Home
WWE 2K14 News Post

2K Sports has just revealed their WWE 2K14 Season Pass and DLC details, which includes new WWE superstars, legends, divas, the Accelerator, moves pack and creations pack. These will be available in DLC packs or get them all with the season pass for $19.99. Plenty of new WWE 2K14 screenshots here.

ACCELERATOR
  • Available for a suggested purchase cost of $1.99.
  • Customize the overall rankings and attributes levels of every WWE Superstar, Legend, and Diva in the game. Also unlocks every WWE Superstar, Legend, and Diva, including alternate attires and all arenas and championships in WWE 2K14.
  • Scheduled for release on launch day – October 29, 2013 in North America and November 1, 2013 internationally.
NWO PACK
  • The Giant will be available free of charge!
  • Available for a suggested purchase cost of $8.99.
  • Playable New World Order-themed Superstars:
    • Kevin Nash
    • Scott Hall
    • “Macho Man” Randy Savage
    • Syxx
    • Curt Hennig
    • Scott Steiner
  • Scheduled for worldwide release in November 2013.
WWE SUPERSTARS AND MOVES PACK
  • Summer Rae will be available free of charge!
  • Available for a suggested purchase cost of $7.99.
  • Playable WWE Superstars and Divas:
    • Fandango
    • Big E Langston
    • Brie Bella
    • Nikki Bella
  • More than 30 new moves and taunts:
    • Koji Clutch
    • Soda Plunge
    • Black Widow
    • Leaping Tombstone Piledriver w/Pin Combo
    • Inverted DDT
    • Diving Headbutt
    • Explosive Dropkick
    • Elbow/Back Stabber Combo
    • Rope Flip Armdrag
    • Double Jump Body Splash
    • Two-Hand Chokeslam
    • Lil’ Jimmy
    • Shoulder Switch Powerslam
    • Zack Ryder Comeback
    • Alpamare Waterslide
    • Rope Hung Kick to Mid-Section
    • Package Piledriver
    • Burning Hammer
    • Butterfly Suplex Armbar
    • Corkscrew Shooting Star Press
    • Standing Shooting Star Press
    • Standing Corkscrew Moonsault
    • Springboard 450 Splash
    • Psycho Driver
    • Rebound Big Boot
    • Rebound Elbow Strike
    • Moonstomp
    • Billy Goat’s Curse
    • Pumphandle Neckbreaker
    • Suplex Backbreaker
    • KO
    • Hangman’s Facebuster
    • Cradle DDT
    • Powerbomb Lungblower
    • Wrist Lock Lariat
  • Scheduled for worldwide release in December 2013.
WWE LEGENDS AND CREATIONS PACK
  • Virgil will be available free of charge!
  • Available for a suggested purchase cost of $8.99.
  • Playable WWE Hall of Famers and Superstars:
    • Bruno Sammartino
    • “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes
    • “Ravishing” Rick Rude
    • Jake “The Snake” Roberts
  • 14 new Superstar Heads and models to utilize in Custom Superstar:
    • Alberto Del Rio
    • Antonio Cesaro
    • Batista
    • CM Punk (long hair)
    • Daniel Bryan (clean cut)
    • Dolph Ziggler
    • Goldberg
    • Kane (no mask)
    • Mankind
    • Ryback
    • Sheamus
    • The Miz
    • Triple H (short hair)
    • Undertaker (long hair)
  • Scheduled for worldwide release in January 2014.
WWE 2K14 SEASON PASS
  • Available for a one-time purchase cost of $19.99 (a savings of more than 25 percent versus individual content purchases).
  • Season Pass Program Exclusive “The Outsiders”-themed Superstars:
    • Scott Hall
    • Kevin Nash
  • All content packs:
    • Accelerator
    • nWo Pack
    • WWE Superstars and Moves Pack
    • WWE Legends and Creations Pack
  • Online Badges: More than 10 exclusive options
Source - 2K

WWE 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view WWE 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view WWE 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view WWE 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: WWE 2K14Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
WWE 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 SmashMan @ 10/23/13 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
It's one thing to get extra content for a game, I'll pay for extra content gladly. However when things are purposely held back from the game in order to sell it to you at later date? That's garbage that shouldn't be stood for. Like Fandango and Big E both of them were around before the Wrestlemania cut off date for roster additions and yet they didn't include them and now are charging you after your 60 dollar purchase for characters that should have already been included.
There's also the release schedule. Showing everyone in the trailer means they're likely done or at an advanced stage of creation (as they've stated it takes three months to make a character model?) - so it comes off even more like they're arbitrarily holding things back. Like you, I'm cool with DLC, but it shouldn't be things that reasonably should be on disc.

(I'm 28, for what it's worth.)

# 42 nate1986 @ 10/23/13 11:59 AM
I don't disagree I think its lazy of 2k and/or WWE to force us to pay for langston, Bella's and fandango when they should have been in game from the start (and the Usos not being in at all) but it is what it is

I'm 27 for what its worth

# 43 schmit_95 @ 10/23/13 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
That's a terrible connection you're trying to make here. It doesn't have anything to do with age or anything like that. It's about being a consumer and someone responsible with their money.

I'm 29 years old, I don't have the cash to just throw away recklessly. It's one thing to get extra content for a game, I'll pay for extra content gladly. However when things are purposely held back from the game in order to sell it to you at later date? That's garbage that shouldn't be stood for. Like Fandango and Big E both of them were around before the Wrestlemania cut off date for roster additions and yet they didn't include them and now are charging you after your 60 dollar purchase for characters that should have already been included. Then you look at the moves list. The Black Widow is one of the moves in the list. As in AJ's finishing move the Black Widow? So she's on the roster that's shipping with the game but I have to pay additional money for her move? Lil' Jimmy is a DLC move? Is R-Truth not already on the roster? There's no defending that ****.
Your right, I worded it totally wrong. Hope I didn't offend you. An I hear all of your points, and agree. But the thing is, 2k doesn't owe us anything. Unfortunatly they can remove anything they want even if it was already in the game for years and years. With that being said, you have every right to voice your displeasure with their business practices. I guess I'm too old and jaded to get all bent out of shape over this kind of stuff. Haha. (36 if your wondering).

# 44 SmashMan @ 10/23/13 12:24 PM
I don't understand the "2K doesn't owe us anything" statement. It's not unreasonable to expect that relevant content deemed important enough to include as DLC last year (Usos) make it on-disc the next year.

I don't expect legend DLC to carry over year-to-year (as that should be more tied to that specific year's roster), but current roster absolutely should.

I'm again going to cite their statement that it takes three months to make a model (here, near bottom of page). Fandango and Big E made their in-ring debuts in April. By that timeline, these guys should be finished in mid-summer. I'm assuming they're also motion-capturing their moves and getting music/video from WWE at the same time. They can't be put in a game by October release? They're not tied to the WM Mode, so they wouldn't need any more testing than anyone else.

That's the stuff that gets me. I like the idea of DLC (I've purchased hundreds of songs in Rock Band), but I don't like to be so obviously screwed. DLC should be things that legitimately couldn't be finished in time, be it technical or licensing reasons, or whatever - not guys that could realistically have made the main game.

# 45 DanH35 @ 10/23/13 02:57 PM
I'm not sure about Big E, but I heard that Fandango was supposed to be on the main roster, but it would have been without Summer Rae with him. They made Fandango DLC so they could have Summer Rae with him.

# 46 schmit_95 @ 10/23/13 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I don't understand the "2K doesn't owe us anything" statement. It's not unreasonable to expect that relevant content deemed important enough to include as DLC last year (Usos) make it on-disc the next year.

I don't expect legend DLC to carry over year-to-year (as that should be more tied to that specific year's roster), but current roster absolutely should.

I'm again going to cite their statement that it takes three months to make a model (here, near bottom of page). Fandango and Big E made their in-ring debuts in April. By that timeline, these guys should be finished in mid-summer. I'm assuming they're also motion-capturing their moves and getting music/video from WWE at the same time. They can't be put in a game by October release? They're not tied to the WM Mode, so they wouldn't need any more testing than anyone else.

That's the stuff that gets me. I like the idea of DLC (I've purchased hundreds of songs in Rock Band), but I don't like to be so obviously screwed. DLC should be things that legitimately couldn't be finished in time, be it technical or licensing reasons, or whatever - not guys that could realistically have made the main game.
Yeah I hear that man. But I think the gripe shouldnt be with the fact that those guys should have been included, I think the gripe is the fact that there are about 27 slots taken up by 9 guys. That is alot of roster space that could have been devoted to a few more characters. Know what I mean?
And i think they left that fandango guy out because frankly, hes a lame character in the same vein as santino. They probably nixed him in the roster meetings they had, but decided to include him when his "theme song" took off for about 30 seconds. Really I wish this whole game was devoted to the past, I could care less about any of the current guys, other than show, taker, H and Brock. I would much rather have all of the current "stars" removed and have Booker, Eddie, The outlaws, demolition, Piper, and Luger all in. Not a stretch, theyve all been in the last few years I believe. How great would that be?

# 47 SmashMan @ 10/23/13 04:30 PM
I'm split on the duplicate guys. On the one hand, they could use some of the time devoted to creating them and instead create new guys. On the other hand, different models really helps out in the Attitude Era and 30 Years of WM mode. If they're going to have them in the game anyway, I like that they are separate and I can change music and all that.

I mean, it's a time management thing, not a "We have ___ roster spots, let's create all these duplicates!" You know?

I'd also like a game with an older theme one year. I actually like the idea of reliving these past moments, so if they could do one with the late 80's-early 90's I'd enjoy it. I wouldn't want it at the expense of the current roster, but hopefully they can do it one of these days. After Attitude and WM, not sure where they go next year for the nostalgia fix.

# 48 schmit_95 @ 10/23/13 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I'm split on the duplicate guys. On the one hand, they could use some of the time devoted to creating them and instead create new guys. On the other hand, different models really helps out in the Attitude Era and 30 Years of WM mode. If they're going to have them in the game anyway, I like that they are separate and I can change music and all that.

I mean, it's a time management thing, not a "We have ___ roster spots, let's create all these duplicates!" You know?

I'd also like a game with an older theme one year. I actually like the idea of reliving these past moments, so if they could do one with the late 80's-early 90's I'd enjoy it. I wouldn't want it at the expense of the current roster, but hopefully they can do it one of these days. After Attitude and WM, not sure where they go next year for the nostalgia fix.
I myself am hoping for a WCW/ECW/monday night war type of mode. I would absolutey love that. And instead of recreating the past like attitude/30 years of wrestlemania, maybe it could be a mode like NBA2k14 Lebron path to greatness. We could control the WWE and beat WCW, or change the past and have a fantasy outcome. How great would that be!!!??

# 49 PVarck31 @ 10/23/13 04:55 PM
Let me preface this with what I'm about to say is not necessarily something I support.

This is the gaming world we live in. We better get used to it. COD charges for maps (I know that's different than charging for wrestlers that exist but it illiterates my point) NCAA football charges for uniforms, and plenty of other games charge for after-market content.

Once again, I'm simply pointing out the fact that games have gone the way of micro transactions. Not the fact that certain wrestlers are DLC.

Fair or not its not going away.

# 50 SmashMan @ 10/23/13 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Let me preface this with what I'm about to say is not necessarily something I support.

This is the gaming world we live in. We better get used to it. COD charges for maps (I know that's different than charging for wrestlers that exist but it illiterates my point) NCAA football charges for uniforms, and plenty of other games charge for after-market content.

Once again, I'm simply pointing out the fact that games have gone the way of micro transactions. Not the fact that certain wrestlers are DLC.

Fair or not its not going away.
Yeah, I have no problem with DLC in general.

My gripe is with certain wrestlers that I believe arrived with more than enough time to be added to the core game or were in recently enough that their main assets are accounted for. DLC for guys that arrived late or are 'extra' (in the sense that they are legends that don't necessarily fit that year's focus)? Sign me up.

# 51 satchmykels @ 10/24/13 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I'm not exactly sure how the editing works, I know I won't be able to change his name, but will I able able to take Curt Hennig and make him lose the NWO attire or does it need to be one of the guys they have a superstar head for in order to be able to edit that stuff?

I'm thinking we should be able to change the color of his shirt and then make the logo and lettering the same color, making them invisible, but I don't know for sure.

# 52 satchmykels @ 10/24/13 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I'm not exactly sure how the editing works, I know I won't be able to change his name, but will I able able to take Curt Hennig and make him lose the NWO attire or does it need to be one of the guys they have a superstar head for in order to be able to edit that stuff?
I'm thinking we should be able to change the color of his shirt and then make the logo and lettering the same color, making them invisible, but I don't know for sure.

# 53 st0rmb11 @ 10/24/13 01:07 PM
Don't know if this has already been discussed or brought up in here, but I noticed this while I was on the wwe.2k.com website, looking at the roster.

I have no issue with them making Kevin Nash and Scott Hall separate DLC, rather than just making them alternate attires for Diesel and Razor Ramon.

However, I do have a problem with them giving us 2 different Scott Hall and Kevin Nash DLCs, with one being Scott Hall (Outsiders) and the other being Scott Hall (NWO)(and Nash being the same way). Why they couldn't just make Kevin Nash and Scott Hall be DLC, and give them both alternate attires that you can also download is beyond me.

# 54 schmit_95 @ 10/24/13 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by st0rmb11
Don't know if this has already been discussed or brought up in here, but I noticed this while I was on the wwe.2k.com website, looking at the roster.

I have no issue with them making Kevin Nash and Scott Hall separate DLC, rather than just making them alternate attires for Diesel and Razor Ramon.

However, I do have a problem with them giving us 2 different Scott Hall and Kevin Nash DLCs, with one being Scott Hall (Outsiders) and the other being Scott Hall (NWO)(and Nash being the same way). Why they couldn't just make Kevin Nash and Scott Hall be DLC, and give them both alternate attires that you can also download is beyond me.
I thought the same thing, and was very annoyed by it. But, I think if you buy the season pass you get the outsiders day one, and Hall and Nash get released later down the line. While its annoying, I 'll take my outsiders day one, rather than wait until probably mid January.
What would have been GOLD would have been a NWO/DX pack...Henning, Steiner, and road dogg and billy gunn, and Syxx/Xpac....

# 55 btrapp @ 10/24/13 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xman2k
Yeah really, how can they tell you what's DLC BEFORE the game even releases?? That means they are finished and could have been included but were held off to make more money and announcing it so people would know about it to jump on and buy it.
The truth is, this is what the majority of dlc actually is. Developers make games and then chop them up and sell them to us in pieces. It's sad, but since the video game industry has almost no regulations, they can pretty much do what they want.

I've got know problem with folks being excited about the dlc because the content seems to be really good, but I just wish the loyal customers weren't being shamelessly milked like this.

# 56 Mercury112491 @ 10/24/13 04:21 PM
Look at it this way. The alternative is probably a major rise in the base price of games.

# 57 almostbobsaget @ 10/24/13 10:04 PM
This might have been said already, and I think it applies to all games and no necessarily this game, but here goes.

I think charging for DLC has benefits in the longevity of support for games. This generation of games has a constant demand for support, patches, and updates. That requires someone or multiple someones to be on a game's payroll to support these updates. I think that DLC is a way for publishers to continue to support a game long after it's release date, which is a jump from previous consoles where you got the game at release and that was it --bugs, glitches, and all.

And games this generation need a lot more work from a design and development perspective. If you wanted to make the argument that No Mercy had a completely up to date roster the day of release, you need to realize it took much less time to throw together a rough mock up of a wrestler and throw him into the game. Now, you have probably (and I'm totally throwing a made up number out here) about 60-100 hours of payroll you have to pump in to getting a wrestler into the game.

So I'd argue DLC is a perk of this generation, even if it seems like it's providing pieces that most consumers think should be in the game to begin with. It provides more support for games and, in an economy where companies are watching expenses and struggling to keep finances in the black, it's probably one of the only things allowing some games from being able to be developed.

# 58 schmit_95 @ 10/25/13 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostbobsaget
This might have been said already, and I think it applies to all games and no necessarily this game, but here goes.

I think charging for DLC has benefits in the longevity of support for games. This generation of games has a constant demand for support, patches, and updates. That requires someone or multiple someones to be on a game's payroll to support these updates. I think that DLC is a way for publishers to continue to support a game long after it's release date, which is a jump from previous consoles where you got the game at release and that was it --bugs, glitches, and all.

And games this generation need a lot more work from a design and development perspective. If you wanted to make the argument that No Mercy had a completely up to date roster the day of release, you need to realize it took much less time to throw together a rough mock up of a wrestler and throw him into the game. Now, you have probably (and I'm totally throwing a made up number out here) about 60-100 hours of payroll you have to pump in to getting a wrestler into the game.

So I'd argue DLC is a perk of this generation, even if it seems like it's providing pieces that most consumers think should be in the game to begin with. It provides more support for games and, in an economy where companies are watching expenses and struggling to keep finances in the black, it's probably one of the only things allowing some games from being able to be developed.
Very well said. I agree 100%.

# 59 Ice_Cold345 @ 10/25/13 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostbobsaget

Yes, but as a consumer, I don't want to feel like I'm being ripped off. $20 for all of the DLC, ok, so what do you get from it? Characters that have already been made and some people won't even touch, except for their moves. For that same $20, I could buy two expansions for Borderlands 2 (Tiny Tina's and Mr. Torgue for example), go buy Far-Cry 3 pre-owned for $20, Arkham City + Mass Effect 2, etc. etc.

There are so many single games/combos of games that you can for $20, where the $20 for DLC is just too much for what you get. You get an "outstanding" (not counting free ones) 16 characters, which is $1.25 a character(not count moves here obviously). Now, it's not like most DLC, where it's created post-release, so it's fresh and keeps some money flowing and getting money for their work. However in Yukes/THQ guys case, they want to charge you for work that should be already on the disc(Big E and Fandango for example.)

Yes, you get extra moves (30 + moves for DLC guys), but when you combine it with characters, it shouldn't be $20 for it all. I would put the price at $15. $0.75 per wrestler, + $3 for moves/superstar heads. It's a $5 difference, but that $5 is 25% off.

I know it sounds like I complain about stuff all the time, but I want to not feel like I'm being ripped off, and that I getting good bang for my buck. For WWE '13, the only DLC guys are used were current day guys. I rarely have old era guys in my Universe, because it doesn't feel right.

I know that everyone is different and some people may get more out of the NWO and Classic Era guys, so $20 seems fair, but for me, $15 would be the absolute max that I would pay for it all. Also, they better have fixed it where, if people's DLC didn't match up, they couldn't play. Have they ever heard of compatibility patches? Seriously, that bothered me that I couldn't play one of my friends because he didn't have the DLC (had free characters) because we didn't match on DLC, so dumb.

# 60 schmit_95 @ 10/25/13 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Cold345
Yes, but as a consumer, I don't want to feel like I'm being ripped off. $20 for all of the DLC, ok, so what do you get from it? Characters that have already been made and some people won't even touch, except for their moves. For that same $20, I could buy two expansions for Borderlands 2 (Tiny Tina's and Mr. Torgue for example), go buy Far-Cry 3 pre-owned for $20, Arkham City + Mass Effect 2, etc. etc.

There are so many single games/combos of games that you can for $20, where the $20 for DLC is just too much for what you get. You get an "outstanding" (not counting free ones) 16 characters, which is $1.25 a character(not count moves here obviously). Now, it's not like most DLC, where it's created post-release, so it's fresh and keeps some money flowing and getting money for their work. However in Yukes/THQ guys case, they want to charge you for work that should be already on the disc(Big E and Fandango for example.)

Yes, you get extra moves (30 + moves for DLC guys), but when you combine it with characters, it shouldn't be $20 for it all. I would put the price at $15. $0.75 per wrestler, + $3 for moves/superstar heads. It's a $5 difference, but that $5 is 25% off.

I know it sounds like I complain about stuff all the time, but I want to not feel like I'm being ripped off, and that I getting good bang for my buck. For WWE '13, the only DLC guys are used were current day guys. I rarely have old era guys in my Universe, because it doesn't feel right.

I know that everyone is different and some people may get more out of the NWO and Classic Era guys, so $20 seems fair, but for me, $15 would be the absolute max that I would pay for it all. Also, they better have fixed it where, if people's DLC didn't match up, they couldn't play. Have they ever heard of compatibility patches? Seriously, that bothered me that I couldn't play one of my friends because he didn't have the DLC (had free characters) because we didn't match on DLC, so dumb.
I think a post above hit the nail on the head with Fandango, they wanted his valet in there, but she probably wasnt ready in time, so they inlcluded both in a DLC pack. Now if you said Golddust and Booker T, they absolutley both should have been on disc, why they arent DLC is beyond me.....

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.