Home
FIFA 14 News Post

EA Sports has posted details on some of their next-gen FIFA 14 features, including Elite Technique, Pro Instincts, Precision Movement and Living Worlds.

They have also posted upgrade offers for those of you interested in trading in current-gen FIFA 14 for next-gen.

Check out some of the new FIFA 14 next-gen screenshots for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Elite Technique
Thanks to the power of the new consoles and the EA SPORTS IGNITE engine, FIFA 14 includes more than 1,000 new animations which create hundreds of new skills and behaviors. New touch passes, slices and lobs have been added, along with behaviors like off-balance shots, panic turns, missed shot reactions and more.

And for the first time ever in the FIFA series, multiple players can compete for balls in the air. Not only will there be situations where three or four players can all vie for ball, but each will also have greater control with a variety of new headers. Players will be able to adjust the power, angle and direction of the header as they contest for the ball.

Pro Instincts
Players make decisions four times faster than on previous consoles. Decision-making is now based on multiple frames per second, resulting in players that are more aware of their surroundings and react accordingly. Depending on the situation, an attacking player may check his run, back into a defender or brace for an incoming tackle. During a sprint, a player may feint or leap over a sliding defender while still maintaining possession of the ball. Defenders will recognize more opportunities to support and pressure the opposition to help create balance.

Gameplay will be dynamic and continuous in FIFA 14 on next-gen consoles. Players will actually interact with sideline characters throughout the match, rushing towards ball boys if the clock is winding down late in the match. In the build-up to corners, players will jockey for position in the box.

Precision Movement
In FIFA 14, gameplay is built around True Player Motion and delivers a whole new feel in the game. Players will have unique step animations instead of blended run cycles, which means that every step counts. Foot slides have been eliminated and players will use true bio-mechanics to shift their weight from one leg to the other as they run. This dramatically changes the feel, look and realism within the game as players will be more grounded as they move across the pitch.

Players will gradually gain or lose speed as they run but will still have a burst of speed available. Using it incorrectly or relying on it too much may prove costly. Momentum is preserved while sprinting, so there’s a balance to ensure each match still feels authentic. And more player personality will be visible in the way each player moves around the pitch.

Living Worlds
Nothing compares to a stadium full of fans cheering in unison. With FIFA 14, the crowds come to life with 3D crowd technology that completely changes the atmosphere of a match and makes every stadium feel alive.

The all-new In-Game Director will make each game of FIFA 14 on next-gen consoles feel like a match from the real world. Over 120 different broadcast cameras are positioned around the pitch, each following different players to build storylines and provide stunning new replay angles. You’ll even be able to trigger a replay of a previous important moment during any stoppage of play.

Source - EA Sports

FIFA Soccer 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA Soccer 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: FIFA Soccer 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
FIFA Soccer 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 eaw913 @ 10/23/13 09:25 AM
It's because they aren't afraid to show their game.

# 2 Dogslax41 @ 10/23/13 09:27 AM
Nice to see we (American) PS4 users get the royal shaft on upgrading. That may make my decision to just stick with PC.

# 3 Halloween @ 10/23/13 09:36 AM
...and another round of throwing random names out there to demonstrate "improvments" marketing suitable.

Adding animations is a regular for every sports game since the beginning of time and suddenly it's the Elite Technique lmao. This company is ridiculous.

# 4 Dogslax41 @ 10/23/13 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween
...and another round of throwing random names out there to demonstrate "improvments" marketing suitable.

Adding animations is a regular for every sports game since the beginning of time and suddenly it's the Elite Technique lmao. This company is ridiculous.
Elite technique is referring to the player technique on the field and the level they appear to play at due to the new animations not the act of adding the animations. They have added a ton of very important animations that they didn't have the space for on current gen that make the player appear much more world class than in the past when they would look clumsy playing a ball with one of their limited animations.

# 5 poster @ 10/23/13 10:22 AM
The PC version spoils me, with all of the modding involved to add to the game. Just don't know if I can play the game with ea sports themed items plastered all over the adboards and stadium signage. Sounds good though, and the current gen is making more sim strides, so we'll see.

Would like to see some new videos with all of this in action, preferably cpu vs cpu, but I am sure that is a pipe dream.

# 6 cavs25 @ 10/23/13 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Elite technique is referring to the player technique on the field and the level they appear to play at due to the new animations not the act of adding the animations. They have added a ton of very important animations that they didn't have the space for on current gen that make the player appear much more world class than in the past when they would look clumsy playing a ball with one of their limited animations.
See it works.
Those EA buzzwords.
LIVING WORLDS, PRECISION MOVEMENT!
As opposed to what?
Dead worlds and imprecise movement?

# 7 Dogslax41 @ 10/23/13 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
The PC version spoils me, with all of the modding involved to add to the game. Just don't know if I can play the game with ea sports themed items plastered all over the adboards and stadium signage. Sounds good though, and the current gen is making more sim strides, so we'll see.

Would like to see some new videos with all of this in action, preferably cpu vs cpu, but I am sure that is a pipe dream.
The next gen game does look and play much smoother than the PC version, but to your point, I won't be able to do any of the graphical or database adjustments on the pc version so while it will play and look smoother it will still be plagued by AI issues that I am able to fix on the pc version. The only aspect that I absolutely loved and miss now when I play the pc version was the real time presentation. Removing cut scenes should be mandatory for any video game. It makes a HUGE difference to FIFA.

# 8 Dogslax41 @ 10/23/13 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavs25
See it works.
Those EA buzzwords.
As opposed to what?
No what works is adding actual animations that are very important to the flow of the game. I don't care what they call it.

# 9 eaw913 @ 10/23/13 11:39 AM
Quote:
Nice to see we (American) PS4 users get the royal shaft on upgrading. That may make my decision to just stick with PC.
Dogslax41, was your comment on us getting the shaft on upgrading options referring to being able to trade in our current-gen title for the next-gen at a cheaper price?

I have noticed the lack of deals related to this in the U.S. and it makes little sense. To solve the issue I just decided to hold off on buying current-gen since I know I will be getting next-gen anyway. Still a problem.

# 10 Yeats @ 10/23/13 11:42 AM
Quote:
I don't care what they call it.
Neither do I, console gaming is dead to me! Now put out a PC version of FIFA next-gen with all them fancy-buzzword features and additions and I might start to take notice.

# 11 Dogslax41 @ 10/23/13 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaw913
Dogslax41, was your comment on us getting the shaft on upgrading options referring to being able to trade in our current-gen title for the next-gen at a cheaper price?

I have noticed the lack of deals related to this in the U.S. and it makes little sense. To solve the issue I just decided to hold off on buying current-gen since I know I will be getting next-gen anyway. Still a problem.
Yeah speaking specifically about us not getting any deals on FIFA current gen trade in. I bought current gen thinking there was no way they would not extend the same deal Xbox users got, but obviously it looks like EA and Microsoft worked out a deal (I'm guessing some monetary coverage from Microsoft to reduce the goodwill cost) and Sony just wasn't willing to play ball.

And I think it's garbage they didn't give the pc version the next gen upgrades. There is no reason they didn't use the next gen code base for the pc. Either they were just too lazy to optimize it or its just a straight up cash grab.

# 12 eaw913 @ 10/23/13 11:57 AM
I am wondering if Sony will catch up. It just seems ridiculous that there is no deal when other games are doing it. GameStop is attempting to throw in some deals, but I'm not sure if they are doing it for FIFA also.

I am a console only guy, but it really does not make sense to upgrade PC as well when it is clearly possible. I am wondering if there may be a surprise release sometime after it comes out on next-gen consoles. Perhaps to keep the focus on that. No telling.

# 13 Yeats @ 10/23/13 12:13 PM
Quote:
There is no reason they didn't use the next gen code base for the pc. Either they were just too lazy to optimize it or its just a straight up cash grab.
There is a third option: plans to discontinue the PC version as they did with their football, golf and hockey franchises.

# 14 Dogslax41 @ 10/23/13 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
There is a third option: plans to discontinue the PC version as they did with their football, golf and hockey franchises.
Don't even say that. Let's not even consider that as a possibility. If you don’t acknowledge it, it doesn’t exist right?

# 15 NightmareBooster @ 10/23/13 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Foot slides have been eliminated and players will use true bio-mechanics to shift their weight from one leg to the other as they run.
Even if I didn't intend to get this game, I would still buy it IF ONLY to see if this is true.

# 16 Artur @ 10/23/13 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
Even if I didn't intend to get this game, I would still buy it IF ONLY to see if this is true.
This is already is true in PES 2014!

# 17 Dogslax41 @ 10/23/13 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur
This is already is true in PES 2014!
PES has it's own set of problems this year.

# 18 Yeats @ 10/24/13 06:15 AM
Quote:
Don't even say that. Let's not even consider that as a possibility. If you don’t acknowledge it, it doesn’t exist right?
It's a whole new corporate gaming world today and especially with this next generation, mark my words. Look at sports: it's no longer about sportsmanship, it's purely an entertainment business and it's all about $$$ now. Gaming is heading in the same direction. In the same way the NFL or EPL has a brand they fiercely protect and control for profit, EA is developing a similar mindset when it comes to their games. They're controlling and limiting how their games can be played and edited -- just look at Madden. Their game-development focus now is all about advertising and marketing their brand, and churning out DLC; all for profit in other words.

This new generation of consoles has been specifically designed and developed for businesses, corporations, and gaming and entertainment companies to do exactly that: to market their product in ways that maximize their profits. But they can't do that on the PC, not in the same way. And that's why in 3 years when EA stops making FIFA for the PS3 and Xbox 360, I'm guessing they'll pull the plug on the PC version completely.

# 19 boritter @ 10/25/13 01:19 AM
Quote:
Yeah speaking specifically about us not getting any deals on FIFA current gen trade in. I bought current gen thinking there was no way they would not extend the same deal Xbox users got, but obviously it looks like EA and Microsoft worked out a deal (I'm guessing some monetary coverage from Microsoft to reduce the goodwill cost) and Sony just wasn't willing to play ball.

Isn't a free version of Fifa 14 bundled in with all European XBone's? Maybe Sony was upset about the partnership between MS and EA so Sony refused to work with EA on USA upgrade options?

# 20 gopher_guy @ 10/27/13 01:18 PM
I like the missed shot reaction bullet point. I would like to see the players on the pitch have some emotion on next gen. In current gen FIFA, when not in a cutscene, it seems like the players are all robots, they generally behave the same way whether it's the first minute or the 90th. I'd like to see players react negatively when they're pressing for a goal late in the game, down a goal, and a player takes a bad shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavs25
See it works.
Those EA buzzwords.
As opposed to what?
I don't understand why people get bent out of shape about this. They have to call it something... Would you rather they just explained everything without giving names to the features they worked on?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.