cant
And I agree with you. But after playing Madden for 22 years now. I've got use to it I guess. But I wish they would do the same. But so long as they got the old coding underneath the new engine. It ain't going to happen. Something I guess we will have to live with or don't buy the game period.

# 172 SageInfinite @ 10/18/13 10:12 PM
Quote:

I just want a little clarification. Hopefully the old build/new build excuse is legitimate and all the DBs will get this footwork. This would be huge help to bringing defense back to Madden. Especially after watching the Seahawks play D last night. I want to see talented DBs making an impact.
That stuff will definitely be in the game. It's an EA signature, lol. That stuff don't bother them.

# 173 Daywalker86 @ 10/18/13 10:14 PM
I spy a suction block in that "sorting" clip....anyone else see that?

# 174 wordtobigbird @ 10/18/13 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker86
I spy a suction block in that "sorting" clip....anyone else see that?
Honestly the more I watch the more I see guys just getting sucked/warped into perfect blocks. They are showcasing the feature so I will just wait until they showcase the defense and see what happens.

# 175 joshuacyk @ 10/18/13 10:23 PM
Agreed. I think that sorting is definitely good on offense. BUT it should still be tied to the O-line's awareness if not it will blocking will be invincible and pass rush invisible again.

# 176 RandyBass @ 10/18/13 10:23 PM
How does line play feel while on defense though? Do you still get sucked into animations or do you actually feel like you're in control? Is it still the overly simplistic win or lose system or is there an actual battle for leverage?

New animations seem to suggest it will feel a lot better, but you'd think they'd at least mention it if it were true.

I will give them credit for targeting the most important part of the game in this here first edition. If they work on DB/WR interaction for next year and actually get some PI calls in the game we might have something.

# 177 Jet Sufferer @ 10/18/13 10:44 PM
Just re watched all the trench videos a bunch of times, I had only seen the last one in the other thread at first.

First thing that scares me is in every video the RDE gets tied up with LT every time, kind of like how usering the RDE has been frustrating the past 9 years, perhaps it's a coincidence, perhaps it's a carryover, we shall see.

When the defenders simply fire off and engage the game looks good, like in the first video you have a double team, and some single teams and the ends both rush upfield and it's not too bad except that darn RDE doesn't always immediately engage he takes his half step and gets locked up. I WISH he tried some kind of move so if I could see if he was going to get tied up in the long patty cake animation or get squashed as has happened so many times over the years.

Seeing only the LDE get pressure gives me pause because that's the way it's been it seems like since PS2, so excuse me if I'm suspicious, lol.

Where I see trouble is when the D line stunts or tries do something other than going straight upfield, the running sideways parallel to the field and then turning just looks awful, there was a bunch of odd stuff going on in the last "sorting" video that we broke down in another thread, watch that sorting video enough times you'll see plenty of head scratching stuff.

I liked the first trench vid the most and each successive one I liked less, I didn't like what I saw in the "sorting" one at all.

It does look better. But I tend to watch these things 10, 20 times before commenting, because you know when you play the game, you're excited sometimes for a day or two then you notice the weird stuff happening, sound familiar?

Looks better, hope there are sliders that work, hope the RDE can get pressure, and hope the DT's aren't sack monsters. Won't know if it's the "same" game until I go hands on.

# 178 Jet Sufferer @ 10/18/13 10:46 PM
As for these little digital dudes making 50-100 calculations per second (as stated in the video) just give me a break EA, they're not, and do you have 50-100 animations per situation???? No you don't so there will never be 50-100 possible outcomes for each situation these little digital geniuses calculate per second, bunch of little Einsteins out there in cleats, LOL.

# 179 Wmaigur @ 10/18/13 11:09 PM
Honestly, when I watched these videos I kept saying to myself that these are things that should've been implemented five years ago on the current GEN systems. I still can't get over the NBA 2K 14 footage and just don't want to settle for mediocrity. We've been settling for just a mediocre NFL experience for the last eight years now if not longer. I just refuse to pay good money to play this garbage any longer EA is incapable of capturing the NFL experience like 2k did eight years ago.

# 180 The_Balm @ 10/18/13 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
As for these little digital dudes making 50-100 calculations per second (as stated in the video) just give me a break EA, they're not, and do you have 50-100 animations per situation???? No you don't so there will never be 50-100 possible outcomes for each situation these little digital geniuses calculate per second, bunch of little Einsteins out there in cleats, LOL.
All they mean is they loop through their AI routine X times a second not that the players change their mind on what they're doing that many times a second. For example if a player is running he's making sure that his path is clear. They're not swerving and changing animations that fast, they're just keeping themselves updated with where they are and where other players are (much like humans are constantly using their eyes to scan their environment) and checking for any imminent problems like tacklers, an incoming ball etc.

This does not mean that their system is effective or great (I do hope it will be), but there is no reason to knock it due to the speed they claim, it is perfectly reasonable.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.