Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

NBA 2K14 on next-gen consoles.

As much good as we have heard today from the folks at 2K Sports, and there has been a lot of that, we just got word that there will not be any offline multi-team control options in MyGM which is replacing Association mode. There was some hinting it could come back in future editions, but for this year's title don't expect to be able to play with more than one team in offline MyGM mode.

Also Aaron is reporting that there are some features which are in current gen NBA 2K14 which won't be making it over, but no word on what those are from the folks at 2K.

UPDATE: Erick Boenish, AKA SimBaller had this to say...

For those curious about MyGM mode, know this. I only covered about 5% of what this mode is at the press event. This was a bigger media event, one where a large number of the attendees aren't exactly highly interested in the meat and potatoes of a mode like this. I simply provided an overview of what our philosophy was.

We'll be going into MUCH more detail (you know I will take care of you guys here) on what we've done in the coming weeks, so stay tuned.

The takeaway you should have right now is MyGM is Association on steroids. Multi-user had to take a backseat for a minute while we rebuilt the entire foundation of how a franchise mode works. I assure you, this is all for the greater good. Leftos and I will make sure you're all happy at the end of the day.

SimBaller

P.S. For those who aren't into the concept of interacting with staff, players, etc., a Season mode (with variable season lengths) IS available so you can just focus on playing games and moving players around where you see fit.

What do you think of no multi-team control offline in 2K14 next-gen?

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 SoundsLikeScone @ 10/24/13 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
welp, in closing, the only thing Ill say to those who are upset at not being able to control all 30 teams.... NBA Live 14. I'm not saying that to be a jerk but it is your alternative I guess
Do we even know if they have an association mode, let alone one where you can control 30 teams?

# 142 Melbournelad @ 10/24/13 10:01 PM
Quote:
welp, in closing, the only thing Ill say to those who are upset at not being able to control all 30 teams.... NBA Live 14. I'm not saying that to be a jerk but it is your alternative I guess
So in summary what you have been saying in this thread had no point and was completely false. Got it.

# 143 The 24th Letter @ 10/24/13 10:04 PM
[quote=BluFu;2045593125]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

ehh, the info so far makes me think it isn't association on "steroids" but just assoc with an energy drink.

you know what i'm sayin?
Only negative I have seen is that you can't control all 30 teams in association....Which I don't do...(unless there's something I haven't read yet)

Until I hear more than that, I'm looking forward to using this HGH..

# 144 ahuffman @ 10/24/13 10:12 PM
Quote:
No thanks, as much as I enjoyed live 10, this one looks horrible to me. I will stick with 2k14 on pc if I have to. I am hoping that season mode will fill some of the void for me and allow me to enjoy the game long term.

# 145 SoundsLikeScone @ 10/24/13 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
That's what MyGM is
I meant Live, since it was what he mentioned in his post. I haven't been really tracking that game closely

# 146 JazzMan @ 10/25/13 12:20 AM
Like I said in another thread, no 30-team control is a killer. Not only for those who have brothers/dads/sons that play 2k with them, but for guys that use 30-team control to get the most out of the mode.

If MyGM has SMART AI, it will be successful. If the AI isn't much improved from current-gen, 2k will never hear the last of it.

# 147 timotim19 @ 10/25/13 01:27 AM
I was never the type to control more than one or two teams in Association mode. However, I thoroughly enjoyed being able to WATCH/PLAY any game on the schedule on any given night in Association Mode. As long as I can still do that than I see myself loving this new "franchise" mode.

I also need to know the scoop on editing rookies and draftclasses in this new mode? I get a lot of enjoyment in making my own rookies to be drafted in. Sometime they are real players coming out of college, other times (most) they are fictional players that I just want to see how they match up...again, if I can still do this then all is well and bring it on, but if not, then 2K has dropped the ball.

# 148 raiderphantom @ 10/25/13 07:21 AM
I'm probably not going NG til next year anyway, but this concerns me. I like having full control. Being able to edit ratings/tendencies/playbooks is huge and if they are taking away multi team use it sounds like madden where they might be stripping away control. Playing sim ball is hard enough when we have to change all these things ourselves but if they do remove all control I'll have no reason to buy this. Now maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but this is the vibe I'm getting.

# 149 timmg @ 10/25/13 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbpo
This was a dealbreaker for me sadly .

Offline Association/season with friends is all I really do.
Damn i was looking forward to starting wit my buddy, my spurs vs his thunder......no multiplayer WOW!!!!

# 150 ManiacMatt1782 @ 10/25/13 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man
Basketball is my favorite sport and NBA 2K has been my favorite sports game since it was released but soccer is pretty damn fun offline with friends. It might actually be more fun than playing 2K.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
I forgot about FIFA to be honest, that is another good one to be honest.

# 151 risinglotus @ 10/25/13 08:08 AM
Have they said anything about just a season mode and whether I can control all 30 teams in that?

# 152 cthurt @ 10/25/13 08:51 AM
All I need to know is can we still create draft classes, and use custom rosters in this mode, other then that I can live with the changes that have been confirmed for one year. I just got this feeling that 2k took away all of the customization options, that would be the only thing that would stop me from buying this game.

# 153 PPerfect_CJ @ 10/25/13 09:29 AM
Really disappointing. Guess I'll just be getting the PS3 version. No 30 team equals no buy. CPU trade, free agent, and draft logic is just way too terrible. I shudder to think what they did to custom roster options (if they even have them anymore).

# 154 VDusen04 @ 10/25/13 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
This should be stickied:
Quote:
SimBaller
"The takeaway you should have right now is MyGM is Association on steroids. Multi-user had to take a backseat for a minute while we rebuilt the entire foundation of how a franchise mode works. I assure you, this is all for the greater good. Leftos and I will make sure you're all happy at the end of the day."
I'm guessing most folks have seen that quote, it's just that they're drawing their own conclusions at this point (for better or worse). Quite honestly, if we took every line from a 2K employee at their word, we'd all be hailing 2K as a basketball game that's always done everything perfectly, included everything we ever wanted, and will fulfill all of our wildest dreams.

And to be fair, that's exactly how 2K should talk about their product. But many folks have realized the build up sometimes comes with a deeper truth. And I don't mean that in a really dramatic "They tell us it's great when it's really the worst thing ever." I just mean, sometimes the wonderful tales they weave have some pocks that will later emerge, and I think people have realized that, so they tend to hear the great quotes but also keep themselves tuned in to see for themselves.

# 155 The 24th Letter @ 10/25/13 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'm guessing most folks have seen that quote, it's just that they're drawing their own conclusions at this point (for better or worse). Quite honestly, if we took every line from a 2K employee at their word, we'd all be hailing 2K as a basketball game that's always done everything perfectly, included everything we ever wanted, and will fulfill all of our wildest dreams.

And to be fair, that's exactly how 2K should talk about their product. But many folks have realized the build up sometimes comes with a deeper truth. And I don't mean that in a really dramatic "They tell us it's great when it's really the worst thing ever." I just mean, sometimes the wonderful tales they weave have some pocks that will later emerge, and I think people have realized that, so they tend to hear the great quotes but also keep themselves tuned in to see for themselves.
Well I wasn't so much talking about the beginning of the quote, which everyone will likely feel different about...

I am talking more about the back end. This isn't quite "practice plays" which we are still in the dark about regarding why it was removed...I think Mike gave a fair explanation and glimpse into the future when saying what he said.

If some things have to be put I hold to build a better overall product I get that...maybe 2k15 will be this generations 2k7 once they get a year of dedicated focus with the new tech

# 156 made in eu @ 10/25/13 11:09 AM
Did they rebuild season mode too? If not why wouldnt 30 team control be still in season mode?

# 157 jmarcguy @ 10/25/13 11:43 AM
I never turn trades on. I hate the CPU trades. I sometimes control multiple teams to keep rotations straight & keep teams updated.

# 158 Ninjoid @ 10/25/13 12:02 PM
Could someone from 2K be kind enough to say if we can play/watch games from other teams schedules say as cpu v cpu...I really don't want to be restricted to just my chosen teams games...being able to have the freedom to pick and choose which games to play is how myself and a lot other users enjoy the product.

Getting to the playoffs, or not and just being told who has won via sim isn't good enough...we want the ability to pick any game to watch...irl I watch the playoffs even if my teams isn't there.

Thanks

# 159 Dice @ 10/25/13 12:35 PM
I'm figuring coach mode isn't going to make the cut since it's been removed from the current gen version. But would someone confirm that coach mode is gone from next gen as well? Thanks.

# 160 252Life @ 10/25/13 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
Could someone from 2K be kind enough to say if we can play/watch games from other teams schedules say as cpu v cpu...I really don't want to be restricted to just my chosen teams games...being able to have the freedom to pick and choose which games to play is how myself and a lot other users enjoy the product.

Getting to the playoffs, or not and just being told who has won via sim isn't good enough...we want the ability to pick any game to watch...irl I watch the playoffs even if my teams isn't there.

Thanks
This is what I do. Like if the Finals come down to a game 7, I tend to watch it. I would at least like to have that ability.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.