Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Check out the NBA 2K14 screenshot comparison of Kevin Durant, Ray Allen and Kobe Bryant current-gen vs. next-gen.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 CT Pitbull @ 10/24/13 05:46 PM
wow what a difference! Visuals in this next gen game are friggin outstanding from what I've seen so far. Very well done by the art team. They deserve a lot of credit

# 42 strobox88 @ 10/24/13 05:46 PM
Whomever it was that designed Kevin Durant's current-gen face must have been working while intoxicated. lmao

# 43 JayAtkHar @ 10/24/13 06:01 PM
Looks great. Allen's headtop looks a bit fat loool but good

# 44 LingeringRegime @ 10/24/13 06:15 PM
You young bucks don't know how good you have it.

Be grateful for this treasure you will have in your hands.

# 45 xr2unitx @ 10/24/13 06:18 PM
Anyone remember Ray Allen from 2K10?

# 46 Primo585 @ 10/24/13 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
it looks good when you compare the pictures but i'm sorry durant still needs some more work done on his face.... ray allen is still on point tho nice!
Lol what do u mean... They scanned his face.. thats what he looks like lol.. i think he looks fantastic.. you cant judge it on a screen shot snippet of one particular angle

I noticed that on these forums.. Everybody draws alot of conclusions from one screen shot or 30 secs of compressed vid or articles.. get over it

# 47 Jakeness23 @ 10/24/13 07:02 PM
I love the new graphics but will the players age in some way other than their skills? I'd hate for 35 year old Rose to look like he does now. I'd at the very least like to have the ability to edit the players hair and facial hair to make them "age" over time because it'd just look weird and a little silly having Anthony Davis at 35 and still look like a teenager or whatever. Maybe it's more of an idea for 2k15 or 16 but I think it would be a nice and welcomed addition visually for the game.

# 48 Steve_OS @ 10/24/13 07:28 PM
Just posted one for Kobe in the OP.

# 49 hear me now @ 10/24/13 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime

Yeah old basketball games didn't even have faces at all.

# 50 youvalss @ 10/24/13 08:17 PM
Nice to see players' hands actually touching the ball. Finally!

# 51 BluFu @ 10/24/13 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
The way the neckline is on nextgen is unacceptable. What's with the straight edges instead of being rounded?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime

lol c'mon son rounded edges? you're not gonna see that from a regular angle.

# 52 xman2k @ 10/24/13 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
The way the neckline is on nextgen is unacceptable. What's with the straight edges instead of being rounded?

that is just so real, honest this game is going to be great just for visuals alone. To think the best bball game with these graphics is just tremendous. Can't wait to see legends

# 53 Abnormal101 @ 10/24/13 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
lol c'mon son rounded edges? you're not gonna see that from a regular angle.
Lol, next thing you know they're going to complain about how the players actual voices aren't included in next gen.

# 54 Jet Sufferer @ 10/24/13 10:31 PM
It's like going from a watercolor painting to an oil on canvas, nice work 2K.

One generation away from total photo realism, our kids and grandkids are going to be dunking on Michael Jordan in the matrix, stiff arming a Dick Butkus hologram, and jacking 500 foot homers off of Randy Johnson in a virtual Yankee Stadium.

# 55 yungflo @ 10/24/13 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Haha, I can't believe this is Dwyane Wade, but VC actually looks pretty legit.

There's a lot to criticize in the photo above but the lighting seems to have a good base, where one would have believed it'd be improved all the way through 2K14. But like you said, Ninja, I think I heard about it being a memory issue as well. It's just, that current gen Durant in the original post... it almost looks like there's no lighting at all... like he was colored with a crayon. The current gen Allen doesn't look too shabby though.
lmao! I seriously couldn't possibly thought that was vince carter! I was thinking who wore number 15 on NJ?

# 56 brent3419 @ 10/24/13 10:39 PM
nxt gen make this gen look like ps2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

# 57 apollon42 @ 10/24/13 10:49 PM
Wow Durante looked pretty bad

# 58 Childish7 @ 10/25/13 12:41 AM

Guys, the newest image looks absolutely nothing like the caps of the OMG trailer. I hope 2k is using the last 2 because those look perfect. The first one looks like a completely different cyberface to me.

# 59 VDusen04 @ 10/25/13 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
lmao! I seriously couldn't possibly thought that was vince carter! I was thinking who wore number 15 on NJ?
Hmm, I suppose it's open for interpretation. I thought Wade looked ridiculous but I could easily notice Carter right away, even though he looks just a touch dark.

# 60 NBASLAM2001 @ 10/25/13 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Hmm, I suppose it's open for interpretation. I thought Wade looked ridiculous but I could easily notice Carter right away, even though he looks just a touch dark.
Wade looks like Victor Oladipo.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.