Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Check out the latest NBA 2K14 next-gen video from FranchisePlaySports, which not only shows the GameSpot video at a higher resolution, but it also shows some never seen before screenshots.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 fiedler2k3 @ 10/24/13 11:39 AM
Who 2K wants to fool saying this is not a port? C’mon! Besides the improved faces, this is exactly the same game as current gen, even have the same commentary…. How can nobody notice that? Woa! Is like 2K is king, and untouchable, so everyone keep saying the same, this is the SAME GAME as current gen, only improved faces and scoreboards and resolution.

# 22 quehouston @ 10/24/13 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsgift2dagame
Pick & Roll fluidity looks MUCH improved.

However, passing through/over defenders is very noticeable in the video...*sigh*
Yea I hate those stupid passes. They've plagued 2k FOREVER.

# 23 VDusen04 @ 10/24/13 11:42 AM
I was wondering if there'd at least be the ability to age the MyPlayer before beginning MyGM. As if it weren't strange enough to be running a real team with a completely fictional figure, it'd be even more bizarre to see a brash superstar you were using for MyCareer (complete with stars shaved into his head) also leading contract negotiations with Corey Maggette.

# 24 renewill27 @ 10/24/13 11:42 AM
Can't wait to play this game with the beluba cam view.

# 25 Leftos @ 10/24/13 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedler2k3
[...]SAME GAME as current gen, only improved faces and scoreboards and resolution.
No. Sorry, but no.

# 26 Cowboy008 @ 10/24/13 11:46 AM
Man I can't wait to play MyGM I think I'm going to be playing that a lot.

# 27 cthurt @ 10/24/13 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
No. Sorry, but no.
Can you say if player editing is in next gen, just so I can begin to get excited about 2k again, right now im feeling nervous about it.

# 28 RangersCruz @ 10/24/13 11:52 AM
Wow our My Players will look that good? damn nice

# 29 franzis @ 10/24/13 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Can you say if player editing is in next gen, just so I can begin to get excited about 2k again, right now im feeling nervous about it.
I believe that he can answer only to questions regarding his domain (AI improvements).

# 30 Optik @ 10/24/13 12:13 PM
Anyone notice the black arrow underneath Iguodala as he made the pass at 2:15 of the video? Looks like they've done something special with directional passing. Reminds me of the manual passing feature in PES and FIFA. Maybe we finally have a manual passing feature in a basketball game!

# 31 d23x @ 10/24/13 12:16 PM
Anyone else feel like 2k is starting to turn into what saints row turned into? I feel the whole "sim" term will soon be long gone from the game, especially if they continue to only focus on my player. I will say the player sit down should be interesting during the free agency period. "No, LeBron stay here in south beach with all the hoes, money, and for gods sake I'm df'in23x!"

# 32 Optik @ 10/24/13 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d23x
Anyone else feel like 2k is starting to turn into what saints row turned into? I feel the whole "sim" term will soon be long gone from the game, especially if they continue to only focus on my player. I will say the player sit down should be interesting during the free agency period. "No, LeBron stay here in south beach with all the hoes, money, and for gods sake I'm df'in23x!"
I always rolled my eyes at Wishlists where little kids would say they wanted a house, girlfriend, car etc. for their MyPlayer, but last night my general impression on Twitter was that they're aiming to become Grand Hoops Auto.

I do feel sim is going to die soon, as the masses don't care about that, and 2K have clearly catered to the masses, with all this RPG stuff.

The only thing that I've seen that could be called "Next-Gen Sim" is the way the new Point of Emphasis feature works, but even that is a revamp of a feature on 2K10.

# 33 HakeemOlajuwon @ 10/24/13 12:40 PM
I love this big screen

# 34 JayAtkHar @ 10/24/13 12:41 PM
I like the new cut scenes for my player. Hopefully crew mode still exists cuz there's no more online association. This may be a positive thing to make online association improve and make clus completely forget about ps3/xbox 360. I pray fouls will ACTUALLY result in contact and not PROXIMITY and blocks and steals are achievable but also by contact. I've seen one clip of LeBron I need to see someone commit a foul or cookie a ball handler.

# 35 dramachild11 @ 10/24/13 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HakeemOlajuwon
I love this big screen

I second that notion!! I was wondering if anyone else was gonna notice how identical this looks to an actual big setting a screen... Visually this game is stunning, it's everything I wanted as a lil kid playing double dribble... If the gameplay is even slightly better than what current gen has than I'll be satisfied (any vague curiosity I had about playing live has been demolished by seeing this vid)

# 36 Optik @ 10/24/13 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
But doesn't all that "RPG stuff" count as sim? Seeing as how that's what happens in real life.
No. Sim refers to action on the court. Not off the court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAtkHar
Hopefully crew mode still exists cuz there's no more online association. This may be a positive thing to make online association improve and make clus completely forget about ps3/xbox 360.
Cite a source that proves that or delete your post.

# 37 yungflo @ 10/24/13 01:12 PM
detail is crazy. they even got the sticky mats for the warriors at the scorers table. I wonder if they use it when they check in.

# 38 JasonWilliams55 @ 10/24/13 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HakeemOlajuwon
I love this big screen

Would like to see Thompson back peddling/side stepping instead of running away from Curry, cause the run away causes the stupid cut back animation you see at the end there, which in turn causes issues when trying to pass the ball to him.

# 39 Rondorampage9 @ 10/24/13 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke_21
watching on my phone, u could have told me it was current gen and I would believe u. im gonna have to play the game to notice differences
You're kidding right?

# 40 turty11 @ 10/24/13 03:12 PM
is it just me or does that look nothing like curry

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.