Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

NBA 2K14 on next-gen consoles.

As much good as we have heard today from the folks at 2K Sports, and there has been a lot of that, we just got word that there will not be any offline multi-team control options in MyGM which is replacing Association mode. There was some hinting it could come back in future editions, but for this year's title don't expect to be able to play with more than one team in offline MyGM mode.

Also Aaron is reporting that there are some features which are in current gen NBA 2K14 which won't be making it over, but no word on what those are from the folks at 2K.

UPDATE: Erick Boenish, AKA SimBaller had this to say...

For those curious about MyGM mode, know this. I only covered about 5% of what this mode is at the press event. This was a bigger media event, one where a large number of the attendees aren't exactly highly interested in the meat and potatoes of a mode like this. I simply provided an overview of what our philosophy was.

We'll be going into MUCH more detail (you know I will take care of you guys here) on what we've done in the coming weeks, so stay tuned.

The takeaway you should have right now is MyGM is Association on steroids. Multi-user had to take a backseat for a minute while we rebuilt the entire foundation of how a franchise mode works. I assure you, this is all for the greater good. Leftos and I will make sure you're all happy at the end of the day.

SimBaller

P.S. For those who aren't into the concept of interacting with staff, players, etc., a Season mode (with variable season lengths) IS available so you can just focus on playing games and moving players around where you see fit.

What do you think of no multi-team control offline in 2K14 next-gen?

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 awr0430 @ 10/23/13 06:28 PM
Im ok with that for now, lol

# 2 SoundsLikeScone @ 10/23/13 06:28 PM
Honestly, I don't even know how you set that up in current gen, so doesn't really effect me

# 3 Abnormal101 @ 10/23/13 06:30 PM
Who cares?.... That's the way I look at it. I'm a one team association guy

# 4 cbpo @ 10/23/13 06:30 PM
This was a dealbreaker for me sadly .

Offline Association/season with friends is all I really do.

# 5 made in eu @ 10/23/13 06:31 PM
will we be able to play any game we want in the schedule ? (like "nba league pass" in cg)

# 6 speedbreaker @ 10/23/13 06:31 PM
any word on classic teams?

# 7 ahuffman @ 10/23/13 06:32 PM
Sigh, this just took the wind out of my sails. I guess I will be running a association on pen and paper (or excel) using exhibition mode. I just hope the Show does not follow suit this spring.

# 8 threattonature @ 10/23/13 06:33 PM
Yep that's a dealbreaker for me also. Only reason I play is to do leagues with friends.

# 9 bcruise @ 10/23/13 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuffman
Sigh, this just took the wind out of my sails. I guess I will be running a association on pen and paper (or excel) using exhibition mode. I just hope the Show does not follow suit this spring.
Knight and the CD guys would burn down the SCEA studio if that happened.

# 10 TheBleedingRed21 @ 10/23/13 06:35 PM
This is great for those that play solo with one team, like me, as association was getting so stale. I am super excited for the change.

I do feel for those that play with friends or like the multi team control. Hopefully next year will fix it.

Either way, this sounds amazing for me.

# 11 Primo585 @ 10/23/13 06:36 PM
Im with the majority on this thread, I dont care about multi team use, all i need is one team and allllllll the cool stuff talked about today... cant wait to get my hands on this game

# 12 huntt26 @ 10/23/13 06:37 PM
I just control one team (that's time consuming enough) so I'm good.

Although if there is no custom music, that's really unfortunate... not enough to make me not buy it, but still a let down.

# 13 franzis @ 10/23/13 06:37 PM
My biggest concern about the new MyGM mode is that it will be based on VC (i.e. for acquiring better skills for you GM)
This will definetely close the trend started last year in pushing people to micro-transactions in order to fully enjoy the game and be competitive
And this is bad

# 14 SoxFan01605 @ 10/23/13 06:37 PM
Don't plan on going "next gen" yet, so I'm not too upset, but I really hope the option makes its way back by 2K15, because it is definitely a must have feature for me. I've yet to play a single sports game whose AI is good enough for me to not want multi-team control in a franchise/association/career.

# 15 infam0us @ 10/23/13 06:37 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic, I want it to be good but I've never liked the AI logic in trades and signings in 2k games so right now I'm worried. I like the innovation but if we still see stupid moves its gonna kill the game for me.

# 16 rkocjay @ 10/23/13 06:37 PM
at least they telling us now instead of finding out the hard way(if true)

# 17 RayDog253 @ 10/23/13 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbpo
This was a dealbreaker for me sadly .

Offline Association/season with friends is all I really do.
Same. Multiplayer association takes a big chunk of my play time with the game. Still buying though just for those next gen visuals plus everything else they've announced so far.

# 18 domidomdomz @ 10/23/13 06:40 PM
Is it safe to say that Online Association will not make it to next-gen modes as well?

# 19 sk @ 10/23/13 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnormal101
Who cares?.... That's the way I look at it. I'm a one team association guy
Typical dude who thinks the world revolves around him.

Who cares? Obviously other people who use multi team care.

# 20 JasonWilliams55 @ 10/23/13 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domidomdomz
Is it safe to say that Online Association will not make it to next-gen modes as well?
I wouldn't say that quite yet... they did no talking about Online other than the Park bit.

« Previous12345678910Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.