Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Madden NFL 25 Title Update #2 is available now for PS3 and 360 users. Below is a more detailed list of fixes, provided by EASPORTS_AJ, which were not included in the blog posted yesterday.

General
  • Improved stability in all game modes.
  • Fixed various menu and UI bugs.
  • Fixed an issue with Gameface, which made the eyes render gray.
Gameplay
  • Tuned in-game injuries, which were occurring too frequently in some cases.
  • Improved an issue where the game ran slow in some cases on PS3.
  • Tuned an issue where players with a high Catch In Traffic rating were still dropping too many passes when they were hit after a catch.
  • Tuned pull blocking on the offensive line.
  • Tuned down broken tackles while using the truck stick.
  • Fixed an issue with toss/sweep plays when the game speed is set to Slow.
  • Tuned a defensive blitz when using 4-3 Stack: Thunder Smoke.
Ultimate Team
  • Fixed an issue where offline users who earned a Gold in a Skill Tutorial would not receive the content within MUT.
  • Fixed an issue where the user would be credited with a LOSS in the History Panel instead of a WIN when the user’s opponent quits the game.
  • Fixed an issue with Solo Challenges awarding players a win without finishing the game.
Connected Franchise
  • Fixed an issue where users would get kicked from the servers while advancing their franchise.
  • Fixed an issue where some players from an Imported Draft Class would not have facemasks.
  • Tuned ratings for Imported Draft Classes. (They were coming in too low compared to their NCAA 14 ratings.)
  • Fixed an issue with importing custom rosters where real NFL players have changed positions.
  • Fixed an issue with accelerated clock in CFM H2H games.
  • Fixed an issue where if a user created a new character in a CFM where they are the only member, other users couldn’t find/join the CFM.
  • Fixed an issue where the News Center would display the wrong player in the Draft Stories photo.
  • Fixed an exploit where users could make trades outside of week 8, when doing so from the web.
  • Improved depth chart philosophy so every player at a position is graded on the same player type.
  • Fixed an issue where the same draft storylines would appear in consecutive seasons.
  • Fixed an issue where the Vikings stadium overlay would show unrealistically low temperatures and heavy snow during the preseason.
  • Fixed an issue in Owner Mode when making scheme changes would reset after advancing the week.
  • Fixed an issue where toggles for Heat Seeker, Switch Assist and Ball Hawk would be OFF in game even though they were set to ON in the League Settings.
  • Fixed an issue with re-signing players.
  • Fixed an issue where the Goals tile would be locked in the Playoffs even when the team was still playing and achieving goals.
  • Fixed various incorrect records, names and dates in the NFL Records screen.
  • Fixed an issue where a user’s playbook would be changed when they started a CFM with a custom roster.
  • Fixed an issue where Owners were not notified when they made the Hall of Fame after retiring.
  • Fixed an issue preventing users from entering some passwords in Private CFMs.
  • Fixed an issue where CPU controlled teams were allowed to release injured players.
Madden Share
  • Fixed an issue where filters were not updating.
Presentation
  • Reinstated touchdown celebrations in all online game modes.
  • Improved the logic used to select the GMC Never Say Never Moment of the Game.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 patsfan188 @ 10/24/13 11:11 PM
I had an issue previously with online connected. My players ratings would change from week to week without changing schemes or upgrading attributes ( I have manual on). Anyone experience this problem? For those that have is it fixed?

# 102 ruttentud @ 10/24/13 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan188
I had an issue previously with online connected. My players ratings would change from week to week without changing schemes or upgrading attributes ( I have manual on). Anyone experience this problem? For those that have is it fixed?
OVR rating changes based on performance.

# 103 dvdsaba @ 10/24/13 11:32 PM
Has anyone tried Game Face with the new patch fix? Is it usable now?

# 104 Last_Light @ 10/24/13 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Lol, sounds like you need to tweak the rushing sliders and not the injury sliders if Lamar Miller is challenging for the lead rusher! But hey, it's Madden by EA, anything goes!

Sorry man, it had to be said...
Haha
4th season. 90+ overall with an 85+ overall average o line. I'm sure his numbers are fine. Donald Brown the backup was barely scraping a 3 yard average while he was out.

# 105 homeycool @ 10/25/13 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBorn81
As stated in this thread already, EA said themselves during past maddens that you had to restart franchises in order for the patch to take effect. So we aren't the ones whos incorrect. Perhaps you were just playing patchless franchises all these years and didn't know any better.
Nope. You're wrong. Here is the thread to last years big patch: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2044317878

You'll notice that everyone was able to get player editing WITHOUT restarting their franchise. Has been this way for as long as they have been patching Madden.

Here is a link to the big patch for Madden 2009: http://www.pastapadre.com/2008/09/23...atch-2-now-out

First paragraph clearly states that you will not have to restart your franchise.

# 106 marktwain77 @ 10/25/13 12:46 AM
I installed the patch, started a new CFM using gameface as an owner, and here are my findings (this is on Xbox 360, if that matters):

THE GOOD (which is a lot for me, because most of this bugged me)

#1 Gameface looks good, no zombie eyes. Mine looks better than it did in Madden 13.

#2: IR works! (not sure if it ever did before because I honestly never used it). I simmed the entire season, had 53 men on my roster, with two injured at the end of the season in Wild Card week. Just for the heck of it, I tried to sign a FA. Could not (roster full). I went and put one of my injured guys on IR. Then I was allowed to sign a FA. I repeated the process with a 2nd guy on IR and was allowed to sign a 2nd FA. So it appears that IR works!

#3: Schemes work in owner mode! Not only do they save, but they now change the players' overall ratings like they should. I tested using CJ Spiller. I switched my scheme to power back and he dropped to a 78. I put it to speed back and he went up to 87.

#4 Draft classes appear to be random now. Year #1 I got the Wade Hancock draft (top QB). Year #2 I got Corbett (top QB). No more Eli Watson as a guarantee in the 2nd draft.

#5: No more of my players lined up for the opponent (Bills uni and all). I had turned the game off in disgust pre patch when I saw that. It is fixed now.

#6: You can now retire and immediately start with a new character on the same team. At the end of simming my 1st season, I decided to retire as owner of the Bills and immediately become coach of the Bills. It did not use to work, but it did now! Then, just for fun, in week #2 of the season I retired as coach of the Bills and then created a new character as coach of the Bills. A week later in the season I retired that character and became owner of the Bills. A week after that I became a QB of the Bills. I was just messing around to see what would happen, but a lot of people will be happy about this. I prefer to be coach (see my character more, feel more part of the game) but I want a new stadium for the Bills, so I will sim 1st season as the existing owner then retire him and create my Bills coach in the offseason.

THE BAD (not a huge deal to me, but they don't seem to have fixed passing stats. Here were the top QBs at the end of the 2013 season that I simmed)

Passing YDS (not too bad, 6 guys over 4,000)

Rogers 4403
Brees 4353
Rivers 4247
Ryan 4245
Roethlisberger 4138
Romo 4078
Stafford 3741

Passing TDs (still seem too low to me)

Brees 31
Rogers 28
P. Manning 27
Rivers 24
Ryan 24
Romo 24

# 107 Sturzinator @ 10/25/13 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marktwain77
I installed the patch, started a new CFM using gameface as an owner, and here are my findings (this is on Xbox 360, if that matters):

THE GOOD (which is a lot for me, because most of this bugged me)

#1 Gameface looks good, no zombie eyes. Mine looks better than it did in Madden 13.

#2: IR works! (not sure if it ever did before because I honestly never used it). I simmed the entire season, had 53 men on my roster, with two injured at the end of the season in Wild Card week. Just for the heck of it, I tried to sign a FA. Could not (roster full). I went and put one of my injured guys on IR. Then I was allowed to sign a FA. I repeated the process with a 2nd guy on IR and was allowed to sign a 2nd FA. So it appears that IR works!

#3: Schemes work in owner mode! Not only do they save, but they now change the players' overall ratings like they should. I tested using CJ Spiller. I switched my scheme to power back and he dropped to a 78. I put it to speed back and he went up to 87.

#4 Draft classes appear to be random now. Year #1 I got the Wade Hancock draft (top QB). Year #2 I got Corbett (top QB). No more Eli Watson as a guarantee in the 2nd draft.

#5: No more of my players lined up for the opponent (Bills uni and all). I had turned the game off in disgust pre patch when I saw that. It is fixed now.

#6: You can now retire and immediately start with a new character on the same team. At the end of simming my 1st season, I decided to retire as owner of the Bills and immediately become coach of the Bills. It did not use to work, but it did now! Then, just for fun, in week #2 of the season I retired as coach of the Bills and then created a new character as coach of the Bills. A week later in the season I retired that character and became owner of the Bills. A week after that I became a QB of the Bills. I was just messing around to see what would happen, but a lot of people will be happy about this. I prefer to be coach (see my character more, feel more part of the game) but I want a new stadium for the Bills, so I will sim 1st season as the existing owner then retire him and create my Bills coach in the offseason.

THE BAD (not a huge deal to me, but they don't seem to have fixed passing stats. Here were the top QBs at the end of the 2013 season that I simmed)

Passing YDS (not too bad, 6 guys over 4,000)

Rogers 4403
Brees 4353
Rivers 4247
Ryan 4245
Roethlisberger 4138
Romo 4078
Stafford 3741

Passing TDs (still seem too low to me)

Brees 31
Rogers 28
P. Manning 27
Rivers 24
Ryan 24
Romo 24
How did the number of INTs turn out for the simmed QBs?

# 108 lisinas @ 10/25/13 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Bailey24
And u had freezing issues with internet enabled before the patch?

Mine is still freezing post patch. Cant start any type of game with internet enabled.
Nope didnt have such issues ever, the game froze on me once since i got it (more than a month ago)

# 109 marktwain77 @ 10/25/13 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
How did the number of INTs turn out for the simmed QBs?
Sorry, I never checked INTs... all I did was sim through the 1st season to check everything above out but I didn't bother saving because I plan on starting my "real" CFM tomorrow.

I always sim the 1st season so that I can start with the team I put together, so I'll post the 2013 season passing stats from that sim tomorrow (along with INT)

# 110 lisinas @ 10/25/13 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeycool
Nope. You're wrong. Here is the thread to last years big patch: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2044317878

You'll notice that everyone was able to get player editing WITHOUT restarting their franchise. Has been this way for as long as they have been patching Madden.

Here is a link to the big patch for Madden 2009: http://www.pastapadre.com/2008/09/23...atch-2-now-out

First paragraph clearly states that you will not have to restart your franchise.
Madden 11 had 2 or 3 patches and EA stated after each of them that you need to restart your franchise in order for patch to be 100% in effect,keep in mind 100% , some things from patch might work some might not work if you dont restart...and i mean look few pages back, some guy already did testing and you need to restart offline CFM if you dont wanna see same guy in the draft 2 years in a row.I mean dont get me wrong , if its working for you without a restart then dont do it , but dont call someone ignorant when there is already testing done that proves some fixes dont work if you dont restart.

Edit:Marktwain77 thanks for such info,too bad they didnt touch QB sim stats.

# 111 Matthew25x @ 10/25/13 02:24 AM
Still seeing guys playing after I've already chosen to sub them due to injury. Anyone else have this issue post-patch?

# 112 tril @ 10/25/13 03:19 AM
they didnt tone down the running game. I had 8 carries in the first quarter for 118 yards. I could run at will. this is at default slider all pro settings.

# 113 lisinas @ 10/25/13 03:40 AM
No where they said that they toned down run game, they toned down truck stick not run game itself.

# 114 K9Sig @ 10/25/13 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I don't know about online, but an offline franchise, you can put someone on IR, but it DOES NOT free up a roster spot. Making IR rather useless.
I haven had a problem with IR working correctly in off line franchise.

# 115 tril @ 10/25/13 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
No where they said that they toned down run game, they toned down truck stick not run game itself.
just hoping that it was included in that phrase "and other game tweaks"..

# 116 lisinas @ 10/25/13 06:51 AM
Played first game after patch in new offline CFM . Toned down trucking was really noticeable , especially for cpu RB , no longer guys with 60 trucking rating were running over my defense like Marshawn Lynch,other than that no differences,still had injuries in game unlike most of people here , with injury slider at 25 i saw 5 or 6 injuries combined for both teams.

# 117 TeeDogg @ 10/25/13 08:02 AM
1st ive been playing patchless since release. so DL'd the new patch. First thing I noticed was the menus lag (probably because of connection t servers im guessing). then I get into a game and notice the terrible IE animations and interactions are on full display . I ran a lot of tosses and sweeps and the "in the mud" animations are gone. the truck stick is still suspect IMO.

I had the game playing smoothly before through sliders so I pt everything on default for a few plays and things did seem to smooth out some (IE animations). but im not about to go back to war with the sliders, especially just to play the game another few weeks.

so I deleted the patch and will enjoy the game as I had before, For another few weeks

# 118 kehlis @ 10/25/13 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
but dont call someone ignorant when there is already testing done that proves some fixes dont work if you dont restart
Where did anyone call anyone else ignorant?

# 119 niftyjets @ 10/25/13 09:46 AM
Just looking to confirm...if i am playing an online franchise do i need to restart for the patch to work??

Thanks!

# 120 tmac747 @ 10/25/13 10:04 AM
How do you get schemes to save? I am playing a classic roster CFM with 32 team control in owner mode.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.